The World In A Million Different Colours

You Are My Sunshine

(Make sure you have read the previous two chapters, since I uploaded them all at once) 

 

Taos life was rather bland, each day started and finished in the exact same way; he would wake up, head to his bland office job and then come home and sleep. There was nothing to break the chain, nothing to make his life worth living.

 

The one thing he relied on was one day finding his soulmate, his parents had told him about it when he was younger and he loved the idea of it, having someone who you belonged with was Taos dream. But he had had no such luck in finding said soulmate yet and so he was somewhat down.

 

He had moved from China to Korea a few years earlier and he so he didn't even have the company of his parents. He had decided to move, believing a fresh start would make his life more exciting and for a few months it had been, then the excitement wore off and days blended into each other. Tao felt as though he was drifting through life with no purpose.

 

He wanted to believe that he would meet his soulmate, it was the only thing stopping him from giving up, he didn't know what he would do if he didn't find him soon.

 

It was another day, the same routine, and he had just boarded the bus on his way to work, like usual it was packed and he was forced to stand. With a bored face he stared out the window observing cars and their inhabitants. The bus pulled up at a set of lights and they were level with a fancy sports car, one that Tao could only dream of having.

 

The male in the driving seat had a similarly bored expression as he regarded the bus, and then it happened, Tao had turned slightly feeling an inexplicable need to see the driver and he saw the purple flash through the strangers eyes. He gasped as he realised and a smile spread on his face, the stranger doing the same.

 

Tao felt as though his world had burst into colour for the first time in his life, he had never felt so alive.

 

The bus started to move forward and Tao tried to get to the window so he could see the stranger again. Unfortunately the bus was packed and Tao only caught a glimpse of the car before the bus turned around a corner. Tao cursed inwardly, he had finally found his soulmate and now they had been separated, without even having the chance to properly meet.

 

~

 

It had been a week since that fateful day and Tao was beginning to lose hope, he had tried desperately to find his soulmate and he just couldn't. He wondered if the other was looking for him. His world had started to turn grey again and he longed for those bursts of colour.

 

That night his colleagues had invited him to some festival and he figured he would go, he didn't have anything better to do and trying to find his soulmate was becoming increasingly frustrating.

 

He took a taxi to the park and entered the grounds, he strolled along the pathway breathing in the scents of nature, he hadn't reached the large groups of people yet and it was relaxing to stroll through the field.

 

He approached the crowd of people and he sighed as he heard the increase in volume, it just served to remind him of that day on the busy bus. He shook his head in an attempt to get rid of the thoughts.

 

He headed towards the crowd and caught sight of a group of else not people gathered round a person who looked like a concerned mother. Tao scanned his eyes over the group and froze as it landed on the back of a certain head. He felt his heart speed up and he knew it was him. His soulmate. He didn't know how he knew, but he was sure of it.

 

He went to call his soulmate and realised he didn't know his name and so he did the next best thing, "Hey you," he shouted. The figure turned in shock and they made eye contact, Tao felt a rush of emotions and ran towards his soulmate.

 

He jumped towards the taller who caught him and they both wrapped their hands around each other, not wanting to let go. "I thought I would never see you again" his soulmate whispered. Tao felt joy run through him, "Me either, but I'm here now and I don't plan on leaving." He replied and he felt his soulmate hug him tighter.

 

~

 

It took a full two minutes of hugging before someone cleared their throat, Tao jolted and slid off of his soulmate. He connected his hands and turned to the group that was watching them in mild shock.

 

"Oh my gosh, is that you Tao?!" A voice shrilled before anyone could make a comment. Tao looked at the source and squealed in happiness he ran towards the owner and grabbed them into a hug.

 

He pulled back to study the other male, "Oh Luhan it's been years." He greeted, excited at having met his childhood friend. They hadn't really spoken since Tao moved to Korea but it was so nice to see the other.

 

After the surprise of seeing his childhood friend wore off, Tao turned back to his soulmate and stuck a hand out which the other took, "I'm Zitao your soulmate, but call me Tao.".

 

His soulmate smiled warmly at him, "I'm Kris, your soulmate.".

 

The others in the group cooed at how cute the two were and Tao assumed from the look of embarrassment on Kris' face, that it wasn't too often he was labelled as cute.

 

The group decided to take a look around the festival and Tao was able to meet the rest of the group who he now knew as Kris' brothers and their soulmates. He thought Luhan looked very adorable with his soulmate and he was glad Sehun seemed nice.

 

Junmyeon made Tao laugh, his first impression was correct, the brother was definitely like a mother. Junmyeon had told Tao that Kris was a very quiet and reserved person but he was the nicest and most thoughtful person and Tao smiled at his words. Throughout the evening, Kris had been next to Tao, never really saying much, Tao didn't mind this, he felt reassured simply by the others presence.

 

It had gotten late and the group decided to head back to their house, Tao was unsure of what to do and fortunately Junmyeon had told him to come with them and Tao happily agreed.

 

~

 

When they reached the cars, the group made a unanimous decision to let Tao and Kris ride together which Kris silently thanked them for. He hadn't said much to Tao that evening, he wasn't used to speaking a lot and so he spent the time studying his soulmates face.

 

The drive to house was also silent, Kyungsoo and Jongin had joined their car but they had drifted off to sleep, leaning against each other. Not wanting to disturb them, Kris and Tao both remained silent.

 

The group reached the house and they all bid each other good night, Kris grabbed Taos hand and pulled him towards his bedroom. They reached the room and Kris directed them to sit on his bed.

 

He looked at Tao with a sheepish expression, "I'm sorry, I don't really know how to be social.".

 

Tao let out a laugh at his words, "I think that was rather clear, but it doesn't matter, I'm sure I can talk enough for both of us.".

 

They spent the next hour talking to each other, properly introducing themselves, Kris learnt a lot about Tao and realised how similar they were, both of them had been waiting for the day they could finally meet their soulmate, it seemed surreal that it had happened.

 

Kris brought a hand up to Taos face and caressed it, Tao stuttered mid-speech and turned a light pink, he stopped talking and looked into Kris' eyes, meeting his intense expression. "You're so beautiful." Kris stated and Taos blush deepened, "A-Ah well you're beautiful too- I mean no you're handsome." Tao shook his head and put them in his hands causing Kris to chuckle. 

 

Kris ruffled a hand through Taos hair, "Don't be embarrassed," he added, Tao shook his head again and with a voice muffled by his hands replied "I'm just not used to dealing with people saying things like that.".

 

"I think I'd be more worried if you were used to it." Kris said, feeling somewhat jealous that someone would call his soulmate beautiful. Tao laughed, it was such a beautiful sound, "You can't be jealous of something that hasn't even happened.".

 

Kris looked at Tao, who was peeking from behind his hands, he decided to tease the younger for laughing at him. With a frown he rolled over on the bed so that his back was facing Tao, "I guess I was just sad that someone would do that.", he suppressed a smile as he heard Tao fussing behind him.

 

He felt Taos hands on his arm trying to turn him over, "No, no I didn't mean it that way, I thought it was cute, I promise.", at the sound of Taos worried tone, Kris gave in and rolled over, he pulled the other down so that they were lay facing each other and sent Tao a grin. Kris felt Taos annoyance, and Tao slapped Kris' shoulder lightly, "Don't do that, I thought you were really upset then." Tao complained with a pout.

 

Kris moved forward and rubbed their noses together, making Tao smile again, "How could I ever be upset with the cutest and most wonderful soulmate in the world?". Tao blushed at Kris' words and Kris thought it was unbelievably cute and he pulled Tao closer so that he could wrap his arms around his soulmate.

 

~

 

A week later and the two were becoming closer as the days passed, Tao was often told by Kris' brothers that this was the first time in years that Kris had started to come out of his shell and Tao was glad that he had been the reason for that. He had complained a lot about his job and how he wished he could leave, each time Kris had a thoughtful expression on his face. No matter how many times Tao asked what he was thinking about, Kris would just shake his head and tell him it was nothing.

 

He was getting ready for work that day, he had practically moved to Kris' house by now, and Kris stopped him as he was about to leave the room. Tao sent him a questioning glance, "I've been talking with my brothers and I know you don't particularly like your job, so I was wondering if you would like to move to the company." Kris stated, pretty much in a single breath. 

 

Tao couldn't quite believe what he had heard, "W-what?" He stuttered as the words began to register.

 

Kris' face began to fall and a sad feeling floated through Tao, "Well, we have an opening for a secretary, the pays pretty good and I was just wondering if you wanted it.", his voice was uneasy and Tao felt bad but he was trying to set his thoughts in order. After a full minute he properly considered his options and a bright smile fixed itself on his face, "You would want that?" He asked and Kris seemed to sign in relief.

 

"Of course I would, it would be amazing to be with you everyday,  it only if you want to." Kris replied. "This is amazing, I could literally kiss you right now.", as the words left Taos mouth, he realised what he said and froze, his cheeks starting to turn pink. Kris had a wry smile on his face, "Well what's stopping you?" He challenged.

 

Tao still stood frozen, he couldn't believe he had said that. Kris noticed his state and chuckled, "Well if you won't do it, then maybe I'll have to do it for you.". 

 

Kris slipped his hands on to either side of Taos face and quickly sealed their lips. Taos mind was going into overdrive at the action, but the soft feeling of Kris' lips calmed him down and his eyes fluttered closed. The two stayed that was for what felt like an eternity, taking in each other and feeling each other's emotions.

 

~

 

(A few months later)

 

Kris was surprised at how well Tao adjusted to his new role, he had a strong, no nonsense personality and Kris loved it. Tao was Kris' private secretary and although he had one before Tao, Tao was a far more effective one. Tao helped to provide Kris with a more stable work day; he usually just went along with whatever Chanyeol was doing, but now he had his own itinerary and it just made his life so much easier.

 

It also made him feel better to know his soulmate was so close.

 

They had just finished up a meeting and him and Chanyeol were collecting the papers that were strewn across the desk, whilst Tao was showing the guests out. "You seem a lot happier these days," Chanyeol noted.

 

Kris sat against the desk and sighed happily, "I guess I am, who knew having a soulmate would do this.".

 

Chanyeol grinned, "Junmyeon is practically over the moon seeing you all social again.". Kris laughed, Junmyeon was certainly enthusiastic over Kris' sudden turn in personality.

 

Before Tao, Kris had felt like he was out of place and never wanted to come out of his shell. Since he had met his soulmate, it was like the world opened up and he didn't want to be reserved and quiet any more. He made sure to talk to his brothers and their soulmates more and he found out so much about everyone, I was amazing to see how close everyone was and Kris was glad that he could now be a part of that.

 

A knock sounded against the door and then it opened slightly and Tao popped his head around the door, "Time for lunch?" He asked and Chanyeol grinned,"Finally." and with a smile to the two he jogged out the room, most likely in search of food.

 

Kris sent Tao a warm smile and Tao slid into the room and came up to Kris, who was still sat on the table. Kris pulled Tao into an embrace and he felt Tao relax against his body. "Thankyou so much." He told Tao. Tao let out a laugh, "All I did was show the guests the door, it's not exactly difficult.".

 

Kris laughed, "For that as well, but no I want to say thankyou for you being you. You have been so amazing and supportive and I couldn't ask for anymore, you do everything before I ask and it's wonderful to have someone know what I want before I even know it myself. I love you Tao." He told his soulmate.

 

Tao moved back so he could face Kris, a smile full of adoration and love on his face, "I love you too Kris, you have been so amazing as well, giving me such a great opportunity where we can be together more and let's face it, if you didn't have my superior secretary skills, you'd be lost.". The two laughed at Taos words because they both knew it was true, Tao was an invaluable person in the company.

 

"Come on then, lets go get some food before Chanyeol takes it all.", Kris let Tao pull him along and was in awe of his soulmates perfection. Tao was like a light that gave Kris' world a vibrancy that Kris had never seen before. It was as if he had only ever seen the world in different shades of grey and now he could see millions of new colours, all originating from Tao. Tao was so important to him and Kris really would be lost without him.

 

 

 

And so the couples end! Give a minute whilst I cry because I love this story so much. I am so glad I'm not finishing it here and to be honest these extra chapters are for me just as much as you. I really like Taoris in this story, they are really adorable with Tao being all confident and coaxing Kris out of his shell.

 

I was thinking of using BTS for some of the extra chapters (you might be able to guess what I'm gonna do) so what do you guys think about it. 

 

Now I'm finished with the main story, I will be marking the story as complete, but don't worry I will still update regularly (most likely not everyday like now), as I write chapters and get ideas, so if anyone has any requests please comment them because I would love to hear all your ideas and it really helps me to write.

 

The extra chapters will vary in length, like the wedding chapter will probably be pretty long, but I have a few ideas for short chapters, that are cute but won't make a long chapter.

 

Anyway, thankyou so much for reading this story (it's like my child) and I can't wait to start writing these extra chapters, so I will see you all soon :)