Confessions

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sometimes, Chaeyoung wondered just how oblivious her groupmates were.

Sometimes, she wondered just how dense they all had to be not to notice their feelings for one another.

It was all so obvious, at least to her.

 

The way Lisa looked at Jennie, when the older girl was unaware, like she put the stars themselves in the skies above.

The way Jennie’s gaze followed Jisoo wherever she went, inexplicably attracted to her, like a magnet.

The way Jisoo pampered and tried to stay near Lisa while away from the public’s watchful eyes, away from the cameras capturing their every movement.

 

Chaeyoung knew what was happening.

She knew all along.

 

**

 

“So,” the emcee continues, “we asked the fans to send in one more question for you girls, ready?”

All four girls smile and nod.

“If you were a man,” he chuckles as his eyes skim over the rest of the question, “which one of your fellow group members would you rather date and why?”

The audience goes wild screaming ship names while the girls stand there in mild shock at the reaction.

“Let’s start from the eldest, shall we?” the emcee motions to Jisoo.

Jisoo doesn’t even stop to think for a second before she blurts out, “Lisa.”

Her confident façade instantly turns bashful when Lisa turns to her in surprise at the quick answer.

“And, why?” the emcee inquires.

Well,” Jisoo eyes Lisa up and down for a second, noting her exquisite figure and sparkling eyes, “she’s a great dancer, she’s funny, and she understands me even when I’m being crazy and weird…” she trails off, her eyes scanning the silent crowd.

“Plus, we both love chocolate and chicken!” she finishes off with her signature eye smile and the crowd erupts in laughter at her adorable personality.

Lisa extends her arm behind Chaeyoung and Jennie to give Jisoo a high-five, a large grin on her face.

Jennie quietly plasters a fake smile on her face and slips her arm around Jisoo’s, consciously bringing the older girl closer to herself.

“Well, who wouldn’t love chocolate?” the emcee laughs along with the crowd.

“You’d be surprised,” Jisoo answers and playfully glares at Jennie.

Jennie simply smiles at the older girl and elbows her side.

“And you, Jennie?”

The brunette, who had been busy stealing glances at Jisoo, snaps back into attention, “Sorry?”

“Who would you date?”

“Ah, well…,” Jennie looks around at her group members, her eyes once again unconsciously lingering on their eldest member before moving on to the others, “um…Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung, bashful as always, ducks her head, a small smile on her face.

“Because,” Jennie continues, “she has a beautiful voice and would probably serenade me whenever I asked. Oh, and she can make the best kimchi fried rice, how can I not pick her?”

“Hey, I can make kimchi fried rice, too!” Lisa jumps in.

“You can barely fry an egg without burning down our dorm,” Jennie says in jest, Lisa ducks her head in embarrassment at being exposed and the crowd erupts into laughter once more.

“So, she’s the member that can’t be trusted to be alone in the kitchen?”

The group assents while Lisa keeps mum.

“Seems every group has at least one person who is rather,” he takes a pause to contemplate on a word, “unlucky with their cooking skills.”

Lisa huffs and pouts.

Jisoo wishes she could be at her side.

Hold her hand.

Hug her.

Kiss that adorable little pout off her lips.

 

She lightly shakes her head and blinks the thought away.

 

What am I thinking? We’re on live TV. In front of a crowd.

A very large, slightly intimidating, crowd.

 

“What about you, Chaeyoung?”

“Hmm, I think,” Chaeyoung looks at the other girls and contemplates for a moment, “Jisoo unnie.”

“Ah, your fellow 4D member?”

Chaeyoung happily nods, “She’s the mood maker of the group, we’re always in a good mood when she’s around, if we dated I think I’d be happy twenty-four seven.”

“But I make you smile all the time too, Chaeyoungie.” Lisa wraps her arms around her fellow maknae.

“But you really, really can’t cook.” Chaeyoung complains.

Lisa releases a deep dramatic sigh and rests her head on Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

“Aish, why does it always go back to that?”

The host kindly muffles his laughter in expense of the orange haired girl.

“As you can see; cooking is something you should practice more often if you want your members to even consider dating you.”

“No, no, we don’t want our dorm to burn down!” Jennie flails her arms and makes an X in front of her.

“So, no cooking for Lisa?”

The members unanimously agree while Lisa pretends to be hurt at the declaration.

“What about you, Lisa, who would you date?”

“Oh, um,” Lisa glances at Chaeyoung and Jisoo before her gaze falls on Jennie and stays on her, just for a second too long, “I think…Jennie unnie.”

 

No one notices how Jisoo’s wide smile is suddenly a bit strained.

She shifts closer to Jennie’s side and pretends not to care.

Pretends to be happy.

 

“Really now?” The emcee jumps back in, “Why?”

“She’s y,” Lisa blurts out and immediately regrets not having filtered those words with some common sense.

She mentally facepalms.

She shouldn’t be saying such things.

Aloud.

On live TV.

In front of a crowd.

In front of Jennie.

 

The shorter girl merely smiles and waves off Lisa’s declaration like it’s no big deal.

“Lisa’s been touching me a lot lately, there’s a reason for that, right?” She grins and makes finger guns at the younger girl.

Lisa plays along and makes finger guns right back at her. She can feel the heat building up in her cheeks.

She noticed?

Was I too obvious?

 

The rest of the show, after their performance, is rather uneventful. The emcee asks the usual basic questions that they always get asked during promotions and wrap things up.

The girls, all exhausted from having so many schedules packed into one week, are ecstatic to be done with filming and heading back home.

Jennie climbs into the van first, shortly followed by Chaeyoung.

Lisa, who had been trying to catch up to the shorter brunette, lingers behind Chaeyoung and opts to sit in the middle, sitting in the back with the other two would be too cramped. Jisoo slips in right after Lisa and closes the door behind her, a heavy sigh leaving her lips.

“Finally,” she scoots closer to the younger girl and rests her head on her shoulder.

“I know,” Lisa chuckles and rests her own head against the brunette’s.

Unbeknownst to them both, sitting in the back seat, is a short brunette quietly glaring at the back of their heads.

That should be me.

 

**

 

“Hey, unnie, can I ask you something?” Lisa is standing by the threshold to her room.

“You just did.” Jisoo jibes.

“Not that.”

Lisa rolls her eyes and makes her way inside the room. Jisoo notes how she takes the precaution to close the door behind herself.

“What’s wrong?”

“I just,” Lisa seats herself on the edge of Jisoo’s bed and plays with her hands in her lap, “I need advice on something.”

Jisoo frowns, something deep in her gut twists.

She has a bad feeling about this.

“Okay…”

“Have you ever had feelings for someone?”

Jisoo’s eyes widen at the sudden, unexpected, question.

“W-why do you ask?”

“Have you?” Lisa turns her deep, penetrating gaze towards her and Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter