XI

Catch Me, I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo knew that he was only going to be on this trip for just a little bit before he brings Chan back home to Korea. To go back to his job. To go back to his life -- without Jeonghan there for a few more days. He knew all that, but why did he feel so lonely about it? That thought had crossed his mind various times through this small "vacation" of his, but being able to spend time without stressing over work or stressing over life in general, it made Jisoo feel much better. Granted that he was able to tease and poke fun of Jeonghan idly every time he ran around the hotel room to search for his things while Seungcheol barked at him to hurry up but also scolding him for other reasons that Jisoo lost track of. But those moments where it was just him, Jeonghan, and Chan, it was moments that he lived for. Whether it's just sitting and bathing in the silence of being with one another while listening to the soft vibrate of Chan's humming as he played with his toys; Jisoo felt at ease. He felt at home. And those times where Jisoo was able to witness Jeonghan get to work late at night while Chan was fast asleep were those times he was able to admire him. He would never admit it, but he'd always admire Jeonghan. The little things about him that grew too fond of. From the curvature of his face, his eyes trailing along his nose, and permanent pouty lips, he was at an awe. From his porcelain skin and the way his cheeks would grow wider, more prominent, once he smiled and his eyes soon followed, smiling through his slits as he let himself grow vulnerable, bearing in mind that others would see his expression. 

It was those moments that Jisoo also let himself grow vulnerable and wear his heart on his sleeve, ready for his thudding heart to be taken. 

But of course, he wouldn't be able to say something like that. That'd be too sappy . He would shut down his dwindling feelings ever so often as he remember who he was, who Jeonghan was, and what he was doing here. This wasn't some type of drama or story that had a good ending. Jisoo couldn't possibly be living a whole romantic life. It could never happen. Not for him, not for this hopeless romantic of a teacher.

Even so, he couldn't help but imagine it could at least happen.

Just a small flickering hope that the cold CEO would have feelings that were more than acquaintances  towards him. 

It was Jisoo and Chan's last day here before they go back home early tomorrow. To say that Jisoo was just a bit upset was an understatement, but it's not like he could always put his life on hold like this. Before, he couldn't afford to put his life on hold, but now, he guesses there were some exceptions. It was the same thing the past few days; Jisoo would wake up before Jeonghan, sharing the same bed after talking for countless of hours and crashing soon after. His arms wrapped securely around Jisoo's smaller frame while Jisoo's arm was lazily slung across the other's midframe as the sheets were tangled amongst their limbs. Jeonghan's newly dyed blonde hair was a mess; covering his face and yet it shone vibrantly under the glistening ray. It was how Jisoo would always wake up but also fake his slumber just a bit longer whenever Jeonghan began stirring awake. He never knew what happened -- what Jeonghan would look like in the silence that lasted well over five minutes before a hushed 'good morning' fell from his lips, sleep lacing his tone. And it was like on cue, Jisoo mustered up his acting skills to fake his awakening and mumble a soft greeting back before readjusting, facing away from the other, only to feel Jeonghan's grip tighten once more.

"We have plans today," Jeonghan started groggily, "It's my day off.." he trailed off, fingers dipping into the soft crevices of Jisoo's body, "I was thinking we could take an off day and go out with Chan on a picnic." he spoke slowly as Jisoo was able to pick up the soft, breathy pauses the other had, his mind mainly focusing on the way his fingers danced along his frame absentmindedly.

"Yeah," Jisoo breathed out, not realizing that he held his breath for so long as pants that he disguised as a yawn fell from his mouth, "We can do that." he nodded at the proposal, suddenly becoming oddly aware to how close their bodies were and how much warmth Jeonghan managed to radiate off of him, "I'm thinking we're gonna just pick up food on the way since we don't have supplies here to make anything."

"You're right.."

"Just say we're eating out, but at a park."

"Okay," Jeonghan paused, "We're going to eat out, but at a park."

Jisoo stifled a laugh as he turned around to meet his gaze, the corner of his lips quirking upwards, "Got it." he saluted mockingly before beginning to sit up, feeling the arms that kept him captive before fall at his sides instead. "Should we get ready then?"

The teacher barely caught that disgruntled look settling on his face as he glanced around, "I guess."

Jisoo's fingers threaded through Jeonghan's hair, amused, before ruffling the silky thread, "Then get up, sleepyhead."

/

After managing to get Chan dressed and ready for their outing, they decided for simple already made bento boxes. It was less stressful than going to go at a restaurant that Chan knew nothing of. Quick and easy bento boxes that not only had a lot to it, but saved money. Other than that, they restocked on snacks and drinks (mostly for Chan) and left the convenience store. It was mildly warm out but still cold enough to wear a light sweater. No matter how many times Jisoo glanced at Jeonghan, he still wanted to laugh. His attire was casual, but he did try his hardest to make it seem like he wasn't the Yoon Jeonghan. Even when Jisoo grabbed at his hoodie, tightened the string, and threw on some sunglasses for him, he was still oddly out of place. Despite his hidden features, there was something about him that was alluring. Enticing. Something that made gazes drift off over to him in a heartbeat. Blonde strands peeked out from his hood as shaping his face in a silly manner but Jisoo felt too unbothered by it to fix it. Instead, he got lost in memorizing him. Again. 

"Jisoo?"

A blink. Another blink. A third blink, "... Huh?" 

"Do I look.. unnatural? Is that why you're staring?"

Jisoo's lips pursed before shaking his head, shrugging nonchalantly, "I wasn't staring. I was staring at something else."

"Oh." Jeonghan rose one eyebrow, "My apologies for assuming." It grew silent for a moment before he spoke up once more, "Can we talk?"

"We're already talking, Jeonghan?" Jisoo countered with a laugh, his gaze landing on Chan as he abandoned his food and went for the play structure to play. Jisoo could hear the annoyed sigh escape his parted mouth and could imagine a small eyeroll, but he was too please with his response to even care.

"I am going to ignore that." he said, shooting him a glance before looking ahead once more, "How about we go out for dinner tonight?"

"Uh, we can?" Jisoo responded, unsure, "We just have to take in consideration of what Chan likes and go off from there. Better yet, why don't I go look for places that could b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter