Hearth

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jisoo melts into Lisa’s embrace as the younger girl’s fingertips brush against her shoulder just so and a shiver runs up her spine.

 

It takes her but a moment to realize, and then it hits her: she has only been wearing a towel all along. Which means she would be, quite literally,  and fully exposed if the towel happened to come undone and slip off her body.

 

In that precise moment Lisa gives her a squeeze and backs up just enough to rub her hands over Jisoo’s bare shoulders, down to her elbows and back, a couple of times to create some friction and, by extent, heat.

 

“Are you cold?”

 

“I-,” Jisoo nods, ducking her head in an attempt to hide the blush covering her cheeks.

 

“Sorry,” Lisa immediately gets up and goes to retrieve Jisoo’s clothes from just outside of the room, returning in nothing but seconds.

 

“I didn’t even think to-,” Lisa huffs, exasperated with herself, “I wasn’t exactly thinking, I’m sorry.”

 

A small smile starts to pull at the corner of Jisoo’s lips as she looks up at Lisa through her lashes, knowing just how worried and out of sorts the taller girl can get when in the heat of the moment, “It’s okay.”

 

Lisa unfolds Jisoo’s hoodie and holds it up in front of her, not to hand it over, but to help the older girl slip into it herself. Jisoo gingerly slips her head in followed by each one of her arms and silently watches as Lisa frets over her, making sure the hoodie is on correctly and fixing her hair.

 

“Thank you,” she murmurs in a low raspy voice after Lisa seems to be done tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. What she gets in return is a gentle smile that warms her heart from within.

 

“Of course.”

 

Lisa then turns to the small pile of clothes, the tips of her ears going red at the sight of Jisoo’s bra and , “Um…”

 

Jisoo’s heart skips a beat at the thought of having to take the towel off and changing in front of Lisa. It’s not that they haven’t done it before – they have, countless times in fact – but this is different from all those times they changed clothes during rehearsals or performances. This time they’re completely alone and Jisoo can’t deny how nervous it makes her, but she also doesn’t want to ask her to leave.

 

“C-Can you,” she interrupts the younger girl, clearing her dry throat and reaching for the pile of clothes, “turn around?” She finishes in a small voice.

 

Lisa assents and turns away to give the girl some form of privacy, in any other case she would have simply left the room, but part of her is afraid of leaving for more than two seconds and returning to a passed out Jisoo. It’s the same part of her that is afraid of not being able to help or that Jisoo will somehow disappear from the room and she will be unable to find her.

 

Jisoo scoots closer to the edge of the bed and reaches for her first, carefully slips them on halfway while trying not to further aggravate her wrist, then stands up on shaky legs to pull them all the way up, pulling the towel off her body and tossing it away in the process. She then reaches for the sweatpants, sits back down on the edge of the bed to slip her legs in without toppling over, and stands back up to pull them up to her hips. She glances at the bra and doesn’t even reach for it, finding it pointless to put it on at this time, especially since she already has the hoodie on.

 

Her eyes fall on Lisa’s back, the younger girl is slightly shifting her weight from one leg to the other then back again and Jisoo knows she must still be worried, because that is one of Lisa’s tics.

 

Jisoo clears again to get her attention, “I’m done.”

 

She hasn’t even finished getting the words out of when Lisa is reaching for her, firmly placing her hands on Jisoo’s waist to keep her steady just in case. Jisoo cracks a grin.

 

“Lisa, I’m not going to faint again.”

 

Lisa eyes her up and down then gives her a small frown, “You don’t know that and I’d rather not risk it.”

 

Jisoo silently nods, unable to argue and not really feeling up for the challenge anyway. The redhead gets closer and turns, wrapping one arm around the smaller girl’s waist and leading her to the kitchen.

 

“You still haven’t eaten so I brought you some food from the restaurant we went to earlier,” Lisa guides the brunette into one of the stools by the kitchen island before making her way back around to rifle through the bag and heat up the food.

 

Jisoo sluggishly leans against the counter and simply watches as the younger girl goes about preparing everything and setting the food in front of her. She takes a deep breath, inhaling the mouth-watering aroma that the food exudes and is tempted to dig right in but something stops her.

 

“What’s wrong?” Lisa asks as she watches Jisoo stop herself from reaching for the spoon and the chopsticks.

 

Jisoo bites her bottom lip and regards the food for a second before turning to Lisa, “What if-...before...I didn’t eat because it felt like I would throw up. What if I throw up afterwards?” Her face scrunches up at the thought.

 

Lisa sits down next to her and places a comforting hand on her knee, “Do you still feel like you’ll throw up?”

 

Jisoo gives it some thought then lightly shakes her head, “But what if-,”

 

“Hey,” Lisa gently grabs her chin, turning Jisoo’s face to fully face her, “if you do throw up I’ll be right here to hold back your hair and care for you, okay? But, right now I need you to eat something before your body decides it’s time to pass out again.”

 

Jisoo pouts at her.

 

She actually pouts and Lisa can’t hold back the fond smile that breaks over her face.

 

“Stop being a baby and eat,” she pushes the bowl of ramen closer to the smaller girl.

 

“Okay, but if I throw up it’s your fault,” the brunette weakly grumbles and turns to her food. She holds the spoon in her left hand and the chopsticks in her right, but as she maneuvers the chopsticks to grab some of the ramen a sudden jolt of pain shoots up her wrist. Jisoo winces and drops the chopsticks in the bowl.

 

Lisa looks at her in shock, “What’s wrong?”

 

Jisoo briefly contemplates not telling Lisa simply because she doesn’t want the younger girl to worry herself more than she already is, but she finds that she is unable to lie to her in that moment.

 

“My wrist,” she holds it against her chest with her left hand.

 

“Did you sprain it when you fainted?” Lisa reaches for her her right hand, turning it over to see if there are any external injuries around the brunette’s wrist and seeing some minor swelling.

 

Jisoo nods before realizing that Lisa is no longer looking at her face, “I think so.”

 

Lisa gives the smaller girl a frown and shakes her head while the latter gloomily looks at her food.

 

What am I going to do with you?

 

She releases a sigh and moves her stool closer, so that it’s barely an inch away from Jisoo, then reaches for the discarded chopsticks and the spoon. She then proceeds to grab some of the ramen, being careful not to make a mess.

 

Jisoo turns to her in slight surprise at her sudden proximity, “What are you-,”

 

“Feeding you, open up,” she holds the food closer to Jisoo’s mouth.

 

“W-,” Jisoo tries to protest but is cut off when Lisa practically shoves the bite of ramen into . Jisoo takes it and starts chewing while giving Lisa something that is supposed to be a glare but completely falls flat of its intended intensity.

 

“I can feed myself,” she grumbles after swallowing the food in . She’s not upset because she doesn’t want the younger girl to feed her, but because part of her is embarrassed over how useless the pain in her wrist makes her.

 

“You’ll just hurt yourself,” Lisa grabs another small portion of ramen and brings it up to the older girl’s lips, “now, don’t be difficult and let me feed you, say ah.”

 

Jiso wants to argue for the sake of her own dignity, she does, but how can she possibly refuse the help of the one person she loves, especially when said redhead is being so sweet and caring? Hence, she obediently does as the younger girl says and lets Lisa feed her the rest of the ramen along with some grilled chicken skewers. Lisa stops every once in a while to gently dab a napkin at the corner of Jisoo’s lips a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter