VIII

Catch Me, I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo felt under the weather.

His sinuses were clogged and his body was being dragged down from the this week's exhaustion. Perhaps he got himself completely sick from stress and it was finally taking a toll on his body. He was glad it was the weekend, though. He didn't want to file in for a sub that he didn't quite trust without meeting and Jun or Minghao couldn't always sub in for him. He thought, despite getting sick, he was thanking God it was on weekend, rather than a weekday. The sickness was another story he couldn't bring himself to talk about, in fear of him silently cursing on and on about it, just like what he wanted to do now as he laid on the bed, feeling heavy and disgusting. His head didn't feel clear and he could barely process the situation. Jisoo had to breathe with his mouth open for his airway to properly comprehend that he is indeed capable of breathing as a whole. 

Jisoo his side, nuzzled and cuddled deep within the duvet. His mouth was slightly parted, inhaling and exhaling as his sinuses began to act up, restricting him from leveling his breathing properly, or even breathe in general. His hands clutched tightly at the soft fabric before relaxing, a minimalist sigh escaping his mouth that was soon covered by the blanket as he rubbed his face onto it. The warmth radiated brushed against Jisoo's face, warming him up almost immediately, perhaps worsening his fever without realizing as he patted at the blanket, letting a gap form and invite the cold air in underneath his blanket, shivering but sighing in relief, satisfied by his small gesture. The teacher groaned softly, grabbing his phone after a while and clumsily texting Jeonghan along the line of him being way too sick and to not let Chan into his room at all. Tossing his phone to the side, he turned his head to bury it into the pillow instead, despite it being hard to breathe. 

Moments later, the door opened.

Jisoo quickly lifted his head up, spotting the CEO step in, the door shut behind him before Chan could barge his way in. The teacher furrowed his eyebrows at him, watching him draw closer, expression blank before he felt a warm hand pressed against his forehead. "How could you have gotten sick?" Jeonghan muttered, not meaning to reprimand him, his tone genuinely curious before he heard a sigh, "I'll get you medicine before we leave. First, since you're not fit enough to take care of Chan, what can we do? Wonwoo and Mingyu are busy doing their rounds in Busan and Seungcheol has to come with me to manage the people at the office."

Jeonghan retracted his hand away from Jisoo, watching as he loosely shrugged, turning on his back, tangled up in the sheets, body flushed. The CEO pursed his lips at his response, his index finger tapping delicately against his chin, his gaze lingering on the now bundled up figure that stared back at him, feline-like eyes blown up wide; curious and tired. 

"Can.. Chan go to your work place?" Jisoo asked suddenly, his tongue running across his chapped lips, out of nervousness, watching as Jeonghan looked at him, waiting for him to add the Just joking response, that he never got, "You know Chan isn't a handful. He's stuck to you like glue, and even to Cheol." 

"Jisoo, this is an office we're talking about. A very, very popular office that's always bustling with activity and clearly not a safe environment for a child his age either. He can get lost, reporters swamp that area, and there's.. inadequate people that come in and out of that building that I don't trust. That place, whatsoever, is not fit to be a daycare site."

"A school isn't either, Jeonghan."

Again, his lips were pursed.

The teacher sat up, keeping the blankets closed to him as he sniffled, clearing his senses as his back was hunched over, looking absolutely dejected, "I don't know, Jeonghan, I don't want to get him sick and the only best option we have right now is for him to go with you and Seungcheol. It also gives you another reason to actually come home early for once. Think of this as a bonding experience. Just make him bring his homework and the book I know he checked out, it'll distract him. It won't be too bad."

Jeonghan contemplated it, before grunting out, "Fine. I'll bring him along," it was clear he didn't necessarily agree but it was their only option they had right now and he couldn't argue with the man who adamantly sat there, sick, without peeving one of them off. "You," he paused, pointing his finger at Jisoo, "Better get over this sickness soon. I don't have time to do this," he sighed out before grumbling, "I'll get your medicine." with that, he turned around and left.

/

"Is that your son?"

"Ah, he's so cute!"

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Yoon's infamous son that popped up on his doorsteps in the middle of the night."

"Didn't think I'd be able to witness this."

"More like, I didn't think this would ever happen."

"Papa.." Chan's voice mumbled as he buried his face into Jeonghan's neck, the ends of his hair tickling him at the slightest as his grip tightened around him, squeezing him firmly.

"Ignore them," was all Jeonghan muttered, entering his office once Seungcheol opened the door before hearing it shut behind them. 

It was silent between the three of them, aside from Seungcheol flipping through the papers in the folder and tossing it onto his desk. Jeonghan grabbed the chair that was propped up against the wall and slid it by the corner of his desk before setting Chan down on it. "You just have a meeting in a couple of hours," Seungcheol spoke up for a moment, gaining his attention, "The company finally responded and is coming down. Only free day they have is today,"

Jeonghan's nose scrunched up as he sat in his own chair, "An earlier notice would have been better, but alright. Once they solidify a time, inform me right away."

