Chapter 6

Serendipity

Chaeyeon did thought the photo shoot was going to have some intimate poses from the way Irene explained to her on the concept but not this intimate.

“Now put your arms in front of her waist and Chaeyeon put your hands on top of his. Yes that’s it.”

Snap. Snap.

“Chaeyeon put your arms around his neck this time. Jaehyun, just rest your chin on top of her head. Don’t move those arms of yours.”

Snap. Snap.

“Now sit down. Jaehyun turned around and sit straight. Chaeyeon leaned back on him.”

Snap. Snap.

Chaeyeon could practically feel the heat coming from his through her clothes but she act like she wasn’t affected.

Yeah right. Tell that to her pounding heart.

From there they did several intimate poses that could have made the blushes on her cheeks become even more noticeable with each passing flash. She really hoped it wasn’t prominent when they reviewed it back after this.

Somehow the room became even hotter than before and it’s not from all those lightings directed at her.

Some of the poses that she and Jaehyun did required close contact with each other and that means being really near each other. One of the poses had both of them to sit down again but this time with her between his legs and his head down on her shoulder while he hugged her from the back. She could feel his warm breath on her shoulder.

Oh god

Fortunately, the shoot didn’t last that long as for the final pose, Irene now asked for both Jaehyun and Chaeyeon to stand up this time and let Chaeyeon’s head lay on his shoulder while he had an arm around her. Not the first time she noticed, he smell good and considering her position, if she stretched her toe a bit, she could have kiss him.

The thought made her flushed red. To think she imagined that while he was this close to her.

She discreetly glanced up at him.

From the looks of it, Chaeyeon thought maybe she’s the only one who felt all these things because he clearly was a natural at this. He followed what Irene told him without a hitch and the way he touched her wasn’t even shy or stiff. It’s as if he did it all before.

She frowned at that thought and felt something unpleasant that she didn’t want to name came from inside her.

She then decided to silently test him by purposely resting her hand on his chest directly on his heart and what did she knew, it was beating a bit faster.

Very interesting.

She slyly smirked to herself at that. She sensed him looked questioningly down at her but didn’t say anything.

However, she was caught off guard when she felt that hand of his silently trailed up to her waist like a soft caress. She widened her eyes but was able to mask her expression in time.

Snap. Snap.

“Good. We’re done now.” Irene announced loudly. Both Chaeyeon and Jaehyun bowed down and thanked the staffs for a job well done. All of them ate their lunches that were provided to them.

***

Although he may looked calm and collected on the outside but on the inside, it was the exact opposite. Anxious and tense would be few of the words to describe what he was feeling at that moment. His heart was beating faster mainly in doing those poses with her that had him being really close to her. Being this close to her, he can smell a faint floral scent from her.

During the whole time of the shoot, he tried not to show his awkwardness when touching her and tried to calm his heart down which was mostly unsuccessful.

Speaking of it, his heart nearly stopped again for the second time that day when she put her hand directly on his heart. He quickly glanced down and briefly saw a smirk on her face.

He didn’t know where he got the courage from but he decided to get even with her.

Two could play this game.

He devilishly thought. He didn’t get the chance to see her reaction before he heard the flash then after that Irene telling them they were finished already. He was thankful it ended sooner rather than later.

Throwing away the plastic cup in the trash, he saw Chaeyeon was being interviewed by one of the magazine reporter after their lunch. He didn’t have anything to do other than helping cleaning up the place and waiting for her for them to have their talk.

“Good job Jaehyun-ah.” He turned to see Irene smiling at him.

He narrowed his eyes at her in return. “You really should have told me noona.” He sulked.

“Why? I would have thought you would be happy. She’s currently one of the famous models around right now. Guys would kill to be in your position you know.” She quirked her eyebrow at his strange behaviour.

Oh he was happy alright but considering his situation with her, he wouldn’t even say that.

“Don’t tell me. You’ve fallen for her?” Irene widened her eyes and still Jaehyun didn’t answer while throwing away more trash a bit forcefully this time.

He realised she’s been behind him all this time when she said “Did you really? Well I don’t blame you though. Probably half of the guys in your uni fell for her as well.”

Jaehyun just pursed his lips. He didn’t even want to discuss anything with Irene with Chaeyeon being close by even though she couldn’t listen to their conversation. About whether he fell for her, well he pretty much get confused with his feelings sometimes. He didn’t know whether it was mere crush or something more. The latter one which he thought he’s nearly dangerously crossing.

“I don’t know noona.” He ran his hand through his hair, frustrated.

Irene can see confusions written all over his face. Understanding dawned, Irene patted him on the shoulder. “I’m sure you’ll figure it out. For the time being, just let everything flow as it is.”

He smiled. She’s always there when he needed her the most. It helped him a lot of times growing up. “Thank you noona. I’ll try. Now it’s my turn to ask you. What’s with you and Chaeyeon’s manager?”

***

One thing that Chaeyeon hated that, be it in doing her assignments or work, is being distracted. She found herself to be in this predicament when the magazine reporter was interviewing her. At first the interview was smooth as she answered all the questions that were being asked to her from her personal life, her thoughts on certain issues to her career goals in the future.

Midway through her interview, she didn’t know why but for some reason, her eyes kept wandering to Jaehyun to see where he was. She told herself at first that she wanted to make sure he was still there for them to talk later. She spotted him throwing thrashes and cleaning the place up.

She heard the reporter asked her some more questions and replied to it. While the reporter was writing on her notes, Chaeyeon took her time to observe him.

Her eyes narrowed when Irene went to his side and started talking to him. Which was ridiculous as the photographer was the one who introduced her to him. From their conversation, she saw his expression changed from moping to a little bit mad to really serious. She was really curious what they were talking about.

When Irene patted him on the shoulder, Chaeyeon found herself a scowling. She felt that feeling came again and shook her head wondering why she’s acting this way.

She watched in amazement as he gave Irene a smile that showcased his dimples after she told him something that made his expression transformed back to his normal self. She was a er for guy with dimples and with Jaehyun, her heart fluttered.

What would it be like to have him smiled at her like that? As if she’s the only he see in the room?

“So what are your plan for the moment since you’re both struggling with studying and modelling?” the reporter voice can be heard asking. That snapped Chaeyeon back to the present.

Flustered, she answered it without fumbling her words. She hoped she wasn’t caught looking at Jaehyun.

When the next question came in, Chaeyeon decided to concentrate this time. By the time the interview was finished, she was looking for Jaehyun and couldn’t find him. She asked Irene who told her that Jaehyun had left as he remembered he had something to do. She also told Chaeyeon that he apologised for not being able to stay long and talk with her. Irene even looked guilty on his behalf for telling her that news.

For Chaeyeon, she sighed as she saw through what Jaehyun was doing.

He clearly was running away from her. She was fuming a little bit from the inside at his sudden behaviour. She never thought he would be this kind of person. She drew in a breath before letting it out.

“I’ll do anything. Let me make it up to you.”

That soft voice can be heard through her angry thought when he apologised to her and tried to make up for her injury last time. Out of nowhere she remembered those words of his and had an idea. A devious smile can be seen from her face.

“Unnie, do you have Jaehyun’s number?” she asked Irene who nodded with the latter finding it weird by her sudden change of behaviour. Just a minute ago, she saw Chaeyeon was mad and annoyed after she relayed what Jaehyun had told her judging by her expression.

“Then do you mind giving it to me? Chaeyeon handed her phone to Irene to key in his number which she did hesitantly at first.

“May I ask what’s it for?” Irene asked cautiously because she sensed something bad was going to happen to Jaehyun. The boy was rarely the type to get into trouble.

“Nothing. Just wanted to discuss something with him. It’s school related.” Chaeyeon replied as she looked at the number as her brain had started to formulate plans on what she will do to him when she sees him next time.

You owe me Jaehyun.

***

Irene was really exhausted and just wanted to find someplace to lay down preferably a bed with many pillows and a blanket. She strolled to the second living room deciding the couches would have to do for now. She found Bogum in the room as well playing with the keyboard. He clearly didn’t see her as he was distracted with playing.

She just sat down on the couch behind him quietly listening to whatever he was playing.

curved into a smile. One thing she discovered out about him that day was that he really was charming guy as apparent by the fact that the staffs kept talking about him. It seems he easily charmed everyone. With that smile of his, she’s not that surprised. Talented as well by the way he played the keyboard like a professional.

“Do you like it?” Startled, she saw him turned to her apparently aware that she’s in the room in the first place.

She nodded. “You’re really talented. When did you learn how to play?”

“Since middle school. My mom signed me up to a youth music camp during the holiday. I didn’t know which instrument to play until I saw one of the instructors play the keyboard. From there I’ve fallen in love with it. I still play it every now and then when I have free time.”

“Well you were really good at it.” she praised him. After that they didn’t say anything and just stared at each other savouring the others’ company with wide smiles for who knows how long. Both of them didn’t even bother to care.

“Oppa. I’m done now.” Chaeyeon called out as she searched for her cousin. She raised her eyebrow when she found him with a deer caught in the headlight expression with Irene as if they were doing something they weren’t supposed to.

“Yeah I’m coming.” Bogum put on his jacket briskly and looked back at Irene. “It was nice meeting you.” Irene just nodded at him.

On the way downstairs, Chaeyeon was left wondering what the heck she saw just now between her cousin and the beautiful photographer. When she asked Bogum later in the car, he tried to change the topic of their discussion to something else mainly on her shoot and the guy she was paired with.

A discussion Chaeyeon would rather not have with her cousin so she purposely ignored the teasing questions that her cousin asked her all the way back until her apartment.