Exposure

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jennie’s mouth gapes open in shock, she can feel her own heart practically beating out of her chest and the blood rushing to her head. Yes, she has seen Lisa in various states of undress over the years, she has even seen her a couple of times, but that was all in passing. She never, in all their years together, actually had time to stop and stare – to admire – the younger girl’s figure.

Until now.

Her hands are still on the taller girl’s hips, half supporting the latter’s weight. Part of her wants to tell Lisa to get off of her as soon as possible, the other part also wants to apologize for coming into the younger girl’s room unannounced and walking into her like this. But, somehow, she can’t bring herself to form the correct words, she’s flustered and tongue-tied. She firmly tries to keep her eyes on the taller girl’s face until the latter snaps out of her momentary lapse of shock and embarrassment and manages to completely get off from her. However, her body has other ideas, her eyes constantly drifting downwards no matter how many times she tries, in vain, to focus on the red-head’s equally flushed face.

Jennie can’t help it when her eyes inevitably roam down, over Lisa’s perfectly small round s, over her pronounced abdominal muscles and—

She closes her eyes, unable to let herself go any farther.

“Li-Lisa,” she finally manages, “please,” she lightly pushes at the younger girl’s hips in hopes that she’ll get the message.

The red-head lets out a shaky breath and wordlessly nods before swiftly getting off the brunette. She barely manages to mumble out an I’m sorry and instantly turns to lock herself in the bathroom again, unable to face the brunette after that.

Jennie lays on the floor, propped up by her elbows, completely perplexed as she stares at the closed bathroom door that Lisa disappeared behind.

One thing is now clear: using this bathroom rather than the other one was most definitely a mistake.

She gets up and reaches out to knock on the door, her hand hovering. She wants to say something – apologize, maybe – but she is at a loss. Unsure of whether Lisa would even want her to still stick around after that. The younger girl had never looked so absolutely mortified.

Jennie sighs and drops her hand back to her side.

Later, she says to herself as she turns and walks out of the younger girl’s room.

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the bathroom door, Lisa is having something akin to a mental breakdown.

She heavily leans against the closed door with her eyes screwed shut in shame. Her heart is pounding so quickly that she can feel it in , the blood rushing through her head and deafening her ears. Her body reaching an unhealthy temperature that it has only ever reached when she has had a high fever. Her breaths come in quick short gasps of air as she leans her forehead on the wooden doorframe and wraps her arms around herself in some frail attempt to cover her body and save herself from the embarrassing moment that has gone and past.

With Jennie of all people.

If it had been Chaeyoung she would have been fine. Both girls would have been slightly flustered but then they would have laughed it off and gone on as if it was nothing.

If it had been Jisoo…

Well, with Jisoo Lisa isn’t quite certain. But, part of her is sure that the older girl would have attempted to make light of the situation or at least tried to comfort and protect her in some way.

But…

Jennie.

 

Jennie; the girl who blatantly rejects her feelings and is trying to push her towards someone else.

Jennie; the girl who carelessly stole her heart and continues to stomp on it.

Jennie; the girl who she often catches sizing her up like she still can’t figure out what Jisoo sees in her.

Jennie… who likely doesn’t think much of her after everything, not in the way Lisa wishes.

 

The same girl that still manages to ignite a raging inferno of emotions within Lisa with her mere existence.

 

It’s different from all the other times they have seen each other , because now… Jennie knows. Lisa already felt exposed enough emotionally, now that the physical layer is also ripped off she feels as if she has nothing else to hide behind.

Part of her still wants to think of Jennie as one of her best friends. A dear friend that she just so happened to fall in love with, but a friend nonetheless. But, after everything, she feels like their relationship is left in some odd place in-between friends and strangers.

 

Limbo.

 

**

 

Chaeyoung is casually chatting and messing around with Jisoo when she notices Jennie swiftly and silently trying to make her way across the expansive living room, towards the bathroom. She slightly quirks an eyebrow, noticing how flustered Jennie seems to be, but doesn’t have a chance to give it further thought as Jisoo throws a bag of popcorn at her and tells her to toss it in the microwave. She simply nods and turns to do as the older girl asks, filing away her thoughts about Jennie until later.

Jennie comes out of the bathroom not long after, the previously prominent blush on her cheeks now only a faint tint that can easily go unnoticed.

Jisoo looks up from the dip she is preparing for the chips and gives Jennie a disarming smile that instantly makes the younger girl forget her previous moments with Lisa.

“Hey, how did it go with the photoshoots?”

Jennie walks over to the fridge and grabs a bottle of water before sitting on a stool in front of the kitchen island.

“Good,” she takes a drink then rests her elbows on the marble surface and sighs, “exhausting.”

“Yeah? Sorry, did we wake you?” Jisoo turns to her with furrowed brows.

Jennie simply gives her a gummy smile and waves away her concern, “I was only planning to take a short nap, not sleep in until tomorrow.”

“Good,” Chaeyoung says while rummaging through the cupboards for a good-sized bowl to place the chips in, “I don’t think you would have been able to sleep through the movie with Lisa and Jisoo in the house anyway.”

Jisoo laughs at the taller girl’s remark and nods, unable to deny the fact, while Jennie just looks on, completely mesmerized by the smiling older girl.

She already looks happier, Jennie notes.

She stops as soon as she realizes that she is staring at the older girl far longer than necessary, again.

“So, uhm, what movie are we watching?”

Jisoo gives her a wicked grin that can mean nothing but trouble, “The Descent.”

“The Descent?” Jennie turns to Chaeyoung with a confused expression, “I’ve never heard of that one.”

“You’ll find out soon enough,” Jisoo passes Jennie the container with the dip for the chips and motions at her to take it over to the coffee table.

They set everything up and dim the lights to comfortably watch the movie. Chaeyoung settling down on the recliner so she can prop up her feet while Jennie and Jisoo both opt to sit on the couch directly in front of the TV.

Jisoo anxiously glances in the direction of Lisa’s bedroom for a second, “Should we wait for Lisa?”

“Considering the genre, I don’t think she’s going to be paying much attention to the movie anyway, just play it,” Chaeyoung nonchalantly motions at the TV.

Jisoo agrees and plays it, knowing full well that Lisa would likely start closing her eyes and looking away at every scary scene, blo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter