Companion

On The Other Side

A/N: Double update, yay! Warning, contains a bit of mature content. Just a little bit...

 

 

 

It started with an argument about God knows what. Yuri couldn’t remember what it was all about anymore. It was something petty that was for sure. It was how their arguments always started. One of them would start attacking the other’s opinion. Their voices would take on a clipped tone as they tried to get one up the other. Soon enough their voices would raise, topics from previous arguments would be added to the mix and escalate their disagreement. Jessica would then start telling her off and try to storm away. By her contract, Yuri couldn’t simply leave her like that and she would follow, which usually seem to add fuel to the fire.

 

Yuri did try to pull back her temper. She wasn’t one to lose her cool easily, but the evil witch irked her to no end. She was beginning to believe that the witch finds it amusing to see her turn red from anger, but she wasn’t one with a cool head either.

 

They made their way to Jessica’s apartment. Yuri was only supposed to make sure she was safely behind her doors. She could make a ruckus, break everything she owned, cursed Yuri to high heavens and Yuri wouldn’t care. It was only supposed to take about five minutes to walk her to her room and walk right back out of the building.

 

After that, Yuri could have run to the closet park and let her frustration out with a good long run. If that didn’t work she had the option of singing and dancing her heart out at the closest karaoke spot the rest of the evening. Maybe even take that fruitcake of an elf with her. She likes fun. Then again, that fruitcake would probably find a way to ruin it for her.

 

When they got to the door Jessica was still pitching her argument, her hands were animatedly thrown in the air, her keys nowhere to be seen. Yuri rolled her eyes, snatching Jessica’s purse from her flailing arms. She managed to wrestle it from her while blocking a flurry of angry slaps. Her keys weren’t hard to find. They were the only things glinting in the messy bag. Yuri pulled Jessica aside, easily fitting the apartment key into the keyhole. A twist of her wrist and she would be over with Jessica’s abuse.

 

At this point, Jessica was red faced furious. She pushed Yuri by her chest, sending the shifter staggering back as she began to full out yell at her. Yuri’s wide-eyed shock didn’t last too long. She yelled back, her temper finally getting the better of her. Jessica met her yells with equally loud shrills. She reached up to jab a finger against Yuri’s shoulder. Yuri swatted her probing finger off her, feeling her face swelling from all the yelling. She slammed a hand against Jessica’s door, the witch didn’t even flinch.

 

They were face to face, noses nearly brushing, still glaring at each other as they breathed roughly.

 

And then Jessica made a grab at her collar. Yuri reached up, curling her hands over Jessica’s, ready to tear them off her when she felt Jessica’s lips pressed against hers.

 

She pulled back in surprise, her raging temper disappearing as quickly as it had come. She stared at Jessica’s scowl, one hand going up to her lips.

 

When it looked like Jessica was going to turn and retreat to her apartment Yuri grabbed her by her shoulder, turning her back to face her and pushing her back to the door. Jessica’s scowl only deepened. Before she could start another round of yelling Yuri pressed her lips to hers, pushing her body against Jessica’s, sandwiching Jessica between her and the door.

 

Yuri’s body churned to life, her insides feeling like a thousand fluttering butterflies fighting to get loose. Electricity shot through her bones, setting her skin on fire, yet nothing really hurt her. In fact, everything felt so good. Her mind blanked, only conscious of the heated kiss and the body she was pressing against when she heard a familiar voice. No, she couldn’t have really heard it with her ears, it sounded so faint like it was from another room. But there was no doubt that it was Jessica’s voice, and it was asking her for more. Whispering things Yuri would never have thought would ever leave the evil witch’s mouth. It was thrilling.

 

The fire in her body increased. She had her hands roaming about Jessica’s clothed torso, with the witch clutching her head, refusing to let her pull away as their kiss deepened. It was sloppy, but neither really cared for that at the moment. And somehow, despite the light-headedness that was quickly taking over the werewolf’s mind, Yuri managed to unlock the door and the two stumbled into the dark corridor.

 

 

 

 

 

She huddled to the farthest corner of the bed, pulling her knees up in an attempt to hide her bare body. Not that it mattered, there was no one watching her, and the only person present was curled on the other side of the bed, blissfully unaware of the anxiety overcoming the werewolf’s mind.

 

It wasn’t like there wasn’t any place on her body that the witch hadn’t touched or… Yuri furiously shook the thought from her mind. There were still places on her body that tingled from their activity. She shut her eyes, tried to calm her breathing. She stopped on her first deep breath, shooting off the bed and made a mad scramble for the bathroom. The musky scent of their activity was still present, still so fresh.

 

“What did I do? This can’t be happening. What should I do now?” Her gut dipped with every question falling from her lips. She went to the sink, splashing cold water on her heated face. She looked up to the mirror, her lips twitching at the sight of three angry bite marks scattered around her neck. Had she bitten back? She turned a curious eye to the closed door.

 

“Oh God.” She muttered, staggering back to the toilet bowl. It made a loud clanking sound as she fell on top of it and she stilled, straining her ears to hear any reaction out of the slumbering witch. She relaxed after a few minutes of silence, deflating back onto the cold ceramic.

 

She reached to rub at the bite marks, wincing when she brushed against one with a particularly nasty bruise. Looking down at the rest of her body she found a couple more bites and scratch marks. Jessica had definitely done a number on her, some of her aggression showing even when they were in the throes of-

 

Yuri slapped a hand to her head, halting her train of thought. She had to stop thinking of it. Of what they had done. It was making something in her churn, and Yuri was afraid it wasn’t making her want to head for the hills. It was doing the exact opposite.

 

“Okay. Okay Yuri.” She slapped both sides of her face. “Think of something else. Something… nice? Innocent.” She nibbled her lower lip and pressed a fist against her upper lip.

 

Puppies. A lot of puppies. Normal, run of the mill, fluffy puppies, and darling little kittens, lumbering around a grassy field of daisies, beautiful yellow tulips, and carnations. Little cuddly puppies and kittens enjoying the day under a few white cotton candy clouds lazily gliding past the otherwise bright blue expanse. Puppies tripping over each other, yipping in their high pitched puppy way...

 

A thud on the door startled Yuri. She made a scramble for the door, pushing her weight against it in case Jessica decided to push in.

 

“Shut the hell up in there.” Came the muffled growl.

 

“I didn’t even say anything.” Yuri feebly responded. She had her hand against the entire time, what noise could she possibly make.

 

“My . If I hear you say another thing about puppies.”

 

“I didn’t say anything.” Yuri returned, puzzled at the accusation. She had thought of it. Little puppies and kittens in the meadow.

 

Another thud. “I can still hear you.”

 

“I’m not saying-!” Yuri stopped in her tracks.

 

She clawed at the doorknob, swinging the door open the moment she turned the knob. Jessica groaned at the light shining at her eyes, turning her back to the bathroom door.

 

“Jessica, I need you to reply to all my questions, okay?”

 

“ off.” Jessica flipped the bird at Yuri, still with her back turned.

 

“Jessica.” Yuri growled lowly. She strode hastily across the short distance to the bed, plopping on the side she had vacated. “What is your name?”

 

“You’re an idiot.”

 

“What’s your name, Jessica? The quicker you answer the quicker I’ll stop asking.”

 

“Jessica Jung.” She answered with a sigh, her back still to Yuri.

 

“Good. Where are we right now?”

 

“My apartment, that you should have left an hour ago.”

 

“What’s your favourite colour?” Yuri continued, ignoring the slight twinge in her chest at Jessica’s crass words.

 

“This is stupid.” She groaned, pushing her blanket aside to climb off her bed.

 

What are you?

 

“You and I both know what I am. Seriously, are you going to be this annoying for the next month? I might as well cancel the contract. You’re more annoying than I thought.” She shook her head, grabbing the closest discarded shirt off the floor to wear.

 

She turned to Yuri, dropping her gaze soon after when she realised her state of undress. “Jesus, could you at least wear something. You’re showing everything you know.” The second part comes out as a low whisper, her cheeks reddening at what she had seen. Not that she should feel embarrassed after what they had just done earlier. She shook her head, pushing the thought to the farthest corner of her mind.

 

She bent her head down, taking a quick sniff of the shirt. “Is this your shirt? I thought it was loose. Whatever. Grab a shirt you like in my closet if you want to, I’m not going to take this shirt off until I take a bath.”

 

Jessica continued picking the clothes off the floor, tossing Yuri’s back to her while making her way to the bathroom with the rest of her clothes, unmindful of the stare following after her.

 

Once the door to the bathroom closed, Yuri slumped to the bed sideways. She took a deep inhale of the lingering scent off the bed, feeling her insides turn mushy.

 

“My lifelong companion, huh?” she mussed, focusing on the brand new link in her mind. She could hear Jessica’s jumble of thoughts crashing to her at once, feel the denial Jessica was slowly putting up against her. She grinned wryly.

 

The Elders are going to throw a fit at this information. A werewolf and a witch that always buts head. What a laughable pair they would be.

 

She lifted her head, waiting for Jessica’s loud scoffing at her thought. With the multitude of thoughts pushing through the link, and the muffled sound of rushing water, she doubts Jessica had even heard hers.

 

She put on her clothes, chose a dark, graphic shirt from the closet, and stuck on her shoes.

 

“I’ll be going now.” She announced.

 

“Whatever.” was the muffled reply.

 

‘Don’t die in a ditch, stupid werewolf.’ Came the following thought that had Yuri grinning.

 

Edit: Hey, I updated this story back to back with trust. If you haven't read it yet go click the previous page. I thought the interaction between the two was funny. With friends like these who needs enemies, right?