Bizzare

Monica

Sungmin went off after his meeting with Mr Kim. He was upset because Mr Kim didn't seemed to agree with him that his reporting the knife to the police was a good idea. Mr Kim said that Sungmin should have discussed with him first and not take action on his own. Mr Kim did not like to get involved in the murder case, eventhough Sungmin said if the knife was really used for the murder, they would be at fault for hiding the murder weapon.

He just left a note on Ryeowook's table that he would be going off. He wondered where was everyone, Ryeowook, Shindong or Eunhyuk?  Somehow, he don't feel like messaging them. That note will do. He was just too pissed off with Mr Kim.

After he walked out of his office and out of the department store, he received a text message from his boyfriend Kyuhyun saying that he probably would finished very late and whether Sungmin could still wait for him. Sungmin replied back "It's ok Kyu, I will go home myself. Don't worry".

But he didn't feel like going home right now. He crossed over to head to Myeongdong and immensed himself into the crowd. He just don't want to think about the knife anymore. He bought 2 wraps of Korean egg toast from a stall, and headed home.

He got a text from Ryeowook "Hyung, where are you? Can we call you, there's something urgent"

He texted back "Not right now, Wook"

Ryeowook tried calling. Sungmin declined the call with cursing at his phone "What the hell wrong with Ryeowook? I said not right now!"  and he off the phone.

He reached home and went to shower. He ate, kept the other wrap for Kyuhyun, and went to bed.

When Kyuhyun stepped into their home, he was puzzled as to why their home was very quiet. Didn't Sungmin came home? He saw the egg toast wrap "Oh Ming is at home? But why didn't he answered my calls or reply my text?"

He saw Sungmin sleeping on their bed and the 1st thing came to his mind was maybe Sungmin was sick, because Sungmin was a late sleeper. Alarmed, he rushed over to Sungmin and touched his forehead. He don't have a fever. Was Sungmin upset that he came home late? But he did informed his dear Ming that he would be late. He thought of getting some supper earlier, but Sungmin didn't answer his calls. Kyuhyun sensed that something was troubling his boyfriend and he felt bad that he wasn't there when Sungmin needed him most.

His phone buzzed and he quickly left the bedroom so as not to disturb his sleeping boyfriend. The caller was Ryeowook, Sungmin's colleague. 

"Kyuhyun-ssi, I'm so sorry to call so late. I just remembered that I have your number" 

"It's ok, Ryeowook-ssi. I just get home" 

"I couldn't catch hold of Sungmin-hyung. I think something happened when he met Mr Kim because he left office after that and refused even to talk to me" 

"I sensed that something happened too that made him upset. He slept early and didn't even wait up for me. Why did he went to see Mr Kim?" 

"He wanted to update Mr Kim on the knife and the police report. But I'm not sure what Mr Kim said that made him upset" 

"Hold on, what police report?" 

"Sungmin-hyung went to the police to show them the knife, which he suspected to be the murder weapon because it got blood" 

"What? But did he has sufficient proof? I mean, he did asked me whether I took a photo of the display after he completed it, and I think at that time the knife was clean, so I have sent the photo to him" 

"Yes, so he use the photos to make a police report. Anyway Kyuhyun-ssi, I wanted to show Sungmin-hyung something, maybe I forward the surveillance camera snippets to you and you show it to him?" 

"Camera surveillance snippets? You mean you saw the culprit?" 

"I will forward them to you and you see, okay. If you can wake him up, let him see so that we can show the evidence to Mr Kim first" 

"Alright, send them to me."

"Coming up. Bye Kyuhyun-ssi" 

Soon, a video was being shared. Ryeowook texted to forward the video to 3:25mins. Kyuhyun couldn't believe his eyes and he texted "Seriously??? Monica?? " 

Ryeowook texted back "Wait till you see the next video. Forward it to 3:25mins. The video was from the mall's surveillance camera facing the mall walkways" 

Another video was shared. Kyuhyun was shocked to see what happened. 

He texted Ryeowook "Oh my God! So that was how she and the knife got out!" 

Ryeowook replied "I'm sending you a 3rd video. That would be the time when she returned back and resumed her position. And I think that would also be the time when Mr Kwan was murdered" 

A 3rd video was shared. Monica came back with the bloody knife and went back the display area through the side door which she left opened. Kyuhyun couldn't believe his eyes. Monica came alive at night!! 

Kyuhyun texted Ryeowook "But why did she killed Mr Kwan?" 

Ryeowook called instead "We suspected that Mr Kwan knew that Monica was alive at night and they must have some romantic relationship. Probably Mr Kwan threatened to expose Monica's secret, so she killed him while they were together" 

"Oh God, how could this happened. And I don't think the police would believe this" 

"Kyuhyun-ssi, if you could show them to hyung, at least he can plan the next move".

"Alright, I will try to wake him up. Thank you so much Ryeowook-ssi. I will update you later. Goodnight". 

Kyuhyun was stumped. How could a mannequin came alive at night? What magic is this? 

He went to their bedroom and sat next to Sungmin. He shook him lightly and kissed his mouth. Sungmin stirred but didn't wake up. 

"Ming, wake up baby. I'm home"

Opening his eyes slightly, Sungmin yawned and said "Kyu..." 

"Wake up baby. Are you okay?" 

Sungmin moved and started to sit up "Kyu, sorry I fell asleep. I bought your dinner, Korean egg toast"  

"I saw, but I haven't eat. Are you okay? You off your handphone and when I got home, you have already slept. I was worried that you are sick" 

"I'm okay now"

"Want to talk about it? I need to show you something too" 

"Ohh what is it?" 

"No, you tell me first what made you upset? "

"How did you know I was upset?" 

Kyuhyun move closer and kissed him "You are my boyfriend, of course I know when you are upset" 

Sungmin rested his head in Kyuhyun's arms. He needed this. He needed Kyuhyun's support. 

He told Kyuhyun what happened and what Mr Kim said that made him very upset. Kyuhyun hugged him and let him cool down. He then told Sungmin that Ryeowook called and showed him some videos. 

Kyuhyun climbed up the bed and pulled Sungmin to sit against his chest. He hugged Sungmin from the back and hold his phone so that Sungmin can watch "Ok, watch this Ming.  Oh wait, I will forward it to 3:25mins"

"This is from our surveillance camera opposite our entrance. How did Ryeowook get this?" 

"I'm not sure, probably from the security office. Ok here it is, watch" 

"Oh my God!! Am I seeing things??" Sungmin was speechless. What he saw was Monica started turning her head to see Kyuhyun and himself walked away. She didn't moved much, it seemed that she only moved her head. 

"Ok according to Ryeowook, this 2nd video is from the Mall's camera, along the Mall walkways, outside your store. Let me forward the video a bit..." 

Sungmin grabbed Kyuhyun's arms. He couldn't believe his eyes. Monica turned around and slowly moved towards the side door and unlocked it. She then came down, hide her knife in her back pocket and walked towards Mr Kwan, who kissed her and together they left his post and opened the door to the basement, where he has a room for him to sleep. 

Sungmin kept saying "Oh my God, oh my God. I can't believe this!! " 

"Ming, there's 1 more video. Hold on...." 

Kyuhyun selected the 3rd video for Sungmin. It was from the same surveillance camera angle but about 2 hours later. Monica came back holding the bloody knife and climbed back the display area through the side door and locked it. She resumed her display position and all things were back to normal. 

"I can't believe this!!" 

"So Monica is alive at night after everybody left, and only the security guard knew. I wonder why she didn't come alive when we were there. She could just bait her eyelid on me. I'm handsome too" 

"Tsk Kyu..." Sungmin nudged him from the front. 

"Why not? I was just standing there in front of her the whole time waiting for you. She could have just wink and I'll take her home" 

"Shut up... and you are not available in the first place" 

"Ahhh yes, she must have known that I'm taken. What a waste...." Kyuhyun was jokingly teasing Sungmin. 

"Cho Kyuhyun!" and Sungmin turned around and wrestled Kyuhyun down. Sungmin pinched him all over the place and they were laughing and rolling and  ended up kissing because Kyuhyun needed to stop all the pinchings. Kyuhyun was glad that his dear Ming wasn't upset anymore. 

"Ming, but seriously, before showing this to the police, discuss with your boss first, together with your colleagues. Get everybody's opinion ok. Your colleagues were trying to help you with these videos". 

Sungmin sighed. He knew Kyuhyun was right. "Okayyy" 

"Good" and then his stomach started rumbling. 

"Kyu, you haven't had your dinner. I'll go heat up your egg toast. You take a quick shower and then eat your dinner ok" 

"Yes my dear boyfriend". He kissed Sungmin again, pinched his nose, and got out of the bed. "Oh yes, Ming, can you text Ryeowook to say that you have watched the videos?" 

"Alright, I will text him" Sungmin got up and reached for his phone to on it. He saw lots of missed calls from Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun and numerous texts. He read Ryeowook's text and then reply him. 

"Wook I'm ok, don't worry. Kyuhyun has shown me the videos and it's really unbelievable! Who would have thought that Monica is alive at night! Anyway, once you are in the office, set up a meeting with Mr Kim, say 10.30am? We'll show him the videos. Thanks Wook"

"Got it, hyung! Rest well and see you tomorrow!" Ryeowook replied his text. 

Slowly, Sungmin got up and went to their kitchen to heat up the toast egg. His mind were still muddled. All these seemed so surreal and bizzare. He tried to recall back the 1st time he was presented with Monica. The mannequin was not factory manufactured like the rest, but came in as a gift from a Middle Eastern customer as a thank you gift after Sungmin managed to find the customer's lost diamond ring. He named the mannequin as 'Monica' because it came in a box with a name 'Monica'. 

Mr Kim let him use the mannequin for the main window display area, and Sungmin has decorated Monica himself eversince and Monica never disappoint him. Whatever clothing Sungmin decided to put on her, Monica always looked good and he managed to get best display award a few times. 

When the microwave ping, Sungmin got a shock and realised his train of thoughts had gone a long way. He took out the egg toast just went Kyuhyun walked in to the kitchen. 

"Mmm, smells nice" Kyuhyun took the plate from Sungmin and kissed his boyfriend's forehead. "Have you texted Ryeowook?" 

"Yes, I asked him to set up a meeting with Mr Kim and the rest, so that we can show him the videos" 

"Great" Kyuhyun started eating. "Hmm this is nice. You want some?" 

"No, thanks. I will make myself some cereal" and Sungmin got himself a bowl of cereals and sat with Kyuhyun. 

"Kyu, remember I told you where I got Monica from?" and when Kyuhyun nodded his head, Sungmin continued "I think the middle Eastern customer must have cast some spell on Monica, that it can be alive at night". 

"I'm not sure anybody would believe that, though, especially the police" 

"I hope Mr Kim would come up with a plan, coz I am not going to lead this anymore".

"Yeah, let him take the lead, unless he requested you to. Ok, you done? We can go back to bed". 

"We are supposed to digest our food first before we sleep" Sungmin washed his bowl while Kyuhyun threw away his wrappers, and washed his hands. 

"Yes, we should do something for the food to digest" 

Sungmin felt Kyuhyun's hands wrapping around him and he smiled to himself. "My naughty boyfriend! He's gonna carry me to bed!" and he was right!! And his boyfriend not only carried him to bed, but made love to him too. Much later, Sungmin's muddled head felt so much better and he fell asleep happily in Kyuhyun's arms. 

The next day, before Sungmin walked into his office, he glanced at Monica. She was at the same position but somehow the toy knife was on the floor. "Oh the knife dropped. I get Donghae to retrieve it later". When Sungmin walked in to his office,  Shindong ran to him. "Sungmin, guess what?? Another security guard died, this time it was due to strangulation!!"

Sungmin was shocked "What??!!!"