Chapter 5

Serendipity

21/5

8 a.m.

The location for the photo-shoot was situated in a notable area near the city which housed several apartments and houses.

Chaeyeon and Bogum arrived in front of a unique grey townhouse that might as well be a two house story apartment. The interior of the house can be seen from the many window display. Bogum parked his car at the side. Since there’s no elevator, they had to walk on the flight of stairs until they reached the second floor where the shoot was.

She knocked on the door and was welcomed by who she assumed to be one of the staffs. She and Bogum entered the house. Chaeyeon noticed that, inside the place was really spacious than what she thought before. The place was a bit bare from furniture and instead was filled with things such as lighting stands and modifiers, white screens, tables with makeups, extension cords, power cables, power strips, reflectors and many others. Since the place was vast, it had two living rooms divided by an arch on the other side and the walls were painted white. The place was buzzing with staffs and music were blasted from the radio.

Chaeyeon and Bogum greeted each one of the staffs with the last person being the female photographer who was fiddling with her camera. She didn’t see both Chaeyeon and Bogum approaching her.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Jung Chaeyeon.” She greeted and bowed with her cousin doing the same thing. “Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Park Bogum.”

The photographer looked up and Chaeyeon was briefly astounded by her beauty. The photographer herself could become a model and pose for the photo shoot herself. She was wearing a white sleeveless blouse and blue jeans with sneakers that accentuated her figure.

Chaeyeon was not the only person who was thinking the same thing as Bogum clearly wasn’t hiding the fact he was staring.

“Oh I’m sorry. I was adjusting my camera just now and didn’t see you. Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Bae Joohyun but you can call me Irene and I’m in charge for today shoot.” She shook both Chaeyeon and Bogum’s hand with the latter holding her hand a bit too long as if he didn’t want to let go. Irene just looked quizzically at him and this time he let go.

She then turned to Chaeyeon and explained her on the concept for that day shooting and mentioned later she would be interviewed by one of Venus’ reporter. One of the staffs dragged Chaeyeon to get her makeup and wardrobe ready.

While waiting, Bogum took the time to talk with Irene and getting to know her. “How long does this kind of shoot last?”

“It depends. Usually until I get that ‘right’ shot. I think other than that what makes a shoot long is pretty much all those process of getting your makeup, hair style and wardrobe perfectly done in according to the theme.” Irene told him.

“I see.” He smiled at her and looked around the place. Irene observed his profile and found him to be very handsome. He had a great smile as well which she loved in a guy. Unlike guys she knows, his smile seems genuine as if he like giving smiles no matter what.

Irene was not blind to see that he was attracted her and well it’s not one sided because she was attracted to him as well. When she shook his hand, she felt that heat coming from him and it was evident the way he held her hand longer than usual just now.

“Are you Chaeyeon’s manager by the way?” she asked remembering that the last time she talked with her manager, it wasn’t his voice she heard on the phone.

“No. I’m her cousin by the way. Her manager had a family emergency and she made me his substitute only for today and tomorrow. I’m glad I agree and came in today.” He said while looking directly at her. She knew he was flirting with her. She didn’t retaliate and just smiled at him.

Both continued to talk while Irene was waiting for Chaeyeon to finish and when she did, Irene was pleased with her decision to pick Chaeyeon out of all the female modes for the next magazine cover. Hair mussed to one side, blushes on her cheeks, white shoulder less dress with shorts underneath, perfect for the concept Irene was thinking of.

“Ah I forgot to mention to you. I know you have been working solo all this time but I thought this time coinciding with the theme, I brought in a male model. His face isn’t going to be shown with yours though. He’s just going to be an extra. Are you okay with that?” Irene asked. If Chaeyeon didn’t feel comfortable with it, she wouldn’t force her.

To her surprise, Chaeyeon nodded. “It’s fine. Sometimes it does get pretty boring shooting all by yourself.” This is a new territory for Chaeyeon. She never had a photo shoot with a guy before. It’s always her and several male and female models being photographed individually for a particular shoot.

“Alright. Let me introduce you to him.” Irene walked with Chaeyeon to the other side of the room. Away from all the noises, a soft music can be heard playing.

This side of the room had at least couches, shelves filled with books and several art pictures hanging on the wall. While the other room was scorching hot with all those equipments and people around, this one was a bit cool with its air conditioning on. She glanced briefly to see a guy playing the keyboard and was apparently shirtless with only his jeans. He had wide shoulders which she can’t help but swoon in silent.

Nice.

She knew how this photo shoot is going to turn out.

“Are you done playing that keyboard Jaehyun-ah?”Chaeyeon heard Irene asking the guy rather exasperatedly. From the tone of her voice and the way she addressed him, Irene seems to know the guy really well.

Since Chaeyeon was behind her, she didn’t see him fully.

“It’s been a while since I play the keyboard noona. Maybe I should buy it next time.” The guy joked.

Wait a minute.

That voice.

“Jaehyun I would like you to meet someone. She’s the one I told you about last night.” Irene stepped aside for Chaeyeon to introduce herself to him. Meanwhile, Chaeyeon now saw that familiar curly brown hair.

No.

It can’t be him.

He then stood up and turned back to her. Now facing him, Chaeyeon couldn’t hide her shock to see it was really him. He was clearly shocked as well by the way his eyes widened. He didn’t wear his glasses this time.

Both looked at each other for quite some time still unable to speak obviously both would never expect to see each other in this kind of situation. Without his glasses, she noted that he’s quite good looking with thin lips and those sharp jawline. Added to that he’s tall and had a lean defined body.

And what a body it was.

Chaeyeon found herself to be mesmerized by him.

“Do you two know each other?” Irene asked suspiciously at their continue silence. That shook them both out of their stupor on each other.

“Yes. We went to the same university noona.” Jaehyun answered her while scratching his neck clearly a bit uncomfortable explaining their situation. He purposely left out the part of how they actually met.

“I see. Well it looks like I don’t have to introduce her to you since you know her already Jaehyun-ah.” Irene said.

Jaehyun.

So that’s his name. Now she can finally thank him for that gift he gave and asked questions. Later.

“Come on. Let’s get to work.” Irene exited the room expecting both to follow her except both still stood in the room and can feel the air awkward around each other. Neither one of them spoke until he motioned with his hand for her to go first.

She did but not before saying telling him over her shoulder. “I’m expecting some answers for you later. We need to talk.” Then she sauntered off from the room.

Oh yeah. It’s going to be a real interesting shoot for the both of them.

 

***

When Irene told him last night that he won’t be able keep his eyes away from the model, well he didn’t think she meant it literally and now he couldn’t stop doing just that with the way Chaeyeon was clothed and everything. Other than beautiful, she is really gorgeous. He never would have thought that they would meet again like this and in this place no less. The different scenario he was thinking of was really different than the one that just happened.

Moreover the one thing that he’s especially embarrassed about encountering her was that he was half in only his jeans. His heart nearly stopped when he first saw her and what she was wearing.

Although, he thought he saw that her appreciating gaze travel from his face to his body.

Maybe just my imagination.

He shook his head. Someone like her probably always saw shirtless models.

He sighed to himself as he walked out of the room. Jaehyun really should have pressed Irene for more information last night on which female model he was going to work with. If he did, he would instantly reject it regardless of his connection to Irene.

Now thinking about it again, he really shouldn’t look at a gift horse in the mouth. He just hoped his heart can take it during the shoot especially the part where she said both of them need to talk. Alone.