IV

Catch Me, I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was eventful for Jisoo.

The various holidays that were stacked by one another; Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and was New Years considered an actual holiday to him? As a teacher, he had think of small events he could do with the class; also being mindful of the ones who didn't quite celebrate that holiday so, of course, he thought of another alternative event that usually just lead to coloring and drawing. Nonetheless, they all seemed to pitch in. For Halloween, it was just a play day. Jisoo got a few things done as a class, setting reminders of what to do when trick or treating and assertively assuring the safety that parents neglect to tell their children about, even if they were to coddle the said children. Seemingly after that, Jisoo took Hansol and Seungkwan out trick or treating, Chan asking to join them within seconds of bringing it up. A celestial-like sparkle that was embedded in his chocolate hues that the teacher just could not deny him at all. Thus, popped the question of Jeonghan's whereabouts. His demeanor died down, bringing up his father's work and how Seungcheol wasn't quite sure if he had the time to take him. So, after school, Jisoo really wasn't sure how he ended up at the grocery store with Jeonghan, without Seunghcheol and Chan. But of course, Jeonghan was wearing one of Jisoo's gray hoodies, the hood securely on his head, covering his beige hair. 

"So, about Halloween," Jisoo voiced out, grabbing a bag of candy off the shelf, placing it in the cart as Jeonghan pushed it forward, accidently bumping Jisoo; having heard a quick sorry from his mouth in its place. "Plans?" he hummed, dismissing the harm done. 

"Work," the elder responded bluntly, eyes glued on the candy filled shelves and mentally cringing away from the sweet, sweet substances that could cause harm to anyone; besides, he wasn't a fan of sweets at all. 

"And?" he attempted to voice out a conversation, digits lacing around the holes of the cart, pushing it forward, causing Jeonghan to stumble forth from his previous resting position, to which he grumbled but pushed the cart. 

"Just work."

"Well, you're off right now, aren't you? What harm is it to take him out in a few hours?"

"I got a call on the way to pick up Chan, said I gotta head back to review a few more things."

"Are you sure that can't wait?" Jisoo muttered, dark hues moving towards him, boring into the elder figure, eyes evidently saying something that Jeonghan recognized almost immediately.

"I-" Jeonghan stammered out, blinking a few times, "I don't know. I just.. Don't celebrate Halloween, this is the first year with Chan so I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do." he was at a loss and the teacher nodded, understanding. 

"So, when you were younger you never celebrated it?"

"I did, per se, but I celebrated it with a nanny I had, rather than an actual parent. Besides that, Halloween never excited me, and I don't have a sweet tooth, unfortunately." 

His mouth formed into an 'o', nodding now. A hum deliberately vibrated against his pink lips, continuing to tug the cart forward before dragging him to follow him towards the beauty necessities; where he needed to load up on utilities such as shampoo, condiitoner, soaps, and all the likes. The pads of his fingers that brushed against the bottles, eyebrows furrowed as he read the labels, evident enough, his indecisiveness was absolutely prominent and Jeonghan couldn't help but muffle laughter that threatened to peek out from his lips. Tearing his gaze away, it settled on the various hair dyes that were aligned perfectly along the shelves, gnawing on his bottom lip.

"Gonna dye your hair again?" the other asked all of a sudden, breaking his focus immediately. 

"Ah, just looking."

"Wouldn't look bad if you went with that dark brown you've been eyeing at." Jisoo put his own things into the cart and tapped the dye box, "Plus, your roots are showing anyway." he teased, hearing a mock gasp elicit rom Jeonghan's mouth, "Ish. Okay, joking, joking. It's not bad. But doing a quick fix up with this is cheaper anyway."

"Isn't box dye bad for your hair?"

"Hey, it's cheaper," Jisoo spoke in his defense before just grabbing two boxes, mischief glinting in his eyes, "You'll fit in with the normal people and won't stand out. People won't even recognize you're the Yoon Jeonghan from behind especially. No more hoodies to cover up! And wow, no more of me running around with your blazer on me. Yeah, deal?"

"Are you dyeing it for me?" Jeonghan spoke unsurely.

"Well, now that you're asking.." he trailed off and then grinned wholeheartedly, "Sure. I'll mess it up rea- I mean, I'll make it perfect, Mr. Yoon!"

"Whatever." he sighed, fearing the results of his hair as he watched the dye being placed in the card and finally, their grocery shop came to an end. 

And what surprised Jisoo the most was Chan arriving at his house at 6 PM sharp with both Jeonghan and Seungcheol to accompany them.

/

"Hey, quit moving," Jisoo hissed, gloved hands that were caked with dye hovering above Jeonghan's somewhat sloppily dyed hair from his consistent movements.

".. It's Thanksgiving, please refrain from doing large damage to my hair because I do not want to look like a fool today." the CEO breathed out warily, watching as Chan bounded into the open bathroom, eyes widening in fascination and mouth parted and then shifted up into a grin as he climbed up onto Jeonghan's lap and situated himself there.

"It smells gross!" Chan chirped with so much happiness laced in his tone that Jisoo broke out in fits of laughter and Jeonghan let a chuckle escape from his lips.

"Alright, Mr. Yoon, I'll make sure this looks perfect," the teacher mocked and then rolled his eyes, "I just went to drop Chan off from my house and you dragged me inside to do your hair, so, can't complain about anything."

"Alright, but-" Jeonghan went to go protest but found nothing, zipping his lips in a mock manner.

"Mr. Hong, Mr. Hong!" Chan suddenly sang, "Are you stayin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter