I

Catch Me, I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A knock. 

One knock. Two knocks. Three knocks. Urgent, careless.

A doorbell.

Constantly ringing through his large home. 

And all Jeonghan wanted to do after signing papers, leaving his company, and getting a ride from his driver was to sleep. He silently prayed for the disruption to possibly fade within the silent night air. That's what he thought when no noises was heard. Why aren't the security guards or maids informing me? Aren't some still here cleaning or - protecting? Whatever it was that they do. Another knock, never resting. His head throbbed. His slender fingers pushed into his blond locks, tugging lightly at the strands. Sitting up from the comfort of his bed, he pushed himself up, and left his room, unfortunately. Walking down the stairs and to the front door, he stopped in front of the screen that controlled the security camera outside of the door. But it was off. Hitting it a few times, he rolled his eyes. Another thing to fix tomorrow. There wasn't any peephole either so if it was a killer outside, Jeonghan just knew his name was going to be on the headlines or on online articles already. He could see it already. Big shot CEO, Yoon Jeonghan, murdered in his own home! Anything to get the gossip going. His fingers flicked the lock and eventually grasped the door knob, twisting it and pulling it open. Through the security screen, he looked around, forehead pressed against it, refraining him from peeking out any further. There was nothing. It was just the sweet abyss of night time, aside from the crickets chirping. Night singing. Suddenly, a small hand slammed against the security screen, causing a screech to rip from the back of Jeonghan's throat, ruining his manly facade he wanted to keep before he died. Considering the size of the hand, it was harmless. Well, hopefully. Unlocking the security screen, he pushed the door open, revealing a boy that was not even older than four years old. 

With furrowed eyebrows, he looked around, "What kind of parents would leave their kid here?" he mumbled, peeking his head out, "Uh," he cleared his throat, rubbing the nape of his neck, "Isn't it.. A bit too late to sell your boy scout cookies? It's like - midnight." the CEO scolded, exasperated even. "I mean, as much as I am neutral with your guys' whole.. Soliciting, it's pretty late. And it's dangerous to be out this late. Where are your pare-" he suddenly cut his lecture off, voice becoming gruff as he heard a sniffle. Then a choked sob. And eventually, whimpers. 

Then, he looked down. Gaze finally meeting the boy's teary eyes, his bottom lip that trembled pitifully. Despite Jeonghan's already cold heart, he could feel it quiver just a bit before halting entirely. He will not be swooned by this strange boy. "... Do you want me to buy your cookies that badly?" he spoke, entirely perplexed by the situation. 

"I-I have n-no co-cookies!" he whined out, small hands clenching into fists, stomping his foot defiantly as tears continued to roll down his round, pudgy cheeks, the tip of his button nose a soft, pink hue. His almond eyes staring at him, glaring at him, in almost.. annoyance?

"Then what are you doing here, kid?" Jeonghan groaned out, "I'm certain it's unsafe to be out here. Where are your parents?"

"... In front of me."

"... Excuse me?"

"In front of me!" he said loudly, at the end, his voice squeaking, lips pursed stubbornly now. 

Jeonghan gave him a quick look over. His raven hair was a mess, tousled. Eyes red from his tears, cheeks red, flushed, his tears continued to fall, pink, plump lips in a pout now, as he trembled from the cold. His hands were still clenched into fists, and he was incredibly small. "You've been mistaken. I don't have a kid." 

"Mama said." he narrowed his eyes accusingly, "Mama doesn't lie like papa."

First, the kid said he was his son, and now he was being accused of being a liar. The audacity of this kid. It's possible to slam this door shut without feeling guilty, right? "I'm certain she's lyi-" despite this being his home, he saw the lights of his neighbors coming on, some leaving their home to check on the ruckus that this kid was creating. The way he suddenly began to cry, flailing his arms in a matter of seconds, and screeching. He was putting on a show. On purpose. Hissing, the elder grabbed the hook of his backpack, and dragged him inside, despite the child stumbling on his two, small legs. But Jeonghan did not miss that smug smirk on his face.

The child leaned against the wall, arms crossed. Jeonghan glowered down at him as he shut and locked the door. There goes his night to rest. The two stared each other down, waiting til' the other spoke. Jeonghan was trying to piece his words together. His kid? Absolutely not. What a lie. It was impossible. He doesn't recall ever fooling around. He was basically married to his job. But considering the age of the kid as well as taking in the consideration of how long it's been since he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter