VI

Catch Me, I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo woke up, terrified.

At first, it was peaceful; stretching out across the unusually, yet comfortable large bed, rubbing both of his sharp, feline-like eyes tiredly until he was content and looking around until his vision cleared respectively, letting the blotchy image turn into something comprehensible. 

And then he bolted up.

Jisoo didn't know where he was.

/

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"Who is this.. Oh — Mr. Hong?" his voice was low, the sound of paper shuffling was growing increasingly louder on the other line, "I'm busy right now, so if you need anything, make it quick, I have a meeting in a few minutes."

"Oh, if you're busy, then ne—"

"You've already went out of your way to call me and invest in the limited time I have. Spit it out; I don't have all day."

Jisoo gnawed on his bottom lip, teeth digging into the plump flesh as he rolled it between his teeth, feeling the pain beginning to blossom as he sighed heavily after, the soft wisp dragging out much longer than needed; leaving him to stand against the wall of his apartment room outside with a frown dancing on his pink lips. "I don't know how to put this.." he trailed off, "I just.. Maybe it was just pointless in calling you  — actually, I'm not even sure why I called you.." he inhaled deeply, eyes fluttering shut, "It's just.."

"Hong Jisoo." his statured voice ruined his already feeble thoughts, "You make it sound like you committed a murder, don't drag this out. ... If you did commit a murder, I have a tendency to not immerse myself in complicated matters, so if you need me, call me later th—"

"Wait, no, Mr. Yoon! I need something from you."

"... I'm listening."

"I.." the teacher trailed off, running his fingers through his soft tresses, letting it tangle amongst the strands, curling around his fingers, "Something happened at my place.."

"The small one?"

The latter refrained from rolling his eyes, biting down on his tongue before he conjured up a snarky reply, "Yes," he paused, "The small one, Mr. Yoon." he responded, exasperated, earning a soft indignant hum from the elder, "Anyway, something happened and one thing lead to another and seemingly, I can't stay at my place so.." he trailed off once more, hoping the CEO received his message clearly.

"And?"

"You're making this incredibly hard for me, Mr. Yoon."

"Just about as hard it was on New Year's, Mr. Hong."

Jisoo winced before sheepishly responding, "I need a place to stay."

".. Meet me at the cafe nearby your place."

"Don't you have a meeting, Mr. Yoon?" the younger stammered out, jumbling over his words, eyes widened at the sudden proposal.

"Seungcheol, hey, clear my schedule."

"Jeonghan, I'm literally going to kil—" the sound of a click thrummed lightly against his ear and the dial tone, signalling the call ended.

Before Jisoo thought about heading out, he packed up a few of his things into the suitcase, as well as grabbing his school bag that held his papers and of the likes before sliding back into the leather interior of his car, starting the ignition, and setting off; his luggage tucked neatly in the back while his bag sat pliantly on his passenger's seat. The teacher mentally cursed at how close the cafe was before he could gather his scattered thoughts that poked at him incessantly. He stayed in his parking spot once he got there, staring at the building that loomed over him, beckoning for him to come in. His gaze shifted over, noticing a car pull into the parking lot, finding a space quickly, and out Jeonghan came from the backseat and walked steadily into the cafe, glancing around before disappearing, leaving Jisoo's sight. With his forehead pressed against the wheel, he exhaled deeply, "You can do this, Hong Jisoo. Just don't.. Think about what happened and you'll be all good," his hand reached up, clasping gently around his keyring, turning his keys, and shutting the ignition off, "Yeah," he spoke with a much more confident lull, with a common verbiage that didn't seem to make him enthusiastic at all. Opening his car door, he stepped out, shutting the car door after and walking to the cafe door, his hand resting against the handle, "The worst thing he can do is say no and I have to find a different place. .. Or the streets." he left it at that, stepping in.

Already, it was a mess.

"Jeonghan, is this necessary?" Jisoo seethed, glaring at him through his bangs, watching as the CEO crossed his arms, staring at him blankly.

"Of course it is. Safety measures like always."

"You used to never make me do this anymore."

"Well, people are staring now. Would you like to be on the headlines? I'll even personally pick the photo they take of you and print that magazine out in a jiffy," he huffed out a response, rolling his eyes."Now, I'm not here to argue about my blazer and how it's covering you. What is it that you need?"

Jisoo mimicked out a huff of his own, hugging the blazer closer to him as it covered his head. His gaze was shifted away, hands tightening on the tan fabric, letting it hide his face as he spoke, broodingly, "I need a place to stay at."

"What about Jun and Minghao's?" The teacher sent him a look through the peeked crevice of the blazer, eyebrows raised, eyes tilted knowingly at him, a scornful pout on his lips as Jeonghan clicked his tongue, nodding his head, understanding immediately. "I have nothing against you staying at my home, but I just wanted to hear your other options."

"Hansol may be my cousin and his family is close to me, but I find that a bit awkward, and my family lives in America. In the given time this happened, I wouldn't be able to transfer back; besides, I would just be rere..re..re.." he paused, his chapped lips in thoughts, counting on his fingers, "re..transferred back into this education industry."

"That's a lot of retransfe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter