Chapter 4

Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                

 

“Good morning.....” I said and carry my tray of food to Jungkook, Jimin and Tae Hyung's table. They welcome me with big smile on their face.

“Good morning.... do you sleep well?” Jimin asked.

“Yes.” I said and look at Jungkook. After talk with him last night, I feel much better but I can’t stop think about Black Morgan. Who is he or what is Black Morgan? I know I can’t get Jungkook or any of my friend involve in this quest. They may hurt if they come with me. I have to do it alone but how?

The whole day I try to think a way out and then I saw Yoongi and Ho Seok. Jungkook, Jimin and Tae Hyung can’t know about this matter. I have to work in secret and only then I could know the secret behind why they kidnapped me that night. I can’t let that man died for nothing. At least I bring justice for him and that girl. Poor that girl, she died but nobody know about her. Maybe her family waiting for her too just like how Jungkook, Jimin and Tae Hyung waiting for me. I also need to remember sooner so I could help them.

After class, I go to the library so I could get away from 3 of them. I wait for the right moment until I saw Ho Seok walk in front of the library building, he going to the basketball court. I run toward him.

“Hello....” I said and he just smiles at me.

“Hello.”

“Ho Seok-ah.... I need your favour.” I said and he looks at me. He stop walking and look around us. He waits for my next words.

“Who is my grandfather? No wrong question. Who is Chairman Park? Why you said he is not the person I think of? Is he has anything to do with the men who’s kidnapped me that night?” I asked. I saw he looks calm and then he look at me in the eyes.

“Ae Ra-ah.... I think I should call you Ae Ra from now on.”

“Sure.”

“That night we saw Mr. Nam looking for a girl not far from the warehouse but we not sure is he looking for you or another girl...... His presence there is enough to bring suspicious and then where is the real Hillary Park?”

“The girl, the one who died as Goo Ae Ra? Who is she? Don’t you ask anyone to match her DNA with Hillary Park?”

“We don’t have Hillary Park DNA and it impossible for us to do the test.”

“So that makes you all suspicious at him.....” I said understand them.

“Can I ask something from you?”

“Sure.” He said and I smile sweetly at him.

“I don’t like that smile.” He said and I just giggle.

When the night comes, I go jump over the gate and wait for Ho Seok.

“Ae Ra....” I hear someone called me in the dark. He reveal himself and I just smile happy to see him there.

“Min Yoongi. You’re already here.” I said makes him smirk too. Lolly pop in his mouth and he pull it out so he could talk with me comfortable.

“Looking at you like now make me remember our old days.” He said like he really happy to reminiscent the old days where we spend together. But pity I still can’t remember anything.

“I’m here.” Ho Seok said and he tidy up his clothes after he jump over the gate.

“Let’s go.” I said. We get in Ho Seok’s car.

“Where are we going?” Ho Seok asked after he start the engine.

“Nam Joon and Jin.” I said makes Yoongi and Ho Seok smile. They can guess there is plan in my mind. 5 of us meet at the billiard where Nam Joon and Jin always hang out.

“What is your plan?” Jin asked makes Nam Joon smile.

“Are you ready to hear my order?” I asked makes both of them nods.

“This make me excited and remember our old days.” Nam Joon said.

“I’m ready.” Jin said.

“Both of you follow Chairman Park and Mr. Nam. And write every move they makes, who they meet and where.” I said.

“We already do that.” Ho Seok said.

“That time you don’t have me....” I said makes Yoongi smile then nod.

“Correct. No matter who they met we don’t know who they are?” Yoongi said.

“Only I could check the identity the person they meet. Maybe one of the men he meet is our next clue. Yoongi-ah, who is your leader?” I asked. Yoongi take his phone out and show the man picture to me. I remember him. He’s the one who killed the young man next to me that night.

“I know him..... He killed the man that night.” I said makes all of them look at me.

“Are you sure?” Yoongi asked.

“Yes. I remember what happen that night but it’s not perfect. It’s like are incomplete puzzles.” I said.

“So he might know the real leader is....”

“I’m sure he know, that why he know I still alive. Only I know where the thing that they want and I hope I can remember soon too so I could finish this case.”

“What happen to you that night?” Jin asked. I look at his face then look to each one of them. I smile bitterly.

“I don’t remember much what happen before that night. What I remember I saw Yoongi leader stand next to leader. He asked me about their thing but I don’t know. The man who died that night said I have it and he seem know me too. Next I remember is I walked out from the warehouse after making promise with Jungkook to come back for him but I don't see anyone on the street until I saw a car come toward me so I just stand there to stop their car. When I wake up, it’s already a month pass and I don’t even remember anything including myself. So Chairman Park gave me the new identity and then he send me to US so I could focus on my health. Then you know the rest what happen.” I said makes Ho Seok nod.

“In US what you do?” Nam Joon asked makes me think back my lonely day.

“Not much. I go to school, therapy and training.”

“Training?”

“I learn Taekwondo and few more martial arts.” I said makes Yoongi smile.

“So you can defence yourself now.” Yoongi said makes me smile shyly.

“Not much but at least.....” I said makes them scoff at me. We talks for a few more minutes before we leave.

“Remember don’t tell Jungkook, Jimin and Tae Hyung about this plan and you too Ho Seok. After tonight, I won’t take you with us anymore.” I said makes Ho Seok surprise. His big eyes more round when he surprise.

“Wae?”

“I don’t want you get involve. 4 of us is enough and we know what we should do. I don’t want to see any of you hurt including 3 of you too. Please be careful.” I said and look at them one by one.

“We know what we doing.” Jin said.

3 of us go back to the school and then we just take our own way like we never met. I sit down at the soccer field for a while. I check the time on my watch and it just pass 2.30 Am. If teacher night duty found me here I could get another punishment but sit out like tonight make me think. What will I do after I found my memory? Where 4 of us will go from then on? Before I could be free, I must claim my identity back and to do it I must found out who is the dead girl. Another mystery, I don’t remember seen any girl that night. Who is she? Is she someone that dead man know? Who is that man? Another missing puzzles.

“What are you doing here?” I hear Jimin voice so I just smile. There is no need for me to turn to check on him. He take a seat next to me.

“Can’t sleep?”

“Yes, too many things in my head.” I said makes Jimin smile.

“Do you mind to share with me?”

“You want to hear?”

“Sure.”

“What 3 of you do after I gone?” I asked and look at Jimin. Smile on his face slowly faded away. I could guess from his face it’s not a good one. It must be hard for them since I gone so suddenly.

“Nothing was easy but we slowly to adapt it. At first we move from our house and then stay for a few months before we go to this school. Then Jungkook and Tae Hyung afraid if some day you might come looking for us to our house and saw we are not there. That makes Jungkook and Tae Hyung agree to rent the house again so I agree with them. Jungkook never stop looking for you even if we keep telling him, you’re dead already.”

“What make you change your mind?”

“Yoongi found new lead. It was a CCTV from that night. Ho Seok recognizes Mr. Nam so we start to dig in and found that you left the country 4 months after that night. Yoongi and Jungkook believe you’re still alive because the gang still looking for you too..... Ae Ra-ah, what will you do after you remember everything?”

“I’m not sure but I want to claim my identity back.” I said then we heard someone walking behind us. Both of us check and saw the teacher on night duty was walking while holding his torchlight. Jimin hold my hand we both go down the stair. We looking a place to hide but only had a tree. Jimin pull me and make me stand in front of him while lean on the tree. I look at my side to check on the teacher if he walked past us or not. When he shine his torchlight on our way, Jimin stand more close to me so he could fit in too. When the teacher walk away, we both leave out a sigh of relieve. I look up and saw how close Jimin with me but I just smile at him.

“Just like how we used to play hide and seek.....” I said and the memory also comes to me naturally. I take a step away from him but suddenly Jimin hold my hand.

“Ae Ra-ah..... do you miss us maybe?” He asked and I look at him once again.

“Even though I don’t remember you, Jungkook and Tae Hyung but deep inside I felt empty. When I come here and saw 3 of you weirdly I feel happy but I still feel nervous about the true identity of you. Are you on my side or......”

“It’s not about 4 of us but us, you and me?” Jimin asked makes me don’t understand. Is there something between of us?

“Is there something that I promise to you?” I asked but slowly Jimin shake his head and slowly too he let my hand go.

“There is no promise between us but we do promise to live together forever.” Jimin said. I don’t understand why his face expression looks so painful like it hurt him. Is there really something that I forget?

“You and me?”

“No, 4 f us.” He said and smile. I can see his fake smile once again. His lips curve to smile but his eyes look sad.

“Jimin-ah.....Is there.....”

“It’s getting more late. We should catch some sleep or tomorrow difficult for us to stay awake.” Jimin said and begin to walk away from me. I still stand there watching his back slowly walked away from me.

“Ae Ra-ah, Palli.....” He said and smiles once again. This time he smiles genuinely.

“Wait for me....”I said and jog a bit to walk by his side. He put his arms around my shoulder like he always did. I’m one of his buddy after all.

Weekend is here so I go back to my grandfather house. I will meet Nam Joon and Jin at Ho Seok place so no one can see us. I have a lunch with my grandfather before he going out and then I just stay in my room. I change my clothes and carry my bag pack. I go to the shopping mall and check my sounding just to check if someone might following me before I slip to the parking. I looking for my favour that I asked from Ho Seok and then I saw the licence plate that he text me. I smile in satisfaction. The car he prepare for me really suit my taste a medium size black car. I search for the key under the tyre and found it. I drive it slowly to the Ho Seok’s place.

“Ok. What you found out?” I asked when I saw all of them there but to my surprise all 7 of them there. I stand freeze at my spot. Jungkook, Jimin and Tae Hyung look at me with dissatisfaction face. Oh no, they found me. That’s what I think. Slowly I sit down on the empty spot without saying anything.

“What are you thinking about? You dare to left us out?” Jimin said and he the first to voice out his upset. I don’t dare to look at him so I just look at my shoes then looks at Yoongi but he avoid my eyes contact. I don’t like if Jungkook, Jimin or Tae Hyung upset at me, their wrath is frightening.

“Don’t look at other.....”Jungkook said make me look at him then I look at Tae Hyung. The happy Tae Hyung also not smiling anymore.

“I don’t......”

“Don’t give me excuses.” Tae Hyung snap makes me bit my lips.

“Sorry....” I said then look at Nam Joon and Jin. They also seem don’t want to help me.

“Don’t ask for help....” Jungkook said again. I left out a deep sigh and take my bag off.

“Ok. What you want?” I said slowly almost couldn’t hear my voice.

“We will involve in everything.” Jimin said then I look at him.

“Don’t argue with us. If you’re in we will in too.” Jungkook said and Tae Hyung nod his head, agree with Jungkook. I look at them one by one. I already saw someone died in front of my eyes and I hope I don’t see it again. I will say yes but I will hide the information from them. If I can I want to do this all alone.

“Ok....tell me what you have.” I said to all of them. Nam Joon and Jin show us what they found while they following Chairman Park and Mr. Nam. Then Yoongi show his leader movement too. I will check the place for myself later. I don’t want to discuss more while Jungkook, Jimin, Tae Hyung and Ho Seok were there. I want they have very limited information about this case. After the meeting, I follow Jungkook, Jimin and Tae Hyung to come home.

Standing there after I remember a bit make me feel something. Finally I’m here, home. I look at the bench at the balcony then I walk in to check every corner of the place. I almost cried finally I found a place that I’d belong. Slowly the memory I have come to me like what we do dinner time or how messy is the house if I take in charge of dinner. I smile then I look at them one by one.

“I want to come home faster......” I said and then my tears fall makes Tae Hyung sniffing too.

“Then come faster.” Jungkook said makes me smile.

“After I finish what I’ve started.” I said and sit down on the sofa where 4 of us always fighting to sit on. I remember back when that night I follow Jungkook home and I help him to treat his wound. That night I don’t even remember this place. How silly I was.

“You can come home now if you want too.” Jimin said.

“No, I can’t. I must finish it because I need to know something.” I said. I think they already know what I think because no one saying anything.

After having dinner with them, I go but I don’t go home. I need to check one place first the place where Yoongi’s leader always go. I change my clothes in the car and wears cap so I could cover my face. I go in the club and looking every corner for him. I saw he was talking with a girl then he walk toward a back door so I follow him too. I open the door slowly and check if it save for me to go out then I’m out and saw he was talking with someone at the end of the alley. It’s a bit dark but thanks to the light street I could see him a bit. He was wearing a leather pants with long black coat. He wearing cap too so I can’t see his face. I wish I could go more closer to them so I can hear what they say but I can’t do it so I just stand there watching them from far. After talk for a few minute they walked to different direction and get in the car. I left out a deep sigh. It’s wasted. I look around the back alley and saw scribbles on the wall. Suddenly my head pounding hard and I have to hold the wall to balance myself.

“You have to help me.... Please.” I heard a girl voice.

“Hold this for me and I will come to get it back from you.” She said it again. I saw her face and she maybe around my age too. She looks a bit hurt but she still manage to hold on me very tight.

“Rory, what is this?”

“He will......” We both hear a footstep at the end of the alley.

“Remember Black Morgan.” She said and run. I also run away from that alley.

I suddenly remember something but who is Rory? No one ever said about Rory. Am I the only person know her? Where I want to find her? I go inside the club and look around. The alley is different, where is that place? I saw no one that I might know so I just walk out from the club suddenly at the entrance someone stopping me.

“Are you Goo Ae Ra?” Someone asked me so I pull my cap more down to cover my face more. I turn to face him but I don't remember him.

“Black Morgan.” He whisper into my ear and then he looks around.

“Follow me.” He said and holds my hand. It’s not too tight or too loose. I see him like he really know me but I still need to be careful since I don’t who he is. He make me lean on the wall and he put his hand on the wall. Then he look around and then he act like we were couple.

“Do you have it?” He asked me while he stand very close to me so I could hear him clearly. I could smell his cologne mix with sweat and it smell masculine.

“Who are you?” I asked then he looks at me in the eyes. He looks confused.

“I’m Bang Yongguk.”

“Yongguk?”

“Yah!! Don’t play jokes on me.” He said and he looks serious.

“I’m sorry. I think you got wrong person.” I said and walk away but he manage to grab my wrist.

“Rory.... Did she gave something to you.” He asked then I look at him but I can’t trust him. How could I know if he on my side or foe?

“Sorry. I don’t know what you talking about.” I said and pull my hand in his. He grab my hand once again and put a card in my hand then he walk away. I saw he walk out from the main entrance. Not long after that I also out from the club.

I almost jump when I saw how late it is. My grandfather will angry at me. I park the car very near with my grandfather house and then get a taxi to go back home. As I already predict, the minute I open the door, I saw my grandfather sit down at the sofa. Read his book.

“Where are you going?” He asked and put the book down. I walk more closer to him but I still standing.

“Club....” I said makes he look at me with surprise and stand up.

“Club? You’re still underage.....”

“Yes, I know but I want to find out about something.”

“What is it until you need to go in the club?”

“Hillary Park. Is she real? She’s really your granddaughter?” I asked makes My grandfather expression change from upset to bitter.

“Do you remember something?”

“Tell me about Hillary and why Haraboji at that place that night?” I asked makes he sit down back.

“I guess it’s time for me to tell you.” He said.

“Please tell me.” I said and take a seat next to him. He look at me then hold my hand.

“Hillary same age with you. She like to dance and very lively girl. One day, she comes home in drunk. I’m very angry because she never drink before and she still underage. The next day I asked her but she told me she never drinks and she don’t remember what she did last night too. A few days later Hillary looks different and she go out with her friend that night too. Once again she comes home in drunk state. Since that day she change so much. She not the Hillary I know this time. She not happy anymore and she always lock herself in the room. She don’t go out anymore but she look so pale like she sick. Then she asked me to help her but I don’t believe her....”

“What she asked?”

“She said someone put drug in her drink but she don’t know who did it. She never drink when she go out with her friend too but someone in their circle did it. That what she think but I don’t believe and I accuse her that it just a reason she did to have money from me. Hillary become addicted but I do nothing to help her. I just want to send her to the rehab but she said she must know who did this to her. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter