Chapter 15

The Heir Met A Thief

Sunggyu made his way down the stairs and was astonished by Woohyun’s presence at the dining table. He was dressed in his school uniform, consuming a bowl of kimchi fried rice with a satisfied groan while praising Krystal’s culinary skills. It was clearly shown through his expression that he was enjoying it.

 

“You’re up early today,” Sunggyu commented and sat opposite him, delighted that there was a companion for breakfast. He acted as if he didn’t confess to him yesterday. However, Woohyun’s eyes dilated once he heard Sunggyu’s voice, his adrenaline level rising.

 

“Good morning, young master.” Krystal greeted and went to the counter to scoop a bowl for him as well. Woohyun ducked his head and quickly stuffed the remaining rice into his mouth.

 

“Woohyun ah-”

 

Woohyun choked on his food and he coughed to clear his throat. He was too flustered from hearing his name uttered by Sunggyu.

 

“Yah, I knew it! Eat slowly, idiot. Nobody is going to steal it from you.” Sunggyu came up to him and patted his back, handing a cup of water to him. Woohyun thanked him and gulped it down in one shot.

 

“Krystal noona, thank you for the food, I really liked it.” He wiped his mouth and stood up hastily. Sunggyu’s eyebrows raised. “Goodbye boss, I’ll leave first.” He informed and left hurriedly, not giving Sunggyu any chance to reply. Krystal sensed the tension between them and observed the heir’s expression, he seemed kind of down by Woohyun’s sudden departure.

 

“It’s raining heavily, and his wound hasn’t recovered though.”

 

She purposely voiced her thoughts out and it caught Sunggyu’s attention. He stared out of the window, the rain bore down mercilessly upon the heart of the city, pounding on the rooftop. He walked towards the main door. Woohyun wasn’t out yet, he was sitting on the floor, tying his shoelaces. He was frantic when he noticed from his peripheral vision that Sunggyu was approaching him.

 

“You’re going to get caught in the rain. Wait for me, I’ll drive you.” Sunggyu informed him and Woohyun couldn’t look him in the eye, especially when the kiss was still vivid in his mind. “It’s okay, I’ve a hoodie.” He quickly rejected the offer, not wanting to spend any second longer with Sunggyu. He didn’t even manage to sleep a wink.

 

The atmosphere was really awkward, and he took that as a cue to leave. He stood up and was about to open the door when Sunggyu trapped him against the wall.

 

“Y-Yah! What are you doing?” Woohyun was alarmed. Their current situations reminded him of yesterday and he panicked.

 

“Are you avoiding me, Woohyun ah?” He stared straight into Woohyun’s eyes.

 

“N-No!” Woohyun answered too quickly and even stuttered. He cursed himself silently. He’s gonna expose me for lying. 

 

“Alright, I’ll believe you.” 

 

Woohyun was rendered speechless, not expecting Sunggyu to say that since it was obvious that he was avoiding him.

 

“Wait for me to finish my food okay? I really don’t want you to get sick and you look like you didn’t have enough rest too.” Sunggyu told him. If it were the members, Woohyun would have shrugged him off nonchalantly, but there was something about the older. Perhaps it was his sincere eyes, the way he caressed his wounds tenderly or the gentle tone in his voice. Woohyun was taken off guard and he ended up nodding his head reluctantly.

 

“Good boy,” Sunggyu praised him with a small smile, Woohyun felt his heart began to beat faster. He was afraid that Sunggyu might hear it, so he moved back and his head ended up knocking against the wall. “Ah,” he groaned in pain and raised his arm to massage the sore spot. “Yah! You’re really an idiot. Can’t you be more careful?” Sunggyu scolded him and leaned in to rub the back of his head. As he closed up the distance between them, his eyes naturally landed upon Woohyun’s lips.

 

Woohyun looked up and caught a swirl of emotions in Sunggyu’s eyes. He gasped, urging him to push the older away. However, he couldn’t move a single muscle, it was as if the gaze in Sunggyu’s eyes had paralyzed him.  

 

Sunggyu bent his neck down and pecked Woohyun’s lips, slow and tentative. When they broke apart, Sunggyu rested his forehead against Woohyun’s, their breaths mingled. 

 

“Yah didn’t I tell you yesterday that-” He paused when he saw Sunggyu smiled fondly while studying his face. The words that he wanted to say were stuck in his throat all of a sudden. 

 

The moment when Sunggyu took a step back, Woohyun immediately rushed back to his room. He chuckled at his action. 

 

He’s too transparent.

 

•••

 

Woohyun sat on the bed and groaned.

 

Ahh I totally missed the chance to get mad at him!

 

He had planned to eat his breakfast and leave the house before Sunggyu woke up so that he didn’t have to see him at all. He sighed and buried his face under his palms.

 

There were dark circles under his eyes since he had devoted the whole night thinking about yesterday’s incident.

 

I need to tell him about ending the contract again. I can’t stay here any longer, it’s too dangerous. 

 

 

Dongwoo entered Sunggyu’s office and noticed that his boss was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Where’s Sunggyu?” He asked Woohyun, who was sitting at his own desk. He turned to the secretary. 

 

“Dongwoo hyung,” he greeted before replying nonchalantly, “he went to get coffee.”

 

Dongwoo placed the paper on Sunggyu’s desk and decided to wait on the couch. He needed the heir’s signature for approval. His eyes flickered around the room. Everything was the usual except for one, they landed on Woohyun.

 

“Woohyun,” he broke the silence and asked with uncertainty, “do you like Sunggyu?” The younger was stunned.

 

“What are you talking about? Besides, I’m done with the mission and I’ll be leaving soon.” A chill ran down his spine under the watchful eye of Dongwoo.



“Are you serious about that?” Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean?” He asked.



“If you’re just playing around with his feelings, then you better stay away from him, don’t give him any idea that you might be interested,” Dongwoo ordered coldly. He felt that it was absurd that Sunggyu would’ve feelings for a guy all of a sudden when he was obviously straight. Unless the thief was playing some tricks on him like seducing him, in order to cheat him out of his money. 

 

“I’m not that kind of person.” Woohyun, as if he could hear Dongwoo’s inner thought, was annoyed and his voice crackled with anger. It was natural that Dongwoo would doubt him since they barely know each other and further on, he was a thief.

 

“Good, because I won’t forgive you if you ever hurt him.”

 

The atmosphere became tense and Dongwoo felt a tinge of guilt for pushing all the blame to Woohyun, especially when he was the one who suggested to let the thief work for them in the first place.

 

“In High School, we were in the same class and that was when I first met him. Although he might appear arrogant, when you really get to know him, he’s actually soft inside.” Woohyun noticed Dongwoo’s lips quirked into a smile. Why is he telling me all these?

 

“We always hanged out together with a girl, her name’s Ailee.” That name sounded familiar. Woohyun remembered Jonghyun was teasing Dongwoo about her at the boxing gym. 

 

“She knows Sunggyu like the back of her palm, maybe that’s why they’re really close and everyone assumed that they were together, but Sunggyu told me such strong headed girl isn’t his type.” Dongwoo paused. “One day, she suddenly left without saying a word. We didn’t know what happened until we heard from the news that her family had migrated to New York due to business expansion. It was as if she had disappeared into thin air from our lives and she didn’t even bother to contact us afterwards.” He heaved a sigh.

 

“Sunggyu was always checking his phone and after it hits him that she’s really gone, he changed completely. He went out with any girl, not caring who she was, and he was totally reckless. It was then I’d found out about his hidden feelings, and it took me years to bring him back on his feet.” Woohyun felt something wasn’t right. If that girl really did know Sunggyu well, she would’ve known about his feelings too. 

 

“So, is he biual?” Dongwoo paused awhile and shook his head. 

 

“I doubt it, Sunggyu has never liked a guy before so I’m afraid that he’s just confused. Ailee’s departure has hurt him deeply and I don’t think he’s over her yet. You’re very similar to her in terms of personality, so I guess he might be seeing her in you and not you as a person. Once he notices that you’re different, it’ll only be an infatuation.” Dongwoo added. 

 

“Are we really that alike?” He perceived Dongwoo’s puzzled expression and added. “I’m referring to me and Ailee-ssi.”

 

“Yes, Ailee and you are fearless, always doing things without thinking of the consequence. She would stand up against the bullies in school without backing down and lecture Sunggyu when he’s being hostile to others. It might be because you dared to talk back to him, that’s why he’s attracted to you.” 

 

Woohyun’s eyebrows twitched. There was something amiss about his statement. 

 

Suddenly, the door swung open and Sunggyu stepped in with a scowl on his face. Woohyun’s breath hitched in his throat, he must’ve overheard their conversation. 

 

“Why are you telling him all these?” Dongwoo gulped hard at Sunggyu’s tone, he was pissed off. He noted the document on his desk and scanned through it quietly, before signing on the acknowledgement slip. “Stop meddling in my business, this is between me and him.” He handed the form and dismissed him. 

 

“Don’t blame him, he’s just worried about you. You should be grateful to have a friend like him.” Woohyun claimed. 

 

“Are you convinced by what he said?” Sunggyu asked and looked into Woohyun’s eyes, trying to read him. However, Woohyun avoided his stare and Sunggyu knew the answer already. He sighed and stopped in front of Woohyun, pulling him into an embrace. 

 

“Don’t believe him, I’m actually quite serious about you.” 

 

Woohyun managed to push him away. 

 

“But what if you don’t even understand yourself and you’re mistaking your feelings for me? That wouldn’t be fair to me.” He argued, folding his arms. 

 

“Fine, I admit, at first I was unsure since I’ve never felt this way for a guy.” Before Woohyun could speak, Sunggyu immediately explained. “But after I kissed you, I’m certain about my feelings. It was my first time kissing a guy and I don’t feel disgusted at all. Instead, it feels right.” 

 

“What about Ailee-ssi? I’m similar to her in terms of personality, you might be attracted because you’re seeing her in me.” Woohyun suggested. 

 

“No, Dongwoo’s wrong, you’re different from her.” Woohyun’s eyebrows raised at the remark. “You aren’t fearless at all. In fact, there are many things that you fear.” Woohyun’s eyes widened. “Y-Yah, don’t make me sound like a weakling!” He retorted. 

 

“Of course, you aren’t. What I’m trying to say is your personality isn’t the same as her. She’s someone who you can’t find any weakness and appears as if she has nothing to lose.” Woohyun rolled his eyes. “Okay I get it, she’s your goddess and nobody can replace her.” Sunggyu ignored him.

 

“However, people who don’t understand you, will misinterpret your impulsive and stubborn side as courageous.” Sunggyu words made Woohyun heart fluttered, then he realised this was the part where Dongwoo was wrong. He felt perplexed as he hasn’t been in a relationship before, so all these emotions were foreign to him. 

 

“Therefore, I didn’t like you because you resemble her. I like you for who you are, Shin Woohyun. I get that all these might be too overwhelming for you. I’ll give you time to think over it.” Sunggyu checked his watch. “Your class is starting soon, right?” Woohyun nodded and grabbed his backpack before leaving. 

 

 

Sunggyu raised his head up from his computer and stared out of the glass panels. The sky was a blanket of grey, it has been raining for the whole day and Woohyun was still nowhere to be seen. He grabbed the telephone on his desk and pressed the extension to his secretary. It was picked up after a few seconds. 

 

“Yes boss?” Dongwoo answered. 

 

“Woohyun isn’t back yet. Can you go and fetch him from school?” He ordered while his fingers danced around the keyboard, preparing for his final presentation tomorrow.  

 

“Woohyun? He’s in Jonghyun’s office. This morning, he has requested to work under him, and I’ve approved the transfer since he insisted that you had consented.” Dongwoo thought that his boss has come to terms with his feelings towards Woohyun was a fleeting crush. 

 

“What?” Sunggyu was shocked. When he was about to end the call, Dongwoo continued. “Sunggyu, regarding this morning’s incident, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have-” Sunggyu cut him off. “It’s alright, I just hope that you’d trust me more, I know what I’m doing.” 

 

Right after ending the call, he stormed off to Jonghyun’s office. Woohyun was sorting out a heavy stack of documents while scanning them at the printer. 

 

“When did I agree to it?” Sunggyu stood in front of him and tugged his arm. 

 

“You said you’d give me time.” Woohyun argued. 

 

“Sunggyu,” Jonghyun stood between them and the heir shot him a death glare. He cleared his throat awkwardly and corrected himself. “Boss, let him off for today, he must be tired of seeing your face.” He tried to lighten the atmosphere by making a joke. 

 

“Fine, do things your own way, but don’t even think about running away. Report to me if someone ever bullies you.” Sunggyu his heel and strode out. At the doorway, he bumped into Myungsoo, who was sneering. He ignored him.

 

 

After his work, Woohyun went back by himself. He has succeeded in avoiding Sunggyu. Normally, he would eat dinner with Sunggyu and Dongwoo, but today he had his dinner in the house. He was surprised to see Myungsoo at the dining table. They ate the kimchi and tofu stew prepared by Krystal. The heir was staring at him unabashedly, making him feel out of place.

 

“What?” he was fed up that he glared back at him, it was like they were playing a staring contest and Woohyun refused to lose. 

 

“Woohyun ah, I like you. Do you want to go out with me?”

 

Woohyun choked on his rice and frowned. What’s wrong with all the Kim brothers? He stood up to pour himself a glass of water. 

 

“Kim Myungsoo, what the hell are you talking about?”

 

Woohyun froze, he could hear the rage in his voice even without turning his head to look. He has returned home at the wrong timing, his presence would only stir up more trouble. 

 

“Ahh you came at the right time. I just confessed to Woohyun, don’t you think that we’d make a cute pairing?” He turned Woohyun to face Sunggyu and wrapped his arm around his shoulders. Myungsoo grinned when he caught his brother’s face stiffened. 

 

Sunggyu tugged Myungsoo’s arm away from Woohyun. “I don’t know what you’re trying to do, but if you dare to lay your hands on him, I’ll never forgive you.”

 

“It’s none of your business anyways.” Myungsoo claimed innocently and added, “If you’re only concerned for him as his boss, I suggest that you don’t mix your personal life and work like that.”

 

Woohyun felt suspicious. Myungsoo has declared his feelings to him, but despite standing in front of him, Sunggyu was the one having his full attention. Sunggyu shot his brother a menacing glare before pulling Woohyun away with him. 

 

“Wait,” He grabbed his arm to stop him and turned towards Myungsoo. 

 

“Are you doing all these for his attention?” 

 

Unexpectedly, Myungsoo snickered. “Is it really that obvious?” Sunggyu’s eyebrows snapped. “Ahh I thought I’ve hiding well.” Myungsoo’s face was unreadable.

 

“You’re insane.” Sunggyu snorted and grabbed Woohyun along with him. 

 

“Woohyun ah, think over it carefully before giving me your answer. I’m serious about it.” Myungsoo called out. His smile dropped once he was alone. 

 

•••

 

“It’s not what you think, he’s just joking.” Woohyun explained as he followed behind Sunggyu. 

 

The older stopped in his track and whirled around to face him. “I didn’t ask anything though.” 

 

“Ah,” Woohyun faked a cough and hung his head low, he was awkward. 

 

“You must’ve been tired today, rest well.” Sunggyu ruffled his hair gently before entering his room. 

 

 

Woohyun was on his bed, playing PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds and concentrating on shooting all the other players on the island. Suddenly, he has received a notification from the group chat. 

 

Yeollie: Have you managed to hack in? 

 

He typed a quick reply.

 

Hyun: Yes

 

Number 1: Does that mean you can leave already? (^v^)

 

Then, Woohyun realized that he has forgotten about mentioning to Sunggyu about the contract earlier on. He remembered his words, “Don’t even think about running away.” He won’t let me go until I reject him properly. 

 

Hyun: No

 

Yeollie: Why wouldn’t he let you go??!?!

 

Hyun: Dk

 

Yeollie: Stop playing games!

 

Number 1: You’re the one who introduced him! (¬_¬)

 

Yes, Sungyeol was the one who has promoted the game to him since the bodyguard has always been playing during his free time and now, Woohyun became addicted to it. 

 

Woohyun groaned and opened Telegram.  

 

Hyun: I have no idea what’s in his mind.

 

He didn’t disclose Sunggyu’s confession or his injury to them. He could take care of himself. They had already escaped from Infinity Free Souls to visit him, he didn’t want to add any more burden on them. 

 

Yeollie: There’s something wrong with the Kim family, they must be a psychopath! 

 

Number 1: Hyun, are you ok there?

 

Hyun: Yup, don’t worry ^^

 

Number 1: Can’t you just leave? T_T

 

Hyun: I can’t, I still have the earring on me.. 

 

Yeollie: What about the contract? The one you had signed with KSG.

 

Hyun: Yeah, what about it? 

 

Yeollie: It stated that KSG will let you off once you’ve completed his request. He’s not keeping his words. 

 

Hyun: Yes, but it’s not like I can show it to anyone… >_<

 

Yeollie: Oh… 

 

Yeollie: How about we threaten them to let you go, if not we’ll murder them!

 

Number 1: Yeol, please calm down...

 

Yeollie: I can’t, our hyun is stuck there!

 

Hyun: ༼ಢ_ಢ༽

 

Yeollie: And Hoya, why is KMS back in the office?!

 

Number 1: I’ve no idea

 

Woohyun remembered the incident earlier on. 

 

Hyun: Yeol, help me to check up on him. The Kim brothers had argued just now. 

 

Yeollie: Ermm that’s none of my business? 

 

Number 1: Yeol, just do as you’re told. 

 

Yeollie: Argh fine, you two better treat me a month of Tonkatsu for sending me into the lion’s den!

 

Hyun: Thanks Yeollie <3 

 

Sungyeol has appeared offline.

 

Number 1: Hyun, did you find out any secret about those heirs? 

 

Hyun: What has it got to do with this??

 

Number 1: Because if you did, you could use it to threaten them to spill the beans. 

 

Woohyun thought of the incident in the house. It was quite dark at that time, but he was convinced that he did see it. However, he was unsure if that was the secret Howon was talking about but judging by the way that the person has behaved, it seemed like he was hiding something.

 

His phone buzzed, snapping him out of his trance. 

 

Number 1: Hyun? 

 

Hyun: No, I didn’t find anything suspicious. 

 

He lied. 

 

Suddenly, he heard a ruckus outside of his room. He scrunched his eyebrows and placed his phone down on the mattress, before climbing out of his bed stealthily. 

 


Sungyeol rolled his eyes as he took a deep breath, before he braced himself to knock onto the door of the devil’s office. However, there was no response. He remembered watching him entered the office. That’s weird. Did he leave already?

 

Well who cares? He shrugged his shoulders and walked to the pantry to steal something to eat. Suddenly he heard something from the storeroom. His eyes widened and fear had begun to press up against his stomach, he had to control his breath. Horror was never his choice for a movie. It was impossible for someone to fit in such a cramped space, unless it wasn’t human... It felt like his legs were moving by themselves. 

 

He leaned his head on the door to listen. He couldn’t hear anything though. Maybe it was just his illusion? His fingers held the doorknob, he could feel every single pound in his chest. 

 

When the door has finally opened, it was very dark inside but he could make out a silhouette. Sungyeol screamed at the top of his lungs. 

 

 

He didn’t expect to see Chubs there, slamming her paws against the door to get his attention. 

 

“What are you doing here?” He was surprised. She meowed to greet him and slipped into his room. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion until the kitten settled down on his bed. 

 

“Ah you want to sleep with me tonight?” Chubs purred. As he approached the bed with a grin, wanting to cuddle with her, he noticed the wet patch around her. She has just dried her wet body using the bedsheet. 

 

“Yah! Did you escape from your bath?” He grabbed her up from the bed and she fidgeted, but he didn’t let her down. “Chubs, you have to take your shower even if you hate it.” He scolded her and she just gave him a sad whine. “Normally animals in the forest enjoy it whenever I give them a shower.” Woohyun groaned.  

 

“I’m bringing you back.” He headed to Sunggyu’s room. The door was opened, Chubs must have gotten away through the opening. He peeked inside the room and the owner was nowhere to be seen. Where is he?

 

Out of curiosity, he entered and was amazed by the interior design of Sunggyu’s bedroom. Although he has stepped into this room yesterday, but he wasn’t able to see how it looked like especially with Sunggyu’s body blocking his view completely. 

 

The bed was enormous, probably bigger than any king-sized bed that the bedsheet has to be specially designed. The material felt soft and fluffy under his touch. The room was soundproofed with acoustic panels on the wall and the size of the television was gigantic. Woohyun looked up and noticed that the ceiling was made of transparent glass. It was meant for stargazing.

 

Oh my god.

 

Woohyun was gawking at the beautiful stars and he lost his balance as his neck moved backwards, causing him to fall onto the bed. Chubs jumped out of his arms instantly and ran out of the room. 

 

He propped himself up on his elbows to call her, but the door to the bathroom suddenly opened and he panicked.

 

Sunggyu stepped out with a grey adidas trousers while drying his damp hair with a towel. He was topless and Woohyun tore his eyes away from his nice and toned body. He was astonished by Woohyun’s presence. “Why are you-” He was interrupted. 

 

“Yah! Why aren’t you wearing a shirt?” Woohyun’s hands rose to his face, his cheeks were crimson red. “Are you showing off your abs or what? Hurry up and put on a shirt!” A smile unfolded on the heir’s lips at Woohyun’s cute reaction. 

 

“In case you haven’t noticed, this is my room.” He as he neared him.

