X

Catch Me, I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't because Jisoo was somewhat infatuated with Jeonghan that he actually went to the airport before the designated time it was going to leave, no, it was mostly because Wonwoo stormed into his room not even 30 minutes later with Mingyu in tow, yelling about how he'll have breakfast prepared in 20 minutes tops while Wonwoo and Jisoo pack. It was difficult to get the teacher out of bed in general. He texted Minghao to sub in for him, only to be surprised to get a text back moments later. Jisoo didn't have time to scold him about being awake when he had to go to work in just a few hours. But, there wasn't any reason for Jisoo to scold an adult like himself. Perhaps he was some sort of unconscious helicopter parent. Jisoo and Wonwoo made quick slow work on packing clothes for his last minute trip. Most of it consist of Jisoo whining and trying to go back to bed, which eventually turned into Wonwoo packing his clothes and basic necessities if Jisoo gave his okay to him while he lazed around in bed, nestled underneath the soft duvet, drifting in and out of sleep.

Getting away from Mingyu was harder when the younger was eyeing him like a hawk, a spatula in his hand, ready to be smacked down whenever he dozed off. He ate his food, offering the other a sheepish smile or two, only to be returned with a satisfied smile. As soon as he finished, cleaned up and everything, he was rushed outside of the house with an hour to spare. Traffic wasn't bad, and Mingyu praised that the Gods were on their side today as he drove swiftly through the freeway with the soft hum of the radio playing in the background. Jisoo's gaze remained on the scenery displayed in front of him from the window, his gaze shifting ever so often towards the other people in the cars that passed them. Anything to distract his mind. He was mostly silently cursing Jeonghan for purchasing a ticket before the call and expecting him to come to Osaka last minute. To which he did, but that wasn't the point. He was wondering why the house was so quiet. They should've asked Wonwoo about Chan the moment he came home. Jisoo sighed, letting the faintest pout play on his pink lips. I'm gonna scold Chan when I see him, I swear. 

Jisoo wasn't even sure why Wonwoo and Mingyu were frantic once they got to the airport. Nudging Jisoo to go faster and to go through the airport procedures faster, which he couldn't, considering the other people trying to get through the procedures like him. He didn't bother questioning them aloud, but he did voice it mentally. Something along the lines of 'you both aren't even coming to Osaka with me, why are you rushing?' But he was quiet, only smiling stiffly or waving them off. Once the procedures were done and he was boarded onto the plane, he let out that sigh of relief he didn't realize he was holding. Sitting down in his seat, he relaxed against it immediately, slouching down. I have an hour and fifteen minutes before this lands. I can rest. 

With that, he shut his eyes as the plane began to take off no more than a few minutes later. 

Osaka was a bit too chilly for Jisoo's liking. 

Maybe it was because he wasn't wearing the proper attire, but he decided to neglect that entirely. He stood outside of the airport, rubbing his hands together to create what little warmth he was able to muster. "Where's Seungcheol?" he asked under his breath, stuffing his hands into his pocket, clenching his fingers into a loose fist. Leaning forward, he made sure not to get in any people's way and to take note of every car that was approaching. A persistent honk was heard, startling his thoughts as he looked forward, sighing in relief. "Seungcheol," he breathed out, walking towards the car, his luggage in tow.

A grin was fixated on Seungcheol's lips, almost sheepish as he quickly walked out of the car, opening the passenger's door for Jisoo and grabbing his luggage after, placing it in the trunk, "Sorry about that, Jisoo," he paused, "It was kind of a big surprise for both of us, so.." he trailed off.

Sighing, Jisoo shook his head, "It's all good, Cheol." with that, he got in the passenger's seat, closing the door behind him.

Seungcheol got into the driver's seat moments later, buckling in his seatbelt, "The drive isn't that long but I'll be sure to get there as fast as I can!"

"Take your time -- let's not get into any accidents."

"Accidents? Me? I would never!" and they both jolted forward once the car behind him let him through.

