Eye-Contact

Peutin High: School E905

“The law states that if the net force is zero then the velocity of the object is constant.”

“Yeah right” she said quietly.

Her seatmate heard her and slightly hushed her, Rena was getting bored. She’s in her Physics class and her eyes were not cooperating as she finds the class boring. She tried to suppress a yawn but it is not working, her eyes were starting to get heavy.

Though she was known to be one of the hottest students in junior year, she is known to be a sleepy head in her class. Many wonders as to why Rena is always sleepy.

While she is deem as perfect, Rena is actually one of those students who strive hard to survive. Only her friends knew what she is up to everyday. She would take any part-time job there is in order to support her family. Yes, Rena is a working student and though she is a working student she makes sure that she won’t miss a single gig that Ecclesiastes will have.

She couldn’t fight her drowsiness anymore thus banging her head on her desk and drifting herself to sleep. She’s not the only one who was sleepy but also Eunwoo and Kyulkyung who were here classmate. Their chemistry professor was busy writing on the blackboard when she caught a glance of Rena who was currently in the dreamland.

“Kang Rena!” her professor shouted.

She got startled and lifted her head right away. She pretended that she was reading something but her eyes were still blurry and did not notice that the professor was already in front of her.

“Stand-up” her teacher commanded. Her teacher pointed her long stick to the board which Rena’s eyes followed but it was still blurry.

“How can you sleep in my class?”

“I’m sorry ma’am I lack sleep”

“Why?”

“I was studying”

Her teacher laughed with her response. It was true that Rena did not study but spent the night working her off.

“If you did study, then tell me about Newton’s Law of Motion”

Eunwoo and Kyulkyung shook their head as they thought Rena will be busted. Kyulkyung looked at her and mouthed what the heck she was thinking. Eunwoo was preparing herself to laugh.

Rena gulped the invisible lump on . Her classmates started to murmur things and their teacher was looking at her intensely, this will surely be news that will spread like a wild fire, Rena the hottest drummer of Peutin High was embarrassed in front of her class.

“It seems like, you don’t know anything about it, right?” her teacher said with a proud smirk on her face. She called another student and asked her the same question. It was A-Young, the bassist of their rival band.

A-Young recited the law of motion and her teacher gave a proud nod. The girl smirked at Rena and the latter just rolled her eyes.

“So…Kang Rena, can you tell me what did you study to fall asleep in my class? Did you even know what A-young just said?” challenge her teacher.

“Yes ma’am I know that”

“What how did you know that? When you can’t even answer teacher’s question?” A-young butts in.

“I know that what you said is the definition of Law of Motion and I know that our teacher was teaching about the three laws about it. The one she just wrote on the board” Rena paused pointing to the board.

“Was the first law which is also related to Inertia. Velocity is a vector quantity which expresses both the object's speed and the direction of its motion; therefore, the statement that the object's velocity is constant is a statement that both its speed and the direction of its motion are constant. The second law which will be discussed after that is a law that states that the rate of change of momentum of a body is directly proportional to the force applied, and this change in momentum takes place in the direction of the applied force. Then the third law, states that all forces between two objects exist in equal magnitude and opposite direction”

Kyulkyung and Eunwoo’s mouth are in agape once Rena finishes her speech. They didn’t know that their shortest friend has a wide knowledge in Physics. They then were a proud smirk when they saw A-young’s eyes widen in surprise. The class then started clapping and Rena smiled upon seeing the surprise on her teacher’s face.

“Quiet! I have to admit that was impressive. You may take your seat”

“Thank you”

“But that does not mean I am allowing you to sleep in my class”

Rena nodded. Her eyes meet A-young and she smirked at her. Eunwoo who was seating besides her gave her a high-five.

“You are such a smart-” Eunwoo whispered.

“Not like you” Rena teased.

The bell rings and that marked the end of their class. Rena stretched her arms and started to fix her things.

“You got so lucky there huh”

Rena looked up and saw A-young with her minions standing in front of her. Rena just shook her head and proceeded in fixing her things. This made A-young’s blood boil and asked one of her minions to go to Rena. The latter saw the girl approaching and about to snatch her bag but Rena was quick to twist her hand and the girl screamed in pain.

“Not so quick baby” Rena said while standing up.

“Cut it off Hwang A-young” Kyulkyung said, appearing from behind with Eunwoo.

Rena let go of the girl’s hand and warned them. She is not in the mood for a fight. She thanked Kyulkyung and Eunwoo.

“So, what’s with you?” Eunwoo asked.

“Nothing just that my sister is sick and I stayed all night looking out for her”

“Are you getting enough rest, Rena?” Kyulkyung asked.

“Yes, don’t worry about me”

“Okay, don’t work yourself too much. We know you are doing this for your family but you should take care of yourself too” Kyulkyung replied.

“Thanks Kyul, don’t worry”

They then exited their room to meet their other friends. They went to the cafeteria and saw Roa, Yuha, Sungyeon and Xiyeon waiting for them. Kyulkyung immediately sat beside Yuha and Eunwoo besides Sungyeon. Rena then greeted Xiyeon and sat beside the younger girl. She was still adjusting with Xiyeon’s presence.

“Why are you here princess?” Eunwoo questioned.

“Am I not welcome here?” Xiyeon replied.

“No no, I was just surprise”

“Roa unnie is baby-sitting her” Sungyeon answered.

“Shut-up! I’m not a baby”

“I can’t believe your sister is close with this girl” Eunwoo said.

“And I can’t believe that Roa has a sister” Yuha commented.

“What is more surprising is Roa unnie’s sister is a famous composer” Sungyeon added.

“Can you guys shut-up?” Roa said.

“Unnie, what happened to your arm?” Rena asked.

Roa just shrug her shoulders and Yuha smirked at her. Roa raised an eyebrow to her and the girl was threatened and just kept shut.

After eating, Rena excused herself to go somewhere. Her friends did not ask but Xiyeon wondered where she was going. Instead of asking she just watched her disappeared in her sight.

-0-

Xiyeon went to the coffee shop near her company’s place.  As a celebrity, she was not allowed to travel far from the company and needed to be accompanied by her manager or a staff from her company.

It was surprising that there were not a lot of people around her company’s building waiting for her. She was able to go to the shop without issues. She went to the cashier and stop on her tracks when she saw who was on the counter. It was Rena.

She sat on the corner with her staff and when she was asked as to what she would want she decided to order herself. She approached Rena and the older girl smiled at her widely. Xiyeon’s heart warms upon seeing Rena’s smile.

Xiyeon was starting to feel butterflies in her stomach and could not utter a word. She was starting to like Rena. She was starting to have a crush on her.

“Can I take your order?”

Xiyeon snapped back from daydreaming and gave her orders. She handed her card and she froze when Rena’s hand touch hers. She didn’t know what was happening but only Rena could make her feel like this.

Few minutes later, their orders were serve on their table and Xiyeon smiled upon seeing Rena putting their drinks on the table. She smiled at her and Xiyeon could not help but smile back.

“Would there be something else you would like to order?” Rena asked.

Xiyeon’s manager said no and shoo Rena away. Xiyeon rolled her eyes at her manager. They started to discuss something but Xiyeon’s eyes were somewhere else. She was constantly checking Rena out.

Her face would turn sour upon seeing some girls being too friendly with Rena. She does not like the idea that Rena would be so friendly to others. She then saw one girl holding Rena’s hand and she grinded her teeth with annoyance.

“” Xiyeon uttered.

“What?” her manager asked.

“Uhm, nothing continue please”

Time had passed and the store was about to close. Xiyeon and her staff exited the store and she could not help but look at Rena who was busy cleaning. Their eyes meet and Xiyeon felt  an invisible electricity went through her eyes. She bade her goodbye.

Xiyeon saw Rena exiting the store and seems like she was ready to go home. She suddenly saw Rena running trying to get a taxi. Rena looked so worried and this spike up Xiyeon’s curiosity. She doesn’t know what was happening but she felt like she need to help the troubled Rena.

She asked one of her staff to get the car and drive to where Rena was. They stopped in front of the troubled girl and she was startled Rena who got startled.

“Need a ride? Hope in”

“No thanks, I can manage”

“It seems like this is an emergency situation and you might have a hard time to get a taxi”

Rena shook her head and hopped in Xiyeon’s car. The two were just quiet but Xiyeon noticed that Rena was really worried. She does not know how to approach and when she was about to speak, Rena’s phone rang.

“I’m on the way, please tell her to hold on”

Xiyeon thought that whoever that girl is must be very important to Rena. She pouted in the idea that it might be Rena’s girlfriend.

They reach the place and Xiyeon was surprised to see where they are. A hospital. Rena ran towards the counter.

“Kang Mina”

The nurse pointed the room where the girl was and Rena wasted no time and run towards the room. Xiyeon asked the counter who that was and was surprised with the information she got.

Xiyeon put her phone out and called Roa.  She then walked towards the room where Rena was. There she sees a middle aged woman and a kid on the bed. She saw Rena sitting on the edge of the bed and holding the young girl’s hand.

“Who is she?” the kid asked.

“Ah, that’s Xiyeon, unnie’s friend”

Xiyeon sat on the other side of the bed and joined Rena in taking care of the kid. The entire time that she was there she was just watching Rena takes care of her little sister. She then realized that she was the reason why Rena was doing a part-time job. Rena looked so cool in school but such a softie for her sister. She didn’t see this side of her until today.

-------0-------

A/N: Finally got the chance to update this! Yes, I did not forgot about this, it is just that my other two fics were nearing its end and the flow of ideas where there. This is my main fic and I promise not to publish any other fic besides from the 3 other fic that are on-going (might do one if there are special occassions). Anyways, the pairings are being revealed one by one and I thought that would help me organize this fic more. I didn't know what is on my mind that I decided to do a 19 characters fic. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this little XiRe here. Maybe I should include a poll as to whose pairing I should write next