 

Woohyun was embarrassed. “A-Ah I’m sorry, I’ll leave.” Before he could get up from the bed, Sunggyu laid down and wrapped his arms around Woohyun’s body, preventing him from moving. “W-What are you-” He was caught off guard and struggled to free himself. 

 

“Don’t move.” Woohyun was flustered as his head was on Sunggyu’s chest and he could hear his heartbeat clearly. “Why?” He asked, barely hearing his voice over the sound of their heartbeats. When there was no response, he raised his head up. Sunggyu has his eyes closed. He stared at his long eyelashes and the little moles on his body. 

 

“I barely have enough sleep, so keep quiet and stay here.” Sunggyu mumbled and cuddled up to Woohyun, he didn’t mind the body warmth since the room was cold, he was exhausted too.

 

“Has something been bothering you?” 

 

Sunggyu was feigning asleep. 

 

“That’s why you’ve those pills?” 

 

Woohyun felt his body stiffened under him, as if he hit the nail on the head. Sunggyu’s eyes shot open and he sat up, eyeing him. 

 

“How did you know?” He asked in a really low voice that Woohyun had trouble making out what he was saying. He noticed that his face was paper white. This must be what Howon was talking about. 

 

“I caught you taking them in the kitchen.” Woohyun explained. Sunggyu sighed and buried his head in his knees, he was distressed. The thief thought of what Howon has told him earlier on. “Hyun, did you find out any secret about those heirs? If you did, you could use it to threaten them.” This is my chance now. 

 

“If you want to talk about it, I won’t tell anyone,” Woohyun assured him and added, “Unless you do what I-” His threatening words were cut off. 

 

“I’m having nightmares almost every night.” Woohyun didn’t expect Sunggyu to open up to him. “Something horrible happened in few years back.” He started to shiver in fear at the thought of that incident. The reason why he refused to tell anyone was because they would be able to see his most helpless and vulnerable side.

 

Woohyun noticed Sunggyu’s body was trembling, he was overwhelmed. “Don’t talk anymore. Where’s the pills?” He asked anxiously, looking around the room, completely forgotten about grasping the opportunity to scare him. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have pressured you to talk. I should’ve known better-” Sunggyu held him, the warmth of Woohyun’s body was helping to calm him down a little. “It’s okay.” He assured him. 

 

“I-” he took a deep breath, “I was abducted.” He has expected to receive an exaggerated response but instead, Woohyun kept quiet. “And assaulted.” He wanted to see how much his body could take it. “For 3 days, in a warehouse at an amusement park, locked up a-and...” He took in a gulp of air and held it to push back at the fear. “And used a chain.” He closed his eyes, he could hear the metal being dragged by the man. It was a sign that he was going to receive his punishment. He forced himself to continue. “He’s a c-clown.” He let out a breath that he was holding and he was sweating profusely. He remembered the man yelling at him that it was entirely his father’s fault. After the incident, he couldn’t even look at Taehyun in the eye, fearing that it would remind him of the man. Woohyun knew that he has reached his limit. He brushed away the sweat on his forehead and got up to take the water bottle on the nightstand. 

 

“Other than getting help from your counsellor for the pills, did you tell anyone else?” Sunggyu shook his head and drank the water. It reminded Woohyun of him when he was young. He always bottled up his feelings and isolated himself from the rest of the world. 

 

“The pills,” He broke the silence, as he knew that Sunggyu would feel better if he was talking. “I recognised them because I took them before. They are for post-traumatic stress disorder.” He Sunggyu’s back. He didn’t know why he was willing to open up, perhaps he wanted to let him know that he wasn’t alone. 

 

“I wasn’t an orphan since birth and it wasn’t easy for me to witness their deaths.”

 

Woohyun thought back to the honking sound ringing in his ears. He felt the vehicle turned swiftly and collided into something vigorously. The next moment, he was screaming with his whole body when the car had exploded. His skin tingle due to the heat produced by the fire, which took away his loved ones and left nothing for him to commemorate them. 

 

Suddenly, Sunggyu pulled away to check on Woohyun’s face. He wiped his cheeks with his thumb, before embracing him. Woohyun didn’t even realise that he was crying.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that, it must’ve been difficult for you to face this alone.” Sunggyu spoke genuinely, resting his head on top of Woohyun’s. The incidents back then had left them traumatised, and according to scientific research, trauma can cause injury to the brain and lead to memory loss.

--------------------------------

Note: Im back, thank you for waiting ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