You Have Worked Hard

NaPink's Daily Life

A/N: Produce 101 with a twist! HAHAHAHA I watched produce 101 season 1 during the start of my holiday and had this fanfic saved in my laptop for quite some time and left it hanging. I have decided to continue and update it. I love the moments shown on the show for some the pairings like MinkYebin, DoDaeng and esp Catchae HAHAHAHA There isn't much NaPink moments so I have decided to write a one-shot of them when it was off-filming. I have already written one for CatChae HAHAHA! If you guys are interested, here is the link: I Will Take Care of You. Note that the story is not edited so there will be some mistakes here and there.

----
Being a leader is really burdensome to Kyulkyung. She liked how Nayoung leads the Pledis girlz and even the Ah team in the 1st mission of Produce 101. She wanted to be as capable as Nayoung hence she had voted herself as the leader of her Full Moon team.

It was Kyulkyung's first time being a leader, it really worried Nayoung a lot. Luckily, both of them chose dance concept and they were in the same training class for some of the days and she still managed to see a glimpse of the younger. Competing on this show had been tiring for them. They had to wake up early to film, to be up the entire day to dance and have to stay up late to practise. Both of them are waiting for the day where they can go back to their company. They sure miss the other Pledis girlz though they have met many trainees from other companies, they still prefer the familiar faces.

The scary dance trainer, Bae Yoonjung, was definitely targeting Kyulkyung with her words, "the entire dance is a mess. How can you even call yourself a leader when you can't even organise your members?" Anyone could tell that Kyulkyung was affected by the trainer's words. Her face had become darker, beads of perspiration started to form and tears were starting to form. Also, anyone could even see Kyulkyung shivering from the harsh words. Nayoung knew the kid for a long time since their trainee days back in Pledis. She knew that the girl was prideful and the criticism towards her in front of so many other trainees defintely hurt her. Seeing the grim look on the younger, Nayoung wanted to just hug Kyulkyung and let the latter cry all she wants.

Looking at how the other trainer is looking all stressed out, Kahi requested for a 30 minutes break and with that, filming ended. Instructor Bae left with Kahi while the girls were in the practice room. Nayoung grabbed onto Kyulkyung’s left hand, once their fingers entangled, she signalled to Chaeyeon and Sohye to not disturb them while she dragged her fellow Pledis Girlz member to the other end of the practice room to have their own privacy.

Nayoung looked straight into Kyulkyung’s eyes and comforted her, "hey, don't be too bothered by what she said. I can tell that you have been doing a good job so far to lead the other 2 members. Don't get too stressed up. I know that you can do it.”

Kyulkyung was so emotional that she hugged Nayoung. Her arms were around the older’s neck, her eyes laid on Nayoung’s shoulders and she just let everything go, her emotions and tears. The older girl did not mind that the girl was getting her shirt wet, all she wanted was Kyulkyung to feel better. Nayoung just chanted into the girl’s ear as she soothed her down by her long locks, “relax”. Though her hair was slightly wet due to the light sweating from the dance practice, she continued threading through her locks anyways since it was one of the ways to calm the Chinese girl down. After the girl had stopped sobbing, she held onto the smaller girl’s shoulder, pulled her away and looked at her face again. Kyulkyung looked like a mess but she still loves the girl no matter what. Not as a sister, not as a friend but a person who she has romantic feelings for. She really liked the girl when she first came into the company. She remembered how nervous she was but her usual stone expression would cover everything up until a certain bright and bubbly girl approached her and crumbled down her fortress. She thought that the girl was interesting and different from her other friends, maybe because she is younger than her but after a while she realised that she loves Joo Kyulkyung so much that she even hid her feelings for Kyulkyung and didn’t mind being her guardian angel. Nayoung used her thumb to wipe the remaining tears from the younger’s beautiful face.

The younger didn’t want the crews and the other trainees to see her in this state and pulled Nayoung to a secluded area of the building. After making sure that no one was there, she hugged Nayoung even tighter. She really missed the warmth from the older ever since they were in the show. It was terrible. The life here was so much worse as compared to being a Pledis trainee. The harsh words from the instructors, the competition against more than 100 trainees, the insane hours of being up and about and being away from her Pledis family and her Stone leader, she just broke down and confessed everything, “unnie, I am tired of everything. I just want to quit right now. How can you even be a leader without being stressed out?” The younger even exhaled deeply.

“You are always ranked within the top 11. You shouldn’t quit now, it wouldn't do you any good. Besides, you get to debut and help to promote Pledis Girlz. As long as I have everyone with me, learning and being happy with one another, I have no regrets being a leader. Don’t worry too much. As long as you know that you did your best, there shouldn’t be any worries at all,” the older replied and patted the girl’s head.

Kyulkung hummed in Nayoung’s response. She always loves to listen to Nayoung’s words. Maybe because she is older than her and her words were full of wisdom. She is definitely the older sister she would find when she needed advice from. Sometimes, Kyulkyung would feel apologetic to Nayoung ever since Eunwoo joined the company. She had neglected Nayoung ever since the addition of her beagle best friend and knew what is jealousy when Minkyung joined the company. Ever since Minkyung joined them, she had seen her unnie hanging out with the sub-leader even though the former hates to go out of the dorm. The oldest even agreed to join the show just because the tallest unnie convinced the stone leader to join. Looking at how the two oldest members were always out for their ramen date made her heart feel weird. Whenever Nayoung was back in the dorm with Minkyung, she immediately went to hug the 2nd tallest and did not let go until she felt like it. She thought she missed the older so much but according to her best friend and 98 liner gang, they concluded that she was in love with Nayoung. She didn’t know how the older felt towards her and was rather worried to confess since the leader treated everyone the same. She even got a little jealous after seeing how close Nayoung was with an independent trainee, Kang Siwon. They are even working together for the second time. Sometimes, looking at them would distract her from her practice. Looking at how Nayoung showed her sisterly love for her in front of the crews and trainees just made her think that Nayoung treated her somewhat different... or maybe a little special.

“Thanks unnie,” the shorter girl held on the taller girl’s hands and looked into her eyes while thanking her from the bottom of her heart and not forgetting to give the sweetest smile to someone who had stuck with her through thick and thin.

Nayoung's heart definitely skipped at beat from that smile. In response to that, Nayoung patted on Kyulkyung’s right shoulder. She was glad that the younger girl in front of her is fine. However, her mommy mode will never ever switch off, “you have worked hard. Promise me that you will not stress yourself further for this.”

The shorter girl nodded and let her true feelings roll off her tongue, “saranghaeyo.”

“Nado saranghae. Let’s go. We better not incur the wrath of instructor Bae,” the older held onto the younger’s hand and brought her back to the practice room. Both of them did not want to let go of each other’s hands but the precious memory from just now will always be etched onto their minds forever.