Death sentence

Monica

Monica ran to Sungmin and strangled him. It was so sudden that Sungmin has no time to react. Luckily Kyuhyun was alert enough and quickly pulled Monica's hands from enclosing more onto Sungmin's neck.

", she is so strong" Kyuhyun grumbling to himself and struggled to pull her hands away from Sungmin. 

"Kyu...." Sungmin started to gargle. He too was amazed that Monica was so strong and he was getting scared.

The policemen, Mr Kim and Ryeowook quickly ran to Monica and Sungmin. Shindong was still filming. Kyuhyun managed to pulled her hands away from Sungmin and Sungmin breathe heavily and hold his neck. The police dragged Monica away and handcuffed her before dragging her to their police car. Sungmin watched Monica moving away in a daze, he was sure that his neck was not broken or anything but he felt dizzier by the seconds and his vision blurred. 

"I could breath, so my neck is not broken, but why did I started to see darkness..... Kyu? .. help me..."

Kyuhyun caught Sungmin when he fall backwards.

"Ming! Are you ok?!"

Mr Kim and Ryeowook turned around and ran towards Sungmin too and helped him.

"Wook, take this key, open our side door and run in to the pantry and take a glass of water, quick!" Mr Kim ordered Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun feel Sungmin's neck but there wasn't any broken bones. He took up Medics when he was in the army, so he knew the basics. Maybe Sungmin couldn't breath momentary when Monica strangled him. Ryeowook came back with a glass of water and pass it to Kyuhyun.

"Ming, try to drink up. I think the strangulation blocked your airway momentarily" Kyuhyun held up Sungmin's back so that he could sip some water. He brought the straw closer to Sungmin's mouth. 

Sungmin sipped some water but got choke and he coughed. Ryeowook took the glass from Kyuhyun's hand so that Kyuhyun could help Sungmin. 

"Kyuhyun-ssi, I think we better bring Sungmin to the hospital. Let them do a thorough check" Mr Kim suggested. At the same time, one of the policeman came over and said that he has called for an ambulance. And he requested Mr Kim to follow them to the police station to give consent to send Monica for destruction. 

Mr Kim passed the key of the neighbouring shop to Shindong, and passed his company's corporate card to Ryeowook and asked him to follow Kyuhyun and Sungmin to the hospital so that he could asked the hospital to charge the bill to the company's account. Kyuhyun asked Ryeowook to drive his car and follow behind the ambulance. He told Ryeowook his car plate number and passed him his car key. 

At the A&E, Sungmin has to undergo an x-ray and luckily, no broken bones. However some of his fine blood veins got ruptured and these were causing his blurred vision and dizziness. He has to be warded for blood test and further observations. 

Ryeowook went off after Kyuhyun had registered Sungmin's name and Ryeowook instructed the hospital to bill to the corporate card.

"Thank you Ryeowook-ssi. Convey my thanks to Mr Kim, and Shindong-ssi too" 

"Don't mentioned it. Update me if Sungmin-hyung can be discharged ok? I need to inform our HR that he would be away on hospitalisation leave, and tell Sungmin-hyung that I go off first? I parked your car in the visitors lot opposite the main door" Ryeowook said while passing back Kyuhyun's car key. 

"Will do, thank you Ryeowook-ssi" 

Ryeowook waved goodbye and Kyuhyun walked back to Sungmin's observation ward. The nurse had taken his blood test and a neck support was wrapped around Sungmin's neck. 

"Miss, can I have a glass of plain water? I will try to get him to drink. And when will the blood test result be out?"

"I'll bring the glass of water right away. As for the blood test result, it should be ready in two hours time, but it will be sent to a doctor first, so we will let you know the outcome around 3 hours time" 

"I see, so we just stay here?" 

"Yes. If the doctor need Mr Lee to be warded, we will move him to a proper ward later. Ok, I will submit this to the lab and come back with a glass of water" the nurse bowed and left the observation ward. 

Kyuhyun looked at his watch. It has past 1am and by the look of it, he would need to apply for an urgent leave later. Luckily, he had completed his audit report for his last client. His follow-up meeting with another client has to be rescheduled. He would message his secretary later. 

He held Sungmin's hands. What a turned of event! If he wasn't fast enough to peel Monica's hands off, she would surely harm him! 

Sungmin opened his eyes and tried hard to focus. "Kyu?" 

"Yes, baby, I'm here" 

"My neck..." 

"Ohh they put a neck support so that you don't turn around so much. How do you feel?" 

"Tired, except that I felt a big sore around my throat" 

"She ruptured some of your veins" 

"Ohhh. I was surprised that she was very strong for a mannequin!" Sungmin chuckled. Then added "What will happen to her? Has they sent her for destruction?" 

"Mr Kim was asked by the police to give consent to send her for destruction. I guess they will only do it during day time, when she reverted to mannequin"

Sungmin felt sad because Monica was his favourite, but this was for the best. Else there would be many more murders. 

The nurse came with the glass of water.  Though she noticed the holding hands and the matching rings, she didn't say anything. She smiled and passed the glass of water to Kyuhyun, and told him the blood samples had been sent to the lab. 

"Thank you, Miss" 

The nurse left them and walked back to the nurse station. 

"Such a beautiful couple. So matching and both are good looking, especially the tall one. And he is so caring! Some people have all the luck!" she mumbled to herself, smiling. 

Two days later, Sungmin was discharged. His blood test result was okay, and he no longer experienced dizziness. The doctor advised him to keep wearing the neck support for at least a week, to ensure his neck has minimal movement. Kyuhyun, being a good boyfriend, took 3 more days of leave to help Sungmin, eventhough Sungmin said that he could managed alone. 

Sungmin found out from Ryeowook that Monica has been sent for destruction 2 days earlier. It was a large shredder-kind of machine which cut pieces of unwanted big items from manufacturers into minute pieces. And for Monica, these pieces were then sent for burning after the shredding. 

He didn't realised his tears were flowing when he read Ryeowook's text. It was like giving her a death sentence. But though he was sad, he was also glad that it was all over. 

He told Kyuhyun about the destruction with tears in his eyes, when Kyuhyun came home from buying lunch, and Kyuhyun hugged him, knowing that he was sad. He sobbed in Kyuhyun's arms and Kyuhyun let him get it all out. It helps, and after a while, Sungmin started to feel better, and after his meal and medications, he slept in Kyuhyun’s arms. 

Kyuhyun was happy that everything has been settled so that Sungmin could put all this behind him. And hopefully, no more such mannequin!