/

"Chan."

It had been hours since Jisoo finally got to the hotel, and he couldn't even remember what happened. He was in the hotel room, sleepily waving at Chan and Jeonghan before crashing onto the bed, that he was sure was Jeonghan's, but he was too tired to care. None of them bothered to wake him up either. By the time he had come to, Jeonghan was gone and it was mid afternoon. His hair stuck to his face, the static from the pillows making the ends of his hair go astray. He ran his fingers through his hair, smoothing it down before he got out of bed and clumsily made his way out to the bathroom to clean up once more. Once he was finished, he exited, feeling much more awake before he spotted Chan on the ground, reading his book. 

"Yes, Mr. Hong?" The child looked up at his teacher, eyes sparkling and grin wide, despite the scolding demeanor Jisoo had. Though, he could feel it slowly falling apart as the younger edged closer, small hands grasping onto the hem of his shirt, tugging it gently before wrapping his arms around his leg. "I missed you!" he chirped, words muffled against his denim jeans, feeling his hot breath seep through.

Jisoo let out a long breath before crouching down to his height, offering him a smile of his own. "I missed you too, Chan." his nimble fingers shifted upwards, running through the soft tresses of his hair, letting it tangle within his fingers, "But you can't pull another stunt like this again." he scolded, head tilted downwards, his chocolate brown hues gazing at him warningly, watching him shrink beneath his gaze. 

"I knew you were mad." Chan stifled a whine, a pout playing on his pink lips as he furrowed his eyebrows, clearly disheartened by the other's words. "I'm sorry.." 

"Chan -- if you thought we weren't gonna get mad about this, then I'm quite surprised." Jisoo murmured, letting his hand move down to squeeze his shoulder, "We want you to be safe and you know it'd be difficult on your dad if you went to his business trips. I appreciate your apology and I hope you apologized to him too. But, we can't let you off this easily. We'll decide on something when we get back to Seoul, okay?"

".. Okay." he mumbled, taking a few steps forward, wrapping his arms around Jisoo's neck. "I really am sorry.. I'll apologize to papa." his words were muffled against his neck, clutching at his shirt from behind.

"I know you are," Jisoo wrapped his arms around Chan, picking him up, "Your dad called before I came here and made plans." he glanced at the clock, clicking his tongue. "His meeting should be done sometime soon so we're gonna have lunch with him. Are you okay with that?" Chan pulled away slightly and nodded enthusiastically, another smile gracing the teacher's features as he chuckled lightly, "Okay, Cheol was updated when your dad called so let's go see if he's waiting outside. So, if you have nothing to bring, then we can get going."

"I have nothing! Nothing at all!" he wheezed out excitedly, eyes bright once more, his own small hands squishing Jisoo's cheeks gently, giggling after, "I wanna see papa! Let's go!"

"Impatient," he mused, "That's the whole plan anyway, right?" grabbing the extra keycard off the nightstand, he gave Chan a small squeeze, smiling teasingly after, "We'll see your dad and have a fun time." he concluded with a nod of his head, opening the door and exiting swiftly, letting it shut behind him. 

By the time they went to pick up Jeonghan, he was already waiting outside of the building, arms crossed over his chest, and his gaze poised; unwavering. As soon as he got in the car, Chan was already screaming at Jeonghan, his voice echoing within the enclosed space of the car. Jeonghan quickly hushed him, one eyebrow quirked up before nodding at Jisoo. As Seungcheol drove around, they all were discussing on what to eat, minus Cheol who had to run errands for mysterious reasons that none of them could pry out of him. Jisoo and Jeonghan were indecisive, up until Chan perked up and said he wanted fries. The two grew silent before passively agreeing and that's how they ended up at Critter's Burgers. 

"So, I take it your flight went well?" Jeonghan asked out of the blue after they were seated and managed to order, even with Chan being conflicted about the menu since he couldn't read Japanes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter