Contact

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It’s so easy, the way they fall into a rhythm.

 

After the incident of Jisoo getting sick and fainting, Lisa completely refuses to leave her alone if she can help it. Jisoo never mentions it, but Lisa knows it’s because the older girl overextended herself by trying to attend all of Lisa’s activities and practice sessions on top of her own.

 

No matter how many times Jisoo tries to tell her off and wave away her worry Lisa finds her own eyes almost unconsciously trailing after the smaller girl like a pair of magnets.

 

Lisa is careful, unlike Jisoo who only managed to get herself sick, but she finds herself trying to attend all of Jisoo’s solo schedules, if only to return the favor.

 

She ignores the small voice in the back of her head, the one that says she attends all those schedules because she craves the smaller girl’s presence.

 

She is far more focused on the thoughts of Jennie and her odd actions -- the weird looks the brunette shoots her way when she is latched onto Jisoo. She knows Jennie must be jealous because, how couldn’t she be? But, sometimes she can’t tell if that jealousy is directed at her or Jisoo herself. It’s confusing, the way Jennie plays push and pull -- the way she tells Lisa she wants her best friend back then goes and looks at her like she is her arch nemesis.

 

She tries to push the negative thoughts away and focus on the way Jisoo smiles at her, bright and unashamed, day in and day out.

 

Being around her, with her, it’s so easy -- almost second nature.

 

Because we’re close friends, she tells herself.


 

She is pulled out of her thoughts as a roar of applause erupts around her and a familiar song starts playing through the speakers. Her eyes immediately find the small figure of Jisoo walking off the stage and down the stairs, getting lost behind the large crowd of idols that do the same. Lisa gets up and goes in the same direction, not really caring for the group that stays to thank the crowd and start singing their encore, nor the accompanying manager that she leaves behind in her wake.

 

Her steps are quick and hurried, weaving her way through the various staff and artists in the hallways. She spots the familiar back of the small brunette just up ahead, when the latter stops to bow and chat with some members of Gfriend. A smile tugs at her lips as she hastens her stride and swoops forward, catching the older girl off guard. She wraps Jisoo in a bear hug and slightly lifts her to swing her around once, the older girl letting out a surprised shriek.

 

“Guess who?” She breathes into the smaller girl’s ear after setting her down, still facing away from her.

 

Without turning, Jisoo smacks one of the arms around her waist and lets out a half suppressed laugh, “Lisa, don’t be rude,” she motions towards the two girls in front of her.

 

“Ah, sorry,” Lisa steps back away from Jisoo to bow after realizing that a smiling Umji and SinB are still standing in front of them, “hi.”

 

The two girls merely laugh at Lisa’s antics and are sent off with a wave and smile after some quick pleasantries. As soon as they are out of earshot Jisoo turns to Lisa, smacking her arm once more, a half hearted glare painted on her face, “You scared me, you idiot.”

 

Lisa playfully returns the smack before wrapping her arm around Jisoo’s shoulders, walking with her back to the dressing room,  “You knew it was me.”

 

“Not for the first split second, I didn’t,” Jisoo huffs.

 

“Then,” Lisa stops mid stride, “what gave me away before I spoke?”

 

The sweet smell that encompasses your entire being…

 

The warmth that your body radiates and wraps itself around me…

 

The tingles that shoot up my spine when I’m in your presence…

 

“It was just obvious,” Jisoo concludes.

 

“How so?” Lisa gives her a curious look.

 

“You’re the only one that dares to pick me up and swing me around like that,” she finishes. It’s not a lie, not even Chaeyoung nor Jennie have ever tried to pick her up and toss her around like Lisa does.

 

Lisa cracks a grin at that and strikes a pose, not unlike the way bodybuilders do when they want to show off their muscular biceps.

 

Jisoo laughs and smacks her again, more than amused by Lisa’s silly display,  “Stop that, let’s go,” she tugs at the younger girl’s arm and they continues on their way to the dressing room, “I can’t wait to get back home, today was exhausting.”

 

“Ah, I think you’re just getting old Jisoo-ya,” Lisa teases, garnering a glare from the smaller girl.

 

“That’s Jisoo unnie to you,” she points out, although not fully meaning it, then steps behind a screen divider to change back into more comfortable clothes.

 

“How can I call you Jisoo unnie when you’re so much shorter than me?” Lisa asks from just behind the divider.

 

“How does that even make sense?” Jisoo laughs while changing her top, “My height has nothing to do with my seniority over you,” she blindly tosses the discarded top in Lisa’s direction and unknowingly hits her right in the face.

 

Lisa takes one step back in surprise and removes the top from over her head, but not before getting a whiff of the older girl’s intoxicating smell and unsettling herself with the odd thoughts that flood her mind.

 

She shakes it off, neatly turning the frilly top so it isn’t inside out and putting it on a hanger on a nearby rack.

 

“First of all, ouch,” she takes a second to fix her ruffled bangs, “second of all, you already gave me the exclusive right to not call you that and it’s too late to take it back.”

 

Jisoo finally manages to slip on a comfortable pair of  shorts and steps out from behind the divisor with the skirt in her hands, “When exactly did that happen?” She pretends not to recall, although she knows exactly what Lisa is talking about.

 

“Years ago, unnie,” Lisa enunciates and gives her a mocking look.

 

“Hm,” Jisoo rights the skirt and hangs it next to the top on the rack, “I don’t recall.”

 

The playful glint in her eyes gives her away and Lisa huffs in pretend annoyance before a grin takes over her face at the same time as Jisoo’s facade cracks. Lisa steps forward and ruffles her hair, as if the older girl is a little kid, then hands over the latter’s shoes.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll be here to take care of my little MC Chu no matter how old and forgetful you get.”

 

She said “my,” a small voice inside Jisoo’s head swoons.

 

The smaller girl scoffs and swats Lisa’s hand away, “Little?”

 

Lisa hums and watches as Jisoo finds a chair to sit in and starts to put on her shoes, “Unless you prefer to be called mini or fun-sized, which,” she taps her chin in thought, “you are pretty fun-sized, especially considering how easy it is to pick you u-,”

 

“Shut up!” Jisoo takes off the second heel and throws it Lisa’s way, only for it to be caught mid air.

 

“Fun-sized and aggressive,” Lisa mumbles just loud enough for the older girl to hear, secretly enjoying every single reaction she gets from the brunette.

 

“Hey, girls,” Sang-won opens the door and pokes her head inside, “almost done yet?”

 

“Yes!” Jisoo jumps up from her spot after slipping on both her vans and quickly gathers her items before making her way out the door with Lisa and the manager.

 

Out of habit, Jisoo leans into Lisa as they walk side by side, her arm hooked around Lisa’s as they step out of the building.

 

They instantly hear the crowd of Blinks cheer and start waving their banners and offer up their gift bags. It’s still dayligh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter