Unbelievable

Monica

It turned out that the latest murder happened around the same timing as Mr Kwan. The security guard, Mr Sung, has taken over Mr Kwan's duty, who previously has requested to be permanently on night duty, and last night was Mr Sung's 2nd night duty. He lived alone too but at a unit along the  opposite road.

"Strangulation? I wonder if the police could get the fingerprints of the culprit. But surely the murder was captured by the security cameras?" Sungmin said, wondering whether it was Monica who did it. 

"I heard the police has seized the surveillance video. By the way, hyung, Mr Kim can see us now" Ryeowook informed Sungmin and the rest. 

"Let's go. Wook or Hyuk, you have the videos?" Sungmin started walking. 

"Yup, I have them" Eunhyuk told him. 

It took them nearly 30 minutes just to convince Mr Kim their story, what they suspected and to get him to agree to watch the videos from their security cameras. Mr Kim nearly fell off his chair trying to grasp the reality that one of his store's mannequin is alive at night. 

"Mr Kim, how about we set a trap and see for ourselves that Monica is alive? One of us disguised as a security officer and the rest hide and I go through the normal locking up, so that she thought we have close up for the night?" Sungmin suggested. 

"Hung, it's a good idea but who wants to be the security guard? Not me I'm scared...!" Eunhyuk said. 

"I can't be a security guard too because I'm short" Ryeowook said with relief. He was scared too and wouldn't want to be the 3rd victim of Miss Monica the murderer. 

"You all can't expect me to be the security guard? I'm fat and I cannot run if Monica chase after me" Shindong stated the facts. 

"Ok ok I think we better leave it to the police. Sungmin, come with me to the police. Shindong, get me the original tape from security for those that you all showed me. Wook or Hyuk, forward the video snippets to Sungmin so that we know the time frame to forward the tape. Ok Sungmin, meet me at Monica's window in 45 mins. Let me finished up some urgent things, and we can go" Mr Kim finished his instructions and started walking away to talk to his secretary. 

The rest started walking back to their office while Shindong went straight to the security office. 

"Ok hyung, I've forwarded to you all the videos, in chronological order ok. I've stated the time also so that it's easier for you" Eunhyuk told Sungmin just when they reached their desk. 

"Thanks Hyuk. Shucks, I must remember to cancel lunch with Kyuhyun. I don't know how long we will take at the police station" 

"Heyyy hyung, actually Kyuhyun-ssi is the best person to act as security guard! He's tall and alert and good looking" Ryeowook suggested as a joke. 

"Yeah, come to think of it, he is! And I think he will be willing to help because of you!!" Eunhyuk chipped in. 

"Yah yah, don't drag him into this. I'm not going to expose him to any danger" Sungmin throw aside the suggestion. How could they suggest that? My Kyuhyun? I'm not going to share him with Monica!

Sungmin texted Kyuhyun about cancelling lunch. He felt bad that today was a special day for them and that not everytime they could make it for lunch. Most of the time their meal time are of different timing because of his shift and because Kyuhyun was always busy. Even at night, they hardly had a proper dinner time together. Last night was not counted as it was a late supper.  So tonight, he must ensure that he could make it for dinner with his boyfriend. 

He remembered during their early dating times. After the shirt exchanged incident, Kyuhyun has been trying to arrange lunch date to thank him, but it was always rescheduled because both were busy. When they eventually managed to meet, it was then that they realised both of them like each other and their relationship started and blossom until the day they confessed, and the rest were history.  And that day was 13th of July. 

And Kyuhyun had been the most understanding and the most caring boyfriend. Kyuhyun texted back "Isit about Monica? Alright then, you settled the issue first. I will change our reservation to tonight. I picked you up for dinner at 6.30pm ok" 

"Ok Kyu. I'm so sorry about lunch" 

"It's ok, don't worry about it, Ming. See you tonight. I love you" 

"Love you too, Kyu, and see you!" Sungmin clicked sent and smile to himself. How he loved that man! 

Sungmin walked out to wait for Mr Kim. Shindong has passed him the tapes from Security Office including last night's tape, and he put them in a carrier bag. He stood outside Monica's window. She looked so harmless. How could she murdered 2 person, Sungmin still could not believe it. An idea come to him. Maybe he should change her leather outfit to stripes teeshirt and pants, and put on the handcuff! And lock the side door! 
Smiling to himself, he put his ideas into his phone's note inkpad. 

Mr Kim and Sungmin has met the police and had shown them the tapes. The police were dumbfounded as the tape really showed that Monica was the culprit for both murders. 

Last night's murder was also done by her. She has come out of her window, and walked over to the security guard, Mr Sung. He must have known about Monica because he did not show any surprise. They were talking, then kissing, then she was sitting on his lap and laughing. However, after a while, there seemed to be an argument and Monica was seen shaking her head, as though pleading. She then walked away but then turned back and strangled Mr Sung. What was conspired, nobody knows. 

Sungmin told the police of his plan to handcuff Monica and locked her inside the window. They would hide in the opposite shop and film what she would do when she realised she was locked. 

The police said whatever they planned to do, it would not alter the fact that the murderer is a mannequin. The can't possibly locked a mannequin up in a prison cell or send for conviction. They have to destroy or burned her and closed the 2 cases as unnatural death. So they gave the go-ahead for Sungmin to handcuff her so that it would be easier for the police to take her away. 

They left the police station and Sungmin updated the rest what happened and the police decision to take Monica away for burning. The police had given him a pair of handcuff and Sungmin got Ryeowook's help to change Monica out of the leather suit into the latest tees designed with stripes, and put the handcuff on both her hands. 

Monica was ready by late afternoon and the display was excellent, with Monica in stripe tees and handcuffed. Some customers even took photos and asked for the stripes outfit. Sungmin took a photo of the display and felt sad when he looked at Monica. Monica has been his favourite and she has helped increased the store sales for different outfits. Such a shame to send her for destruction. Sungmin locked the display window and handover the keys to Ryeowook. 

Shindong informed the security to monitor the reserve camera inside the window display.  The police would come over at night after the store has closed and would take Monica away. The cameras were needed in case Monica attempted to run away before that.  Shindong, Ryeowook and Mr Kim would stay and hide in the opposite shop until the police arrived, because Sungmin could not bring himself to see Monica being taken away. Furthermore, he has a dinner date with Kyuhyun. He wouldn't want to miss it as today was the anniversary day of their first confession and Kyuhyun would always make it a day for them to celebrate. 

Kyuhyun picked him up for dinner and in the car, Sungmin told Kyuhyun what has happened. Kyuhyun knew that his boyfriend was very passionate about Monica and would feel very sad to let her go for destruction without saying goodbye. 

"Ming, we'll go back to your store after our dinner ok. Just tell yourself that you are doing the right thing. And that Monica can be replaced". 

"You are right Kyu" yes, he must tell himself just that, and let Monica go. He took a deep breath and put on a cheerful face "Ok, so where are we going?" 

"To 63 City building, the restaurant that we always wanted to go but reservations were always full. I was lucky to be able to change the lunch reservation to dinner!" Kyuhyun said smiling. 

"You mean you managed to make reservation at 'Walking On The cloud'?" Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun with surprised expression. He had always wanted to go to that Level 59 cafe overlooking Han River but it was always fully booked. 

"Yup!! " Kyuhyun said smiling happily at Sungmin. 

"Wow!!! Finally! And it is better at night because Han River and surroundings are more beautiful at night!!" 

"Yes, it's a blessing in disguise isn't, since we couldn't make it for lunch? I booked lunch because it was full for dinner. But surprisingly when I requested to change reservation to dinner, they said no problem!" Kyuhyun said, laughing happily. "Alright we are here, hopefully there are available parking lots". 

They managed to park and took the lift up to level 59. Once they were shown to their seats which was next to the window, Sungmin couldn't wait to take out his handphone to snap away the beautiful sunset and Han River. 

Kyuhyun laughed at his boyfriend. "Ming, see the menu, what would you like to order?" 

"Kyu, you came here before for your business meeting. What would you recommend?" 

"Mmmmm, garden seafood salad to start with, clam chowder soup if you want soup, then for main dish, I know you love meat, so shall we order roasted lamb chop steak with herbs? I want to order wine too" 

"Wow. Ok let's go with those. I'm hungry already!" 

They made their orders and talk about the beautiful view outside. Kyuhyun went over to sit next to Sungmin to take a wefie with him with the Han River and surrounding lights in the background. While he was still next to Sungmin, he took out something from his pocket, lifted up Sungmin's hand, and push in a ring into his finger. Sungmin looked up to him surprise. It was a couple ring, and Kyuhyun showed him his finger with a similar ring, and smiling lovingly at him, Kyuhyun squeezed his hand, said in a low voice "Be mine forever" gave a quick kiss on his forehead, and moved back to his seat. 

Sungmin examined his ring. It was beautiful. White gold with a small  diamond in the centre. It was beautiful even for men. Sungmin looked up to Kyuhyun and said "Thank you, Kyu. It's beautiful" 

"You are welcome. I just want you to be officially mine, haha. And I wish I could kiss you now but we can save it for later in the car and  at home" Kyu laughed. 

"I love it. I love you Kyuhyun" Sungmin said in a low voice which only Kyuhyun could hear. 

Their food came and they had a wonderful time talking and eating the delicious food. The wine came later and they did a toast to commemorate their anniversary for being in a relationship. 13th July would always be their special day, and now that Kyuhyun gave him a ring, the date became even more meaningful to Sungmin. He belongs to Kyuhyun, heart and soul. Period. 

When they finally made a move, it was past 9.30pm. Sungmin got a text from Ryeowook informing him that they are closing the store and getting ready to go over the neighbouring store to hide. They had already informed the shop's owner which was Mr Kim's friend, and he has willingly passed them the key to the shop. Sungmin replied Wook with an ok emoticon. 

In the car, Sungmin hold Kyuhyun's hands and smile at him. "Thank you for tonight, Kyu. I enjoyed it a lot! And also for this beautiful ring. I love it" He was pulled into a hug by Kyuhyun and they kissed briefly 

"More later" Kyuhyun said with a wink. 

Sungmin laughed. Kyuhyun always made him feel happy, wanted and loved. 

"We go to your store?" 

"Yeah, once we reached there, we just park first, I need to text Ryeowook to know what's happening" 

"Alright, here we go!" and Kyuhyun started driving. His ring gleamed from the lights outside. Sungmin smiled. Kyuhyun is his. He is officially taken. 

"Why are you smiling?" 

Sungmin laughed "Your ring gleamed in the dark from the lights outside. I was just telling myself that you are mine and officially taken!" 

Kyuhyun laughed "I love it when you are being possessive" 

Sungmin laughed, remove the ring to admire it, and asked "When did you buy it? Ohh, your name is engraved in the inside!" Sungmin was amazed because he didn't know and smile happily that his ring has Kyuhyun's name on it. 

"I ordered them last month, and collected them yesterday before I met my client. My ring has your name engrave in it. See?" and Kyuhyun removed his ring while still holding the steering wheel and passed it to Sungmin. 

"Ohh wow. Let me snap a photo" and Sungmin put the ring together and snap it at an angle where the engraved names could be seen. "Kyu, we are really a couple now! I love the feeling!" and he returned back Kyuhyun's ring. 

"Yeah, get used to it coz I'll never going to let you go or share you with anybody... " Kyuhyun smile at him.

"I love you with all my heart, Kyu. I'm yours and I'm not going anywhere" he smile lovingly at Kyuhyun.  The sound of incoming text made him looked down at his phone "Oh it's from Wook" 

"Tell him we are reaching soon" 

"He said they are all set and the police are at the carpark on standby. So far, Monica is still not moving" 

"Maybe she needs to see you and me leaving the store..." 

"Maybe... I don't know... I'm really stump. Kyu, just park near the store. I text Wook that we are here. Ohh I saw the police car. They are smart to off the siren lights" 

Kyuhyun parked his car just outside the mall's entrance. The carpark on the ground level did not have many slots. More carparks are in the basement. 

"Oh Wook said Monica started turning her heads and looked down at her handcuffed hands. But that's it. She didn't move anymore" 

"Maybe she's crying" Kyuhyun said it as a joke. 

"How did you know that? Wook said 'She seemed to be crying'. Wow Kyu, you are amazing!" 

"Really? I think she knew what she did was wrong. Ming, I think you better see her. Or maybe we both go in to see her. Asked Wook to ask your boss whether it is ok for us to go in". 

"Wait Kyu, Wook said she banging the window and try to kick the side door. And Mr Kim asked us to come in now and bring the police also. Let's go. I call the police over" and he scramble out of the car. 

The two of them and 4 policemen walked into the mall. The store was on the right side. They could hear some banging and Sungmin walked faster to reach the window. 

"Monica!" Sungmin shouted. 

Monica stopped everything and looked at Sungmin. She cried and put her hands on the display glass as though begging for Sungmin to help her. By now, Mr Kim, Shindong and Ryeowook had come out and while Shindong was still filming, Mr Kim talked to the police and handover the display window's key. 

Kyuhyun put his hands on Sungmin's shoulder to gave him some support and strength. He knew that Sungmin was disappointed with what had happened but nevertheless felt sad to see Monica go. 

Sungmin hide his face in Kyuhyun's chest. He tried not to shed any tear and took some deep breath. Kyuhyun rub his shoulder and said soothingly "Ming, everything will be ok, just let her go". 

Sungmin nodded his head. He walked towards the police who had captured Monica and gave them the key to the handcuff. He then turn to Monica and said "Goodbye Monica". Monica shed more tears and followed the police. 

However before she was led into the car, she struggled and ran off....