Chapter 2

The Heir Met A Thief

“Where’s Hoya?”

 

The head of Infinity Free Souls asked curiously after doing headcount along the roadside. It was dawn and a black van was parked ahead waiting for them.

 

“He doesn’t want to go,” Woohyun answered with a heavy sigh. He was slightly disappointed over the absence of his best friend for this mission.

 

He could still recall the night before when Howon was warning him. “I’ve heard about Kim Corporate when I was young. The Chairman is an inhumane man.” He paused to look around, Jungyeop doesn’t like when they talked about their past as he wanted them to forget about the bad memories. “I remembered that he fired my father straightaway merely because he made a minor mistake in his marketing report and soon after my family faced bankruptcy. Therefore, I promised myself to never ever step into that company. I’m not worried about the others for tomorrow’s mission since they have been undergoing the training with me.” He turned to face Woohyun. “Instead, I’m very worried about you, especially when I’m not by your side. You must stay alert at all times and take care of yourself alright?”

 

Howon Woohyun’s back tenderly and the latter slapped his arm away with a groan, “Yah, don’t treat me like a weak girl! I’m a man and I’m strong enough to protect myself!” This earned a chuckle from Howon. “Naeee my Hyunnie has grown up~” He patted his head teasingly.

 

“Hoya, you can rest assured. I’ll take good care of the members.” Sungyeol guaranteed with a smile, which Howon returned immediately.

 

They must address one another with their nicknames to prevent any eavesdroppers from finding out their identities. This was another rule set by Jungyeop.

 

“Alright then let’s go!” The voice snapped Woohyun out of his thoughts. Blood rushed through his veins frantically and he instantly felt alive.

 

They headed into the van and set off to their destination; Kim Corporate. On the way there, Jungyeop briefed them on what they should do while Geonam drove the car.

 

“I’ll allocate the roles to you guys now. Joon and Seob, you’re in charge of the Chairman’s youngest son, Kim Myungsoo-ssi. Jun will be responsible for Kim Corporate’s Vice President, Kim Jonghyun-ssi. For the Chairman, Kim Taehyun-ssi, he’ll be handed over to Dong and Kwang. Yeol and Seung are in control of the CCTV. As for Hyun, you’ll be in charge of the Chairman’s eldest son’s secretary, Jang Dongwoo-ssi.” Woohyun scrunched his eyebrows at the arrangement. “Study the map well kids, I don’t want you guys to get lost in the company and you should know it’s game over once you’re caught. Make sure to always wear your mask and gloves, put on your bluetooth headset for my announcement and update me regarding your whereabouts.” He passed them the required items.

 

“Old man, why did you forgo the Chairman’s eldest son?” Woohyun asked curiously. He already had an image embedded in his mind of 1 million lying in the safe box when he broke open it and he expected Jungyeop to assign him to his office. “Yeah, I bet that heir has a pile of money in his office!” Doojoon added.

 

“I know what you all are thinking. I’ve studied Kim Corporate before establishing this mission. The Chairman’s eldest son is always the first to arrive in the office. You may feel that I’m paranoid, but it’s better to proceed with great caution.” The members; Doojoon, Yoseob, Junhyung, Dongwoon, Gikwang, Sungyeol and Hyunseung nodded obediently except for Woohyun. There was still a feeling of dissatisfaction inside him.

 

It was a 3 hours journey from their hideout to Kim Corporate.

 

“Children, we have arrived. As usual, I’ll patrol the main entrance to look out for any possible danger, but it doesn’t mean that you can let your guard down in the office. Right now, it’s still an hour away before the office working time. To be safer, I want you guys to report here immediately within 30 minutes and leave no trace behind. The mission begins!”

 

The members scrambled out of the vehicle and walked stealthily to Kim Corporate. It was still early and the streets were empty. Junhyung became an expert in picking all types of locks under the training of Jungyeop and he easily unlocked the main door. They stepped into the office and moved carefully to different locations.

 

Sungyeol sped to the security and CCTV control rooms and hacked the system skilfully. Hyunseung managed to shut down all the CCTV operations and erase off the evidence of their trespass. They were in charge of IT and this was nothing to them. “Yeollie and Seung checked!” Sungyeol announced through the headset with a wide grin and gave a high five to Hyunseung.

 

Woohyun reached the second highest level of the building by stairs since the lift wasn’t operating yet. He was panting and sweating due to the lack of physical exercise. He followed the map and arrived at his destination. Jang Dongwoo. It was a safe box with a keyhole and a passcode. He took out a bobby pin from his pocket and inserted into the keyhole. He pulled both ends of the pin apart and kept constant pressure while rotating it as if he was using a key to open it. After a few minutes of struggling, the safe box finally opened. He heaved a sigh of relief and quickly took out all the money, which was around a few hundred thousand won, from the locker, placing them in his backpack. “Hyun checked!” He claimed proudly through the headset and locked the safe box.

 

He was about to leave when something caught his attention.

 

President K Sunggyu.

 

The words clicked in his mind. This must be the Chairman’s eldest son office! His eyes twinkled with excitement. There was a strong urge telling him to break in.

 

He glanced cautiously at his surroundings and checked the time, before taking out another pin from his pocket. He managed to open the door and sneaked into the spacious office.

 

The room was painted in white and there were huge window panels with breath-taking views. The place transmitted an elegant atmosphere. “If only I was born to be an heir.” Woohyun sat comfortably on the black leather chair and behaved like a smug boss, placing his feet on top of the white table with a guffaw. 

 

“You have 15 minutes left. Wrap up whatever you are doing.” He widened his eyes at Jungyeop’s announcement. He has lost track of the time! No way was he going to give up on this sum of money which was just right in front of him and the only thing that was separating them was this safe box. He immediately rushed to it and started working diligently.

 

His jaw dropped at the amount of money inside. It was much more than he expected. 5 million won... He didn’t notice a silhouette coming into the office.

 

“Who are you?”

 

A raspy voice resonated through the empty office. Woohyun felt his heart pounding against his ribcage and a chill ran down his spine as he stood stunned on the spot.

 

He was caught.

----------------------------------

Note: Thank you so much, I really appreciate you for taking the time to read my story ♡