JIMIN POV

Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                       

 

3 YEARS AGO

That night after dinner, we all doing our own homework and I keep looking at Ae Ra. She seem restless like she has something in her mind. I wonder what. I want to ask her but I know Ae Ra too well. She won’t tell unless she the one that open her mind. She mature than her own age, the way she thinking. She maybe the only girl in this house but between me and Jungkook, she’s like our own sister since we grow up together. That’s what I’m thinks but the way Jungkook treat her is a bit different. I can see it because I’m a man too. I look at Jungkook and he’s also looking at Ae Ra. I know this 2 too well. 


“Tae, I’m going to bed first.” I said and Tae just nod. He still do his math homework. I just smile looking at his puzzled face. Tae Hyung is a very unique friend but he a warm and very caring friend too. I wonder how Ae Ra see him at first and what make she take Tae Hyung home with her. I wonder how Ae Ra could trust him completely and now he living with us like our brother too.


“Ahhhh...I hate math.” Tae Hyung exploded while scratching his head. His hair is messy and I just smile at him. Ae Ra come to him and patiently teach him until he complete his homework. He lies next to me after he pack his bag for tomorrow. Ae Ra also closed her book and lay down on her own bed. Our house only have 1 room so, Ae Ra using the room all by herself but she always open her door because she don’t like being alone. Jungkook laying next to Tae Hyung after he done with his. 


That night is a bit hot and it difficult for me to fall asleep but I force myself to sleep while Tae Hyung sleep soundly. He always lost his pillow and then hug me or Jungkook all night. It make both of us more hot. I turn to check on Jungkook but he’s not at his bed. I go out just to check on him but I saw Jungkook with Ae Ra at outside. 


“Kookie-ah, if something happens to me one day..... will you give up on me?” I heard Ae Ra asked Jungkook but he just smile. I also think this question a bit ridiculous. What Ae Ra trying to asked actually.


“What kind of question is this?” Jungkook asked. He asked the same question I think of.


“Well no one know what will happen in future.....” Well that so likes Ae Ra. Always worry about future. 


“If that happen to you, I will turn this world upside down just to find you. But you must promise you have to stay well and healthy....”


“Wae?”


“If you’re dead, how I want to find you.” For Jungkook this kind of question is no need for him to think seriously but I can see something in Ae Ra. She worry about something. Is this question has something to do with her worry. 


“Is that answer you want to hear?” Jungkook asked again and I can see he's teasing her.


“Yes. I’m happy with that answer.” Ae Ra said and turns to face him. Ae Ra smile is the most addictive thing to see. She seem relax after that question. Jungkook put his hand out and offer a arm pillow to her and she gladly accept it. They stay like that for a while and I don’t want to disturb their sweet time together. From what I see Ae Ra definitely has the same feeling with Jungkook.


“Jimin-ah, where are you going?” Tae Hyung asked while rub his sleepy eyes.


“Out for a bit. Too hot.” I answer and let him go back to sleep. 


The next day, after class Jungkook, Tae Hyung and I go to our part time job together but Ae Ra not going to work today because she a bit sick. I try to go back early but the restaurant full with people so difficult for me to go. Jungkook call me said he can go back early so I feel a bit relief. I just continue with my work like normal. Tae Hyung come to my work place to come home together. 


“Jungkook-ah, why you don’t closed the door?” I said from outside. As we step in the house, we feel a bit surprise how messy was the house. I can see the trace Ae Ra doing at the kitchen. She must be preparing to cook dinner for us. Water still runs at the sink.


“Ae Ra-ah!!!” Tae Hyung called. I already feel something is not right. No matter how clumsy Ae Ra was, she never left water on like that and let the kitchen in a mess. Ae Ra hate messy house. She will nag us nonstop.


“Jungkook-ah!!! Where are both of you?” I called then Tae Hyung call Jungkook’s phone but we heard it at the outside. 


“Jimin-ah, did something happen?” Tae Hyung start to feel worry but I try to stay calm.


“It’s nothing. We just keep call both of them.” I said but I can’t stop worry about both of them. I call Ae Ra phone but it off. We both can’t sit still even the TV program fail to attract our attention. It’s our favourite show but my mind keeps thinking about this 2. Tae Hyung fall asleep at the sofa and I fall asleep while lean on the sofa. It’s around 4Am when Jungkook call me.


“Jimin-ah.... Did Ae Ra come home?” He asked. His voice sound so shaky like he was running.


“Jungkook-ah, are you alright? What did happen?” I asked.


“I’m fine.....but Ae Ra.... Jimin-ah.... Ae Ra....” He said and I can hear him crying. He din't run. Did something happen to Ae Ra? I’m so confused and worry.


“Tell me where you are?” I asked and he tell me.


 Tae Hyung and I go to the place and it a bit far. When we arrive the sun already shines bright. I saw so many policemen walk around the remains building. I could smell the smoke and ashes flew because of wind blow. I saw Jungkook sit down looking lost.


“Jungkook-ah....” I called and he look up to me. 


“Why are you here? Where is Ae Ra?” I asked.


“Are you ok?” Tae Hyung asked right after me. Tae Hyung looked around but he didn’t see Ae Ra. Looking at Jungkook like this makes me more worry.


“I don’t know where Ae Ra go.” He said.


“Are you Goo Ae Ra’s friend?” Someone come to us.


“Yes and you are...?”


“Kim Nam Joon and this is my friend Kim Seok Jin.”


“We believe Ae Ra missing.” Jin said but it just making me feels worse. Tae Hyung hold my arms then looks at Jungkook. Jungkook nods.


“What is really happening? Jungkook-ah....Why Ae Ra missing? She’s with us yesterday. Did something happen while we were not home?” I asked and Jungkook nod once again. I felt my knees weak and I just take a seat next to Jungkook. I looked up at Tae Hyung and he already start crying. I feel hard to breath but then Jungkook hold my hand.


“I asked her to run.....If I know this will happen I will run together with her.” He said while crying. If I feel worse and heartbroken, how much more it pain Jungkook? He must be feel more hurt than me. Only then I saw he hurt his hand and his face had a blue black. He must be trying to do something to protect her.


“Jungkook-ah, we will find her together. Ae Ra a strong girl and never give up. We will find her.” I said to comfort him but actually I try to comfort myself. Tae Hyung hug both of us. 


Jungkook come home with us and he washed himself. We let him sleep for a while me and Tae Hyung clean up the house.  That afternoon police called us and we run to the police station. They told us the blood they found on the road is match with the Ae Ra’s DNA. They also found female bodies under the remains. They do an autopsy first and they will tell us the result soon. My heart keeps getