Chapter 12

Serendipity

27/5

3 p.m.

The flipping sound of a page being turned behind him distracted him for a second time that day. Jaehyun blew out a frustration breath silently as he discreetly took a glance at the person behind him sitting on his couch lazily reading the magazine in her hand.

He frowned to himself and for the many times that day really wondered why she suddenly came to his apartment of all things when he was super busy with his assignment. More importantly, how did she even know his apartment address?

Imagine his shock when he opened the door, still in a disoriented state of mind from pulling an all-nighter and a headache to go along, to see her standing in front of him with a resolve expression on her face. Seeing her, his mind jolted awake and he spluttered in his questioning on why she was there. Predictably, she didn’t answer him. Jaehyun didn’t have a chance to let her in before she shoved him away to enter and took in his apartment.

“Just wanted hang out. Is that wrong?” she finally answered then settled back on his couch before taking out her magazine. Somehow he wasn’t that convinced by that answer and found it really hard to believe she just wanted to ‘hang out’ with someone like him. Nonetheless he decided to just leave it at that. She was wearing a blue shoulder less top with short jeans which shows her long legs. Funny he never noticed she had long legs.

He didn’t even realise he was staring at her for a while until their eyes met to which he hastily turned back in front of his laptop, embarrassed for being caught. Unknown to him a smile curved from her lips as she settled back to reading the magazine she brought with her.

“Why are you here really?” he asked her, still facing in front.

Chaeyeon contemplated whether to tell him her true reason coming as she momentarily sneaked a peek at his phone lying next to the stack of books. She bit her lip as she felt herself getting nervous. Just last night she was really confident in confronting but now she’s really unsure.

“I told you I just wanted to hang out.” She replied. He turned to faced her and just blinked. From the his expression, he didn’t buy that answer.

“Okay truth.” She held up both her hands defensively. “This was something that’s been bugging me for a while now but I’m wondering what do you really mean when you texted me ‘something unexpected came up’ last night? Did something happen to you?”

She saw him stiffened momentarily before replying “Nothing happen to me. I can assure you that. That was supposed to mean the loads of assignment given to me yesterday unexpected.”

She narrowed her eyes debating with herself whether he was telling the truth or not. He could have mentioned in his message about the assignment part to her and she would have accepted it but then his reaction when she asked him if something happen to him, it didn’t make any sense. She saw how his expression froze for a moment and then nervousness which led her to conclude that something did indeed happen to him and it’s not because of those assignments.

His phone ding and he checked before standing up and went to the door. She heard the door opened and a familiar female voice entered conversing with him.

“Sorry for calling you last minute Jaehyun. I thought the meeting would end up early but my boss arrived late and-oh Chaeyeon?” Irene stopped in her track when she saw Jaehyun’s guest.

“Annyeonghaseyo unnie” Chaeyeon stood up and bowed to her.

“Annyeong.” Irene greeted back then turned to Jaehyun “You didn’t mention you had a guest just now”

“I forgot” he muttered

“What are you doing here Chaeyeon?” Irene adjusted the duffel bag she carried on her shoulder.

“Just hanging out. I have something to discuss with Jaehyun” She replied truthfully.

That raised a brow from him.

Irene’s gaze shifted from Chaeyeon to Jaehyun feeling she had interrupted something. Plus she sensed the awkwardness in the air. Jaehyun didn’t ask what Chaeyeon meant by what she said from the confused expression on his face just now.

“I see. Well I’m just going to change my clothes and then leave.” Irene said and hurriedly retreated to the spare room Jaehyun told her.

As the sound of the door closing in, Jaehyun knew she’s not going to let their conversation go just like that judging from the pointed look she gave him. He went to the kitchen and filled a glass with orange juice for her which she took.

He sat next to her on the couch.

Though there was a little distance between the two of them, she wished he would sit really close to her because if she was being honest with herself, Chaeyeon had another reason for coming and it does not involve any talking at all but their mouth locking with each other.

Coincidentally Jaehyun took the timing to his lips albeit nervously awaiting her response. Her mind instantly replayed back on yesterday incident and she immediately put a halt in that thought. There’s a time for that and hopefully a repeated performance.

Later.

“I just want you to be honest with me Jaehyun.” She started and he waited patiently for her to continue. “I expect nothing but the truth from you. Don’t lie to me” Stalling her time, she knew. “Did something bad happen to you?”

His eyes widened for a moment and before he could deny it again, she gave him a stern look.

Jaehyun pursed his lip and hesitated to tell her. She really caught him there and wondered what or who clued her in. He really didn’t want to get her involve in this mess seeing that her stalker was probably watching his every move. In fact it didn’t register to him until now that his stalker may as well have been watching out Jaehyun’s apartment right now and saw her coming. With Chaeyeon here, he’s really putting himself out there for the stalker to harass him even more.

“How do you know?” he responded watching her curiously and cautiously.

“You’ve been acting strange these couple of days when you were with me.” She then told him of his strange behaviours and Jaehyun felt like an idiot. He thought she really wouldn’t notice but she did.

“Nayoung and Chungha unnie told me that they thought you might be in a bit of a trouble when I showed them your message and when I told them about Junhong. I didn’t want to believe it at first but seeing your behaviour, I just had a feeling.”

Jaehyun was speechless. Damn he really had no other way of doing this.

Never underestimate the power of a woman’s intuition

He took his time before confessing “You’re right. Something did happen” he leaned forward and added “but I want you to just listen and don’t panic or be hasty in this okay?”

She nodded and he proceeded to tell her of the past events on how it all started up to the point where he showed the messages and the most recent one he had received yesterday afternoon. However he purposely left out in telling her who the culprit was and who Kun was. He had a suspicion on who it was and it was confirmed by a phone call from Kun last night. All the more reason not to involve her any further into this.

The more he told Chaeyeon, the more he noticed her expression change of that of trouble to fear and horror for him especially when she read the messages which overtime became more and more threatening since he received nearly on a daily. The latest message, the stalker even inserted a picture of a butcher knife with some blood on it.

Not going to lie, Jaehyun was terrified with that one and for the first time, really feared for his life but he’s not going to showcase it or give in to it. Any normal person would cower in fear and if they’re in his situation, they would immediately oblige with the request of the stalker and avoided Chaeyeon at all cost.

However Jaehyun found he just couldn’t do it even with the blooming danger ahead of him. Maybe he didn’t see it that way at first but he had a feeling that when he agreed to be her slave weeks ago, a subconscious part of his mind see it as his way of getting close to her. Weird as it may sound.

Over the past couple of days, he had learned more about her than when they were back in high school where he would just observed her from afar. This side of her, she really loosened up. Even when she’s angry with him sometime, he found her expression cute that it’s hard for him not to smile.

He became comfortable around her and if his past self saw him now, he definitely wouldn’t believe his future adult would talked and spend time with his crush.

Crush?

Well he certainly wouldn’t think of her like that anymore not after yesterday incident and last night thought. He definitely feels the connection between them. The question was does she feel the same between them?

***

Try as she might, she really couldn’t stop reading the messages on his phone especially the picture of the butcher knife. She felt the hairs on her arms raised at the gruesome thought going through her head on what would happen to him.

No!

She bit her lip “You should really report this to the police. I’ll bet they can help and tracked the guy down and” she gulped, hating what she’s going to say next “You really should stay away from me.”

He blinked. “Why would I do that?”

Is he serious?

Baffled, she stared at him incredulously. “Did you not think any of this through? What he will do to you if he’s still seen me with you?

“Did it not occur to you that this threat came after you proposition me and I still fulfilled my part of the agreement?” he countered. He had a calm expression when he said that which made her all the more worried and frustrated at him.

“The stalker probably watching me in front of the apartment by now.” He added.

She gaped at him. “Are you crazy? You’re just going to sit here and not do anything?

He shrugged. “Not much I can do if I didn’t know who the person is. Even if I told the police, they probably think it’s just a prank.”

Well she didn’t rule that possibility out. She sat back down and both stared at each other.

She raised her hand to trace the small cut on his cheek. He didn’t even flinch or leaned away from her. In fact, he welcomed the feel of her hand and closed his eyes.

Chaeyeon didn’t know when her feelings for him started to change. She thought it was a mere case of infatuation on her part but now she didn’t know. Maybe attraction plays a part in it as well. She would admit to herself that she was attracted to him and she could also see attraction goes both way.

As if she didn’t have any control of her body, she leaned forward and lightly kissed that scar on his cheek. He still didn’t open his eyes. Holding his face in her hands, she then moved her lips to his temple before the forehead and whispered “You really made me worried.”

This time he opened his eyes, not surprising to find her kneeling on the couch on top of him. He wrapped his hands on her waist.

“I’ll be fine” he softly replied.

The next thing she remembered was being pulled down and a pair of lips met hers.

Yes!

Closing her eyes, she parted her lips eagerly, welcoming his. Just as she had expected, his kiss was gentle but with a hint of possessiveness when she felt his fingertips lifted to her cheek in a caress. Usually she didn’t like it very much when guys were being overly possessive of hers but with him, she didn’t mind. With his body warm against hers, Chaeyeon felt safe cocooned in his arm.

She lifted her head, still hovering close to him. She saw desire and something else in his eyes when he gazed at her so tenderly with a smile curved his lips. Her heart fluttered.

Mine

Jaehyun her cheek softly, “I-“

The sound of a door closing on the hallway and Irene’s footsteps heading toward the living room in just a few minute shook them out of their reverie and both pulled away with him immediately sitting down on the floor and her sitting on the couch with her magazine.

“Jaehyun, I’ll leave my bag here with you. I don’t know if I’m going to be home late but I’ll call you later okay?” she said as she stood in front of them and noticed both were flushed on the cheeks as if they were caught doing something they shouldn’t.

Irene narrowed her eyes curious what happened between the two of them.

“Of course noona. I’ll take care of the bag for you.” Jaehyun replied, still red.

“O-kay. Well I’ll see you later. It’s nice seeing you again Chaeyeon.” She bowed and went to the doorway with Jaehyun trailing behind her.

As soon as they were out of sight, Chaeyeon covered her face with the magazine and let out a silent scream.

***

He closed the door and let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding feeling his face still red. He didn’t have any response when Irene threw him a knowing look.

Jaehyun hesitated to go back to the living room.

Sauntering back to the living room, he discovered Chaeyeon stuffing her face on her magazine. Glad that he’s not the only one affected.

Feeling light hearted and amused, he sat next to her and slowly held the magazine down. With her cheeks still blushing, she stared at him in confusion and embarrassment.

He sighed. “Chaeyeon, what happened just now, well I’m-“he started but was fast interrupted.

“Don’t you dare apologised for kissing me just now!” her eyes literally lit with anger.

Jaehyun just sat there shell-shocked by her burst of anger with his mouth gaped one.

She leaned forward, eyes narrowed “Tell me something then. Did you regret it?”

He shook his head with no hesitation. Why would he? When they kissed just now, she felt right in his arms and just for a moment, felt like he’s in heaven. Last night, he had come to terms with his feelings about her. Maybe a part of him always knew all along that the feeling is already there but he just plainly ignored and deny it.

They both gazed at each other before he blew out a breath and turned back to his workloads on the table. “Well that’s out of the way, I guess I’ll return to my work then. I’m halfway finishing the first one.” He slid down out of the couch.

Before he can even continue, she spoke. “Can I ask you some questions?” He turned and saw her tucking one of her leg under the other one. A curious expression worn on her face.

“Sure. What is it?”

“How did you know the address to my apartment?”

His eyes widened and the surprise expression must be apparent on his face for she gave him a knowing look. Jaehyun knew as well as Chaeyeon that he had avoided this…… particular issue (or was it question?) with her the first time they were formally introduced to each other. During the photoshoot, Chaeyeon had requested to talk with him on something when they were finished and Jaehyun knew what it was going to be about. Being the coward and unprepared to face her at that time, he left without telling anyone.

Now, he might as well just be honest with her. “I ask for a friend of mine to…….search for your…address at the university site.” Both knew what he was secretly implying there and she didn’t call him out on it. Surprisingly she didn’t feel a bit disturbed that he was willing to do that just to learn of her address.

“Were you the one then….who gave me that salt bath?”

He simply nodded. “Thanks by the way.” She softly smiled at him and he gave her a curt nod. She knew it all along it was him anyway. It was just nice to hear him confirm it to her.

“How about Yuju then?” Now this one she’s really curious. It didn’t enter her mind just now to ask him until a scene of both of them talking came to mind quite comfortable with each other. Chaeyeon still couldn’t place this puzzle piece.

Jaehyun was taken back. He studied her and for a moment there he thought he caught a hint of jealousy in her voice at the mention of the name. This was not the first time he noticed this and the thought she’s jealous elated him.

Let’s test it out then

Masking his expression back, he replied. “What about her?”

Chaeyeon frowned at him. “Well how did you know her?” She was trying not to show her frustration at his purposely omitting of her question. She thought she saw a twitch of a smile play on his lips.

He just shrugged “She was in the same year as us and next to our class.”

A crease appeared on her brow. “That’s it? Really? Then how come you two look so close with each other last time?”

Quite observant, he silently mused but she got him there.

“Well” he rubbed the back of his neck “we used to go on a blind date with each other actually back during high school.”

That explains it then.

All of a sudden Chaeyeon regretted asking and her mood instantly went dark. Now she can named the emotion she felt during those times he smiled at Irene and talking with Yuju. Jealousy. Simple as that. Now it made sense to her why female presences near him bothered her a bit before this. It really took for him to tell her that he went on a blind date with a girl that Chaeyeon can named it especially now that she learned they went on blind date back then and just met each other recently.

Does he still have feelings for her? Did he felt any jealousy at all when he saw Yuju again with Seokmin? Does Yuju want Jaehyun back? Does she still have feelings for Jaehyun? Or like him in the slightest?

Chaeyeon couldn’t help but wonder but then judging by the way they met, Yuju seemed content with Seokmin and from the looks of it are a couple. Jaehyun treated Yuju as a friend he hadn’t seen in a long time and Yuju seemed to like old friend would.

However it still didn’t quell that jealousy of hers. She shook her head feeling discombobulated with herself.

Cupping her face on her hands and folding her legs under her, her interest piqued, she inquired some more. “Who arranged it then?”

Twirling his pen in his hand, he answered reminiscing, “A friend of mine. I actually didn’t want to go really but then I owed him a favour so in the end I did went. So it was the two of us at this café not far from the school waiting and two girls approaching us. They introduced themselves to us and my friend and Yuju’s friend hit it off and I’m left with Yuju. After that all of us decided to go to the carnival at the park. It was good though the date I mean but” Jaehyun stopped as a sad smile came.

Chaeyeon felt her heart sink seeing that. This was one of her worst case scenarios she didn’t want to come true. Him still having feelings for Yuju. Was she wrong in thinking he didn’t have any more left?

“Even though the date was nice, the whole time I felt like Yuju wasn’t really into it and to be honest so am I.” he admitted truthfully and she unconsciously released a breath of relief that she didn’t know she was holding in throughout listening to his story especially now that he confirm himself he wasn’t really enjoying the date.

He continued “I mean we’re just two people who were stuck with each other because of our friends. She was also not really into the whole blind date thing as well and I can see her mind was somewhere else. Every time I try to talk or get to know her, she just gave me short response or just nod. The whole time not once I had seen her smile.

“So during the Ferris wheel ride I decided to confront her and she told me the whole thing. Said she got dragged out by her friend when she all wanted to was stay home. She confessed that week wasn’t her week because she got rejected by a guy whom she really likes. I took pity on her at that time and made an excuse so she can go back home. That’s where I learned of Seokmin when he came by at her house and she introduced him to me. He in turn told me he’s Yuju’s best friend. Though she didn’t say directly the guy who had rejected her, I can see the hurt in her eyes when he said that. Want to guess who the guy was?” Jaehyun gaze came back to Chaeyeon who was silently listening all these time.

She didn’t answer him because she came to the same conclusion as him as well.

“Yuju told him to go inside the house and when he did, I asked her immediately if it was Seokmin and she confirmed it. Didn’t really ask her much more after that and just left. Imagine my surprise the next day when I saw her sweeping her classroom next to us. She thanked me for listening and since then we had become friends though after graduation we kind of lost touch. Although I was surprised she and Seokmin became a couple when we met last time at the mall. I’m glad she’s happy now.” A wistful smile played on his lips.

“I saw you two talked. What was it about?” She voiced out her observation.

His expression then softened. Scooting closer, he the bracelet on her wrist then diverted his attention to the necklace around . Staring at it for a while, he blew out a breath. She watched him in confusion at his behaviour but still went along.

With his finger still on her bracelet, he confessed. “She asked me what was inside the gift that I hid inside the drawer desk of a girl I liked back in high school. I thought I was being secretive going to school earlier than usual but I guess I got caught.”

That stopped Chaeyeon for a moment. Gift? Drawer desk? What was he talking about?

Jaehyun continued, “That gift, I bought it impulsively because I saw her down and crying one day. I wanted to do something to cheer her up. Being a high school student and already having work outside of school, I know how pressured it can be to live up to anyone expectations of her. I thought long and hard what I should do to her and I remembered my mother had a necklace that she wore around her neck engraved with words of what my father gave her during their wedding. So I looked up several online shopping sites and found the two gifts. A necklace and a bracelet.”

Chaeyeon found herself gasping when he recited the words that were inscribed on both accessories. Shock came to her as the realization hit her then.

Jaehyun was the one that gave her the gift! He was her secret admirer. All these times, she didn’t realise the one person who had given her the gift was someone really close to her. He was talking about her all these times.

But the name didn’t add up.

“But-the gift was from someone named Jeffrey.” Chaeyeon said feeling perplexed.

He chuckled. “That’s a nickname I made myself. If I wrote it with my real name, I knew you would tell your friends and they would immediately know who it was.” He added on “In case you’re wondering, I didn’t expect anything back from you in return even if I did reveal my identity back then except for you to just wear them.”

Chaeyeon was left dumbstruck by his confession that she only stared at him for so long that Jaehyun wondered if he made the wrong decision to tell her. His heart pounded while he waited for a response from her. While it’s true he didn’t expect anything from her in the past, he couldn’t help but to expect something from her this time around. Maybe his feelings being reciprocated because just last night he had come to terms with the knowledge that maybe back then he had indeed already fallen in love with her but his teen self just didn’t recognise it.

The prolonged silence between them made him more uncomfortable by the minute that he just wished she could say something or anything.

“Chaeyeon I-“ he started but then stopped as he watched her the bracelet on her wrist with a tender expression on her face. Jaehyun couldn’t help but marvelled at her beauty that he couldn’t stop staring.

A wistful etched on her face as she said, “You don’t know how these two means to me. You were right. During high school I really went through a lot of stress be it from my family or friends. Plus I was already working. It didn’t help that I was away lot for days. I’m thankful for the friends who stuck with me all those times but I still felt alone at times. The schoolwork and having work outside of school got to me that it started to affect my health that one afternoon while doing my revision, I literally break down and bawled my eyes out. I couldn’t take it anymore. Everything was just too hard. I couldn’t even go to my friends because I don’t want them to see me like that.”

Reminiscing those times bought a painful ache to Chaeyeon. For some people, high school years were both a fond and bittersweet memories however for someone like her, it was mostly bittersweet. She missed a lot of things back then and regretted it. Not saying that she was ungrateful for her casting but if she would have made things differently back then she wouldn’t be plagued with the ‘what ifs’. Those years were also the time she was still finding herself and had to grow up being surrounded by mostly adults than schoolmates. She really struggled a lot but thankfully she got out of it after receiving the gift from him.

Chaeyeon was so lost in her thought and regrets she didn’t even notice Jaehyun had sat next to her until he enveloped her in a hug. He placed his chin and hand on top of her hair as if soothing her.

“I know. I know” He quietly repeated.

The move itself was really intimate and it calmed her somewhat from her tumultuous thought. She didn’t even want to break free. She rested her cheeks his shoulder and just let herself be comforted.

“I saw you. To tell you the truth, I really wanted to go inside but I might scare you.”

His body was warm enough that she literally wanted to snuggle to him like a cat would. “I would have let you, you know?” Her eyes closed as a smile played on her lips.

“Would you? I find it hard to believe that.” They were silent for a while just wanting to bask each other for the moment.

“What else you knew about me back then?” she questioned because she had a feeling he’s been watching her throughout their school years.

“I saw you rejected Seokmin one afternoon and he left the classroom with a smile on his face.”

She flinched and opened her eyes. “Oh that.”

Jaehyun watched her as she waited for her explanation and she did.

“I think you know back then many guys confessed to me but I always ended up rejecting or turning them down. Well, for Seokmin, he was….a bit different. When we met in the hallway, he stopped me and told me to meet him in his classroom that afternoon. I knew what he was going to say to me. Before I even spoken the words, he told me that that he won’t be hurt as much by my rejection because he….just realised his feelings for his best friend and that he just want to confessed to get it out of his chest. At the end of the day he said to me, he's just not ready for a relationship.”

Jaehyun winced at the bluntness remark by Seokmin.

“I couldn’t fault or get angry at him for saying that as it was true. I’m really not ready. I got into my first relationship during college year.” Chaeyeon said. Now he knew why she made that kind of expression that day at the shopping complex.

“But I’m glad it worked out well for him though. Just surprised that I never saw him and Yuju together back then.” She added.

“Probably after graduation they became a couple.” He replied. It wasn’t her only. He was also surprised the two were a couple.

“Have you ever got confessed before?” she asked out of the blue. He had to hide his smile at the blasé tone but mingled with curiosity and probing.

“I wouldn’t say it’s a confession actually.”

“What do you mean?” she looked at him with her brows ceased.

“Well I thought at first this girl who was in the same year as us was interested in me when she suddenly gave me a letter in the library but then before I can even say anything, she told me to handed the letter to a friend of mine. Let’s just say I went home feeling disappointed and jealous of my friend.”

“Were you interested in her?”

“No. I think you know, it kind of feel nice, to receive a confession from someone.” He smiled bringing out his dimples which she can’t resist poking.

He let her before releasing her seeing her feeling okay right now. What he didn’t anticipate was that she had s her fingers on his neck, holding him still.

He casted a glance at her and gave her a look. She relented albeit reluctantly and already she missed the contact with him.

“Sorry. I still have work to do.” He apologetically looked at her.

Chaeyeon bit her lip as she looked at him worriedly. “Are you sure you won’t report to the police?”

“I’m not confident enough. Don’t get me wrong. I do believe in the police but I know it’s going to be a while until they captured the person who had send me those messages. Plus the sender had been really careful using disposable phones all these time.” He told her.

She sighed seemingly resigned, for now, that nothing was going to persuade him to go to the police. She gazed at her watch telling her it’s about time she went home.

She announced it to him and he walked her to the door.

“Just be careful you know.” She can’t help but be concern for him. She didn’t know what she will do if something did happen to him all because of her.

Giving her another of that dimple smile of his “Don’t worry. I can handle this.” He then leaned down to brush his lip with hers. Though it was only a simple brush of the lips, it send tingle all over her body.

She really needed to get away from him or else she’d do something stupid but at least she got what she wanted after all.

“Be safe Chaeyeon.” He said to her. Little did she know that would be the last time she would see him.

***

Locking the door after she had left, Jaehyun immediately went to call Taeil and Ten who came after 5 minutes. He needed to tell his friends what’s been going on with him lately including the threatening messages, just in case something did happened to him because he’s not going to take any chances of confronting his stalker alone anytime soon. He had a feeling the stalker would follow on his threats but of course telling his two friends would also mean revealing on the nature of his relationship sans the kissing part.

Taeil and Ten’s reaction at first when Jaehyun told of his relationship with Chaeyeon, they relentlessly that he had to stop several times until they had quietened down. However, when it comes to the messages, they turned serious and as expected, had told him to report it to the police.

When he shook his head, they tried to persuade him but to no avail.

“Jaehyun think about this carefully. This is your life we’re talking here.” Taeil reasoned with him

“I know that but I’m not going to let the police handle this. You should know he’s been using a disposable phone. Even if I did report it, they won’t come out with anything and it’s going to take maybe months before they can even catch him.”

A sudden vibration on his phone, signalled him an incoming message. Upon seeing another unknown number, he opened it knowing from who it was. The stalker didn’t fail to raise the hair on his neck this time as well.

I’VE BEEN WATCHING YOUR APARTMENT. WHAT WAS SHE DOING COMING HERE? DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULDN’T FOLLOW ON MY WORDS? THAT KNIFE WAS REAL AND THAT BLOOD YOU SAW, IT’S MINE.

He thought the message ended there and was going to show it to his friend when another incoming message from the number again.

This time it was a picture send to him of a woman with her hands tied in front of her and her long hair covering her face. The message below it read:

GUESS WHO?

Chaeyeon! Jaehyun felt sick to his stomach and his two friends went to his sides and read what was on his phone. They were aghast by what they had seen.

“Jae-“ Taeil called to him to ask but got ignored

Jaehyun immediately ran down the flight of stairs and dialled Chaeyeon’s number, his heart beating fast at the thought something had happened to her. He didn’t even look back to see whether his friends follow or not. She didn’t answer and dialled the number again. Still nada and decided to call her later.

He rushed to the security guard post to ask the uncle if he saw any figure around only to see the uncle apparently passed out on his desk. He tried to wake him but was unsuccessful.

Suddenly he noticed a shadow overhead and immediately spun to see who it was before he felt dizzy when he smelled a scent from a handkerchief covering his nose. His eyes turned droopy and before he gave in to the smell, he raised his eyes toward the perpetrator face and not surprise by who he had seen.

So he was right all along from the start.

Then he welcomed the darkness.