"Yes, Mr. Yoon," he teased gently before leaning over to ruffle Chan's hair. "Oh, and be sure to pack up for the business trip in a few days. That commerce company in Osaka has been trying to phone you for a while but.." his gaze averted towards the manila folder, indicating for him to read it over, "I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's worth checking out." was what he concluded, earning a nod from Jeonghan, signaling for him to leave, to which he did.

Feeling Chan's gaze linger on him, he met his gaze, both of them just silently looking at one another before his son broke out into a large grin, his dinosaur backpack propped up on his desk as the CEO sighed out, shaking his hands gently. It's going to be a long day, brace yourself.

Chan was dejected upon hearing from his dad that he couldn't spend time with Mr. Hong today because he was sick. Of course, he put up a brief fight, claiming that he wasn't going to get sick before not only getting scolded by Jeonghan, but Seungcheol too. The child merely frowned at the idea before asking where he was gonna go then. He was very surprise once he heard that he was going to his father's office; some place he thought he was never going to see, but he couldn't help but feel that little bubble of excitement once he realized he was going to visit the place his father spent most of his time at. Even if it was a bitter realization. Chan was up once they told him to pack up his homework and the book he got at the library from the school. He stuffed them all into his dinosaur backpack and raced back down, demanding for Jeonghan to hold him, to which he obliged. 

Once they got there, Chan was at an awe.

It's bigger than my school! was the only thing that went through his mind as his gaze was on the large building and as they walked in, it was the prettiest sight he's ever seen in his life, but he didn't dare utter a word as they went into the elevator, Jeonghan and Seungcheol's words drowned out as he examined the area. Chan always played that game; a game where he investigated and checked out places to make sure they're safe for the people he cared about. I have to know if this is safe for papa and uncle! He was determined, even as he shrank away from the words people were saying once he saw him, as they walked down the hallway, passing the offices and open lab with cubicles that bore witness to the child in Jeonghan's arms. His shred of confidence that was once there, withered away once his face was buried into his dad's neck, hiding away from the unfamiliar environment.

Though, as time passed, Chan became comfortable.

His homework was done and his book was long forgotten in his lap as he began to chat with Jeonghan about this week's class lesson. It was something he always did, even before Jisoo began to live in their home. He gloated about his 'smarts' and how great of a person Jisoo was in general. Usually, he would be cut off by Jeonghan, who would always say he was busy, but the male just sat there, nodding his head along every time his son spoke and continued to type away on his laptop. 

After a moment, he spoke up, "Can I play with uncle?"

"Good idea," Jeonghan responded immediately, his typing ceased as his gaze flickered over to Chan, smile forced, almost relieved, "Do you have your book and everything else?"

"I have my book," Chan responded, waving it around and then tilting his head, "Can I leave my bag here?"

"Yeah, of course, whatever you want to do."

"Do you promise to take care of my dinosaur backpack?" he frowned, unsure of his words now once Jeonghan was typing again, the screen reflecting back against his round glasses.

"Yes, I promise Chan." he murmured, "It's safer here anyway. You'll end up leaving it somewhere in the office and lose it. I would say we could buy it again if you do but your homework isn't replaceable. So, it stays here, but take the book with you to Seungcheol."

"Okaaay," Chan drawled out, jumping off the seat as his small feet thudded against the floor quietly and then walked towards the door, opening it and waving at Jeonghan and then exiting, closing it behind him.

Now that he was walking on his own two feet, he didn't realize how small he was compared to everything else in this building. 

With his book clutched tightly to his chest, he ventured on, head up, chin tilted upwards pointedly, while his lips remained pursed. His hands were curled into tight fists (careful of his book, of course), as he marched on, his footsteps echoing along the narrow hallway. Chan could hear the faint, bustling noise that evidently lead to the cubicles. That's when he halted. Where's uncle? he thought to himself, blinking a few times as he glanced around a few times, head peeking into the rooms secretly before quickly bolting away. A sigh made its way past his mouth as he dragged his feet against the carpeted flooring. I'm not lost, I'm adventuring. Adventuring! As the determination filled him once more, he bumped into something or someone. 

A squeak fell from his mouth, falling down onto his rear. Chan whined, feeling the familiar clog of his throat as tears stung at his eyes but he didn't dare let his tears fall. I'm a big boy! His hands scrambled for his book that fell beside him before hugging it tightly to his chest, looking up to see an unfamiliar man now crouched down in front of him.

"Did you lose your parents? Is it one of the clients here?" he rose one eyebrow, head tilt to the side, "What's your name?"

"I'm not telling you!" he yelled, panic lacing his tone as his eyes widened, shaking his head, nose scrunched up.

"I should have approached this differently," he muttered before sighing, his gaze locked onto Chan, to which he returned, "Let's start over. I work here and I help with.. Er.. finding lost.. things or people. And you, correct me if I'm wrong, are considered a lost person, right?"

A nod.

"Alright, then it's my job to help you find whoever ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter