Chapter 1

The Heir Met A Thief

“Hyun, have you heard about it?”

 

Beads of sweat trickled down Howon’s forehead profusely as he fled immediately after his tedious morning training. It wasn’t difficult to find Woohyun since he knew him like the back of his hand.

 

“About what?” The said man lifted his gaze lazily from his sitting position at his best friend, who was grinning like an idiot.

 

He continued throwing pebbles into the dirty, abandoned lake. He has been doing this for the past few hours under the blazing fierce sun while thinking, for the hundredth time, of the series of events that had led him to his current state.

 

“Our mission.”

 

Woohyun snapped out of his trance and his hazel eyes dilated with excitement immediately after hearing the word. It has been around half a year since he last heard something that ignited the fires of the passion inside him naturally and effortlessly, giving meaning and purpose to his life.

 

Howon chuckled after seeing Woohyun’s face light up and , “Actually on second thought, I’m kind of doubting your current physical strength for the mission since you haven’t been attending all the training and-”

 

“YAH that’s because it’s so boring! Geonam-ssi makes us run up and down the hill every single day and punishes us if we didn’t complete 40 rounds within his targeted time. He’s such a cruel coach,” Woohyun whined with his lower pouty lips jutting out cutely that caused Howon to laugh in amusement.

 

“Aigoo you and your excuses to skip training as always~” He ruffled Woohyun’s fluffy black hair.

 

“Hey guys, what are you still doing here? Come on, the meeting is going to start soon!” Sungyeol shouted from a distance and the two guys exchanged cheeky smiles before running towards him.

 

The meeting only meant one thing.

 

The announcement of their missions for them,

 

Infinity Free Souls;

 

A group of orphans under the wings of Lee Jungyeop.

 

 

A loud knock against the frosted laminated glass door, with a label: President K Sunggyu, was heard.

 

Kim Sunggyu, cladded in an exotic suit, stopped typing on the keyboard and glanced across his office before speaking in a monotone voice, “Come in”.

 

He was the eldest son of Kim Corporate’s Chairman. In the company, everyone feared of stepping on his nerve because he was hot-tempered and merciless, however, his looks made up for that. He was indeed very gorgeous. That was why 80% of the females in Kim Corporate were taken over by his charm and would cast flirtatious looks to him whenever they had the opportunity.

 

Therefore, he issued a specific rule in Kim Corporate: No confessing to Kim Sunggyu or you’ll be fired. This was to prevent him from having to deal with their unnecessary emotions, even though he was straight.

 

Sunggyu’s one and only trustable secretary, and his closest friend for many years stepped into the room hastily.

 

“Did you manage to dig out anything?”

 

Sunggyu asked while he loosened the black tie around his neck.

 

“I’ve researched on our competitor’s performance through the website and even tried to inquire information from the others. Unfortunately, it’s a private limited company and they kept a very low profile. It’s basically impossible to get anything out from the company unless we…”

 

Dongwoo paused hesitantly with his eyes cast downwards on the ground. Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at him in scrutiny and leaned closer.

 

“What?”

 

His voice was hoarse.

 

His patience was running out.

 

Kim Corporate has been going downhill recently because of its competitor and his father had given him the task of reviving the company. If he managed to do it, the possibility of his father entrusting the Chairman position to him, instead of his brother, would increase.

 

“We can sneak into the company and steal their data!”

 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and smacked Dongwoo’s head, who thought that was a brilliant idea.

 

“YAH this is a marketing company, we’re not thieves!” Dongwoo pouted as he caressed the sore part of his head, “Then what are the better solutions? Chairman gave you this task instead of Myungsoo because he trusts you. We can’t miss out on such a good opportunity in getting a step closer to obtaining the Chairman position.”

 

Sunggyu sighed heavily as he massaged the bridge of his pointy nose.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll think of other ways.”

 

 

“Kim Corporate?”

 

Howon’s eyes widened and his jaw literally dropped. Woohyun just blinked innocently at his best friend’s reaction. He hasn’t heard of that company before and was just simply excited about the mission to be bothered by anything else. He believed in himself. However, in hindsight, he realised that he should have undergone Geonam’s training first before the mission due to his decrease in muscle strength.

 

“Yes, as I was saying, that company is undergoing a downturn right now because of YJ Company and is probably in a vulnerable state. So, we can use this chance to attack our prey while they are busy fishing for their competitor’s weaknesses.” Jungyeop explained softly to the members in the cave in caution of outsiders eavesdropping their illegal underground activity, although it was unlikely to happen especially when their hideout was deep in a vintage forest.

 

“Old man,” Old man was a nickname for Jungyeop to remind him that he was no longer young, it was time for him to search for a lifetime partner and settle down.

 

“When’s our mission?” Woohyun had the question right on the tip of his tongue since it’s been lingering in the orphan’s mind, but Sungyeol said it first.

 

“Tomorrow. Report at the usual place before daylight.”