The display panel

Monica

Sungmin has done dressing up Monica with black leather overalls (jacket, pants and a cap), but something seemed to be missing. He stood in front of the display panel and tried to visualise how a bad girl image should be displayed.

By the time his boyfriend came over to fetch him, Sungmin was still standing in front of the display panel.

"Heyyy Ming, not done yet?

"Ohh you are here! Sorry Kyu, give me another 5 minutes. I just need a final touch. Something is missing. I need to portray a bad girl image to bring out the leather overall".

"Hmmm, Monica?"

"Yeah Monica. I need to display her such that she catches customers' eyes"

"Just let her hold a knife...." Kyuhyun smile.

Sungmin turned to his boyfriend "Kyu! You are brilliant!! That is a great idea!!

"Ming, I'm kidding actually !"

"No, really, it's a great idea! Let me find a knife!"

"Ming, it will be dangerous if children played  near Monica and touch the knife"

"The display area will be locked. Wait there Kyu, I go find a knife"

"Maybe a toy knife?"

"The toy dept closed already, I don't have the key to that area. Unless I use real knife first, tomorrow when I came in for my duty, I will  replace it"

"Okayy whatever you say"

"Ok give me another 5 minutes" Sungmin winked at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun smile back and shake his head. His boyfriend was always so serious about his work and always so excited when he got an idea. 

Sungmin became Head of Merchandising and visual, for Seoul's top department store just a year ago. He oversees the team in-charge of brand merchandising and visual, as well as the team in-charge of stocks and purchasing. Sungmin also has to attend Management meetings and often flew overseas to attend fashion conference and seek new supplier for the department store. 

Sungmin was also very passionate about his Monica, a mannequin at the front entrance display panel, facing the mall internal walkways. He personally volunteer to take charge of the visual display and it would give him a great satisfactory if his boss praised the display work, or even if some customers stopped by to admire the display or the clothing.

Kyuhyun still remember there was one December night when Sungmin worked till the wee hours, just because he decided to re-do the whole display to change Monica from Santarina to a gorgeous girl riding a sleigh. Kyuhyun has fallen asleep in his car waiting for his dear boyfriend.

Kyuhyun got to know Sungmin when he first bought a shirt, but wanted to change the size on the following day. He has forgotten to bring the receipt, so the salesgirl has to call her supervisor, which was Sungmin, to handle Kyuhyun, who refused to budge until he got his shirt exchanged. Sungmin agreed to change it if Kyuhyun could send him a picture of the receipt when he got home. That was when it all started, since they have each other's number!

Kyuhyun himself worked at a successful audit firm, and being an auditor, he was always busy but would always make time for his lovely Sungmin, especially when Sungmin was on night duty.

"Found it! Ok here we go! How is it now? Looked better?" He asked Kyuhyun, smiling.

"Hmmm, point the knife downwards.."

"Like this?"

"Yeah, that's better. Daebak!" Kyuhyun showed a thumbs up to Sungmin.

Sungmin walked over to where Kyuhyun was standing and checked the display. Indeed, it was what he wanted to achieve! Bad girl image and it bring out the leather attire to perfection.

"Ok, I'll wrapped up, locked the display area, off the lights, and we can go off" Sungmin said while running inside.

They bid goodbye to the night security officer, Mr Kwan and went to Kyuhyun's car.

"Hmm pizza!! That's our supper? Thank you, Kyu! I'm hungry already!"

"Go ahead and eat if you are hungry. I bet you forgot to eat lunch" Kyuhyun reached over and pinched Sungmin's nose. 

"I did! Ryeowook bought a sandwich for me"

They ate their remaining pizza at home. Sungmin has moved in with Kyuhyun about a year ago because  they were inseparable and it is more convenient to stay together as Sungmin could cook, though only when he has day duty. And Kyuhyun prefered to fetch Sungmin if he has night duty so that he would not get too worried.

The Mall was already buzzing with shoppers when Sungmin arrived to start his duty at 2pm. He noticed that there were 2 policemen with the security guard on duty, Mr Park and they were watching the surveillance monitor. Hmm maybe there was a pick pocket, Sungmin thought. Oh well, hope the pick pocket got nabbed. He was pleased when he saw some women crowding the display panel to admire Monica and her suits. He walked past them and walked towards his office. 

"Hyung! Your Monica was daebak! You sure win the best display again this quarter!!" Ryeowook was practically shouting once he saw Sungmin entered their office.

"Ya Sungmin, how could you always have marvellous ideas?!! That's not fair! Why didn't God give me ideas like yours!" Shindong slapped his back jokingly.

"Heyyy guys, not everytime I could come up with a good display. Last night, Kyuhyun gave me some ideas and the result is what you see" Sungmin told them honestly.

"And Hyung, I heard from Sunny, they have sold 70 pairs of that leather suits!! The 'S' size is now sold out. I've already place more orders"

"Really, that was great!! I didn't expect the suits to be sold so fast"

"Heyyy guys, have you heard about Mr Kwan?" Hyukjae walked in and walked towards them.

"What about Mr Kwan? I saw him last night when I left with Kyuhyun"

"His room cleaner found him dead this morning and called the police" Hyukjae added. 

"Oh my God! What happened? He was fine last night!" Sungmin was shocked. No wonder there were 2 policemen at the surveillance monitor.

Hyukjae leaned closer and whispered "I heard the police suspected he brought in a e and make out with her. was exposed and erect, and there was a stab wound, but doctor confirmed that he died of heart attack, not due to the wound. Poor thing, man, he got off before he got off"

"Maybe there were finger prints. For sure the police could nabbed the girl soon. She must have stolen money or something" Ryeowook gave his opinion.

"Anyway, the police are still investigating. Keep our ears opened!!" Hyukjae concluded his news and sat down at his seat.

Sungmin got a call and went over to his desk to pick up his phone.

"Sungmin! Your display is awesome!" Mr Kim sounded happy over the phone.

"Thank you Mr Kim. I just hope it helps the leather suits sale"

"It sure does! And your display was brilliant. Who would have thought to add a knife to visualise the bad girl image. That was really great thinking. And you added some blood on the knife!! It is really awesome!!"

"Errr blood, what blood... ?"