Emergence

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Lisa can’t believe it.

 

She can’t seem to wrap her head around the fact that she gave her first kiss to Jisoo, just like that.

 

She can’t even find it in herself to blame the older girl, because it was her own doing in the first place.

 

Lisa can’t blame Jisoo at all, really, and she doesn’t actually want to anyway. After running away and hiding in her room she fully expects regret to hit her like a ton of bricks. She stands there, heavily leaning against the locked door, and waits.

 

With her eyes closed she can clearly replay the scene all over again, she can even feel the ghost of Jisoo’s lips still pressed to her own.

 

She stands there in silence and the minutes tick by.

 

Slowly, her agitated breaths return to normal and her blown pupils constrict back to their regular size.

 

Regret doesn’t hit her, it doesn’t so much as brush anywhere near her. In fact, if she’s being honest with herself, she’s kind of glad that it was Jisoo. Especially if the swarm of butterflies in her stomach and her unsteadily beating heart are anything to go by.

 

She scrunches her eyes and rakes her free hand through her hair

 

Jisoo...

 

What am I going to do?


 

The answer eludes her for several days.

 

The first time she sees Jisoo again she realizes that her mind practically takes a trip when the smaller girl appears in front of her; all shy smiles and sparkling eyes. Not only that, but her body seems to have a consciousness of its own with the way it starts to react to Jisoo’s presence. She can’t possibly suppress the elevated beating of her heart and the shortness of breath nor the constant shifting and fidgeting that accompany her nerves. It’s utterly unsettling how incredibly aware she becomes of Jisoo’s every move -- her fleeting touches and longing looks set Lisa ablaze and drag her deeper into the pool of confusion that floods her heart.


 

Jisoo notices.

 

Of course she notices.

 

Lisa gives herself away far too easily when she shifts away every time Jisoo gets closer.

 

It hurts her when the younger girl breaks their eye contact and pretends to be absorbed by the next nearest thing.

 

It hurts much more when Jisoo reaches for the redhead’s hand and Lisa pulls away like she has been burned.

 

Jisoo loses count of the amount of times that she tries to start a conversation only to have Lisa space out while mindlessly playing with her own hair or a loose thread and avoiding Jisoo’s gaze altogether.

 

It pains her so and the the fleeting hope that started to build within her chest, when Lisa kissed her only days prior, slowly starts to crumble in on itself.


 

It isn’t until Lisa notices the absence of the older girl’s fleeting touches that it really hits her.

 

She gets it, now, the reason that she rejoices every time she catches the brunette looking at her across the room -- with those dark brown eyes that threaten to absorb her.

 

It’s the same reason that she wishes Jisoo would never stop looking at her like that.

 

It’s the very same reason that her heart, the one that is supposed to belong solely to Jennie, flutters and skips a beat when Jisoo smiles at her -- Lisa swears she lights up the entire room.



 

Kim Jisoo…


 

I like you.


 

I really like you.



 

It’s something that has been a long time coming, she knows this, but the full realization hits her so hard and so suddenly that she completely forgets herself and her surroundings.

 

Without noticing, she nearly topples over a small figure while on her way to her bedroom. Their bodies are a mess of flailing limbs for a second before Lisa manages to find her own balance and steady the other girl.

 

Jisoo.

 

Memories of the kiss are instantly brought to the forefront of her mind and she can’t seem to process much else. Other than the fact that she wants to apologize for ruining their first kiss like she did, of course. She mentally facepalms and cringes over the thought of having ruined it for the both of them.

 

“Are you okay?” Jisoo’s voice pulls her out of her train of thoughts.

 

Their eyes meet when the younger girl finally looks up again and Jisoo can feel the familiar fluttering of her own heart.

 

Lisa lightly tugs at the ends of her oversized shirt, twisting her fingers around the fabric, “C-Can we talk?” she manages to mumble past her nerves.

 

Jisoo frowns and inches forward with worry, her hand settling on the younger girl’s arm, “What is it?”

 

“Uh, it’s- um...about...the kiss, I-,”

 

An unreadable expression settles on the older girl’s face.

 

“It’s okay,” Jisoo jumps in to interrupt her, “I know it was an accident and you didn’t mean to.”

 

It was an accident and Lisa really didn’t mean to.


 

But…


 

She liked it, undeniably so.


 

However, she can’t seem to get the words out of fast enough and Jisoo is already jumping to her own conclusions.

 

“I’m-,”

 

“You don’t have to apologize,” Jisoo lightly shakes her head and grabs at Lisa’s fidgeting hands to give them a comforting squeeze.

 

“But, Ji-,”

 

On impulse, the older girl leans forward and places a friendly kiss on Lisa’s cheek, “We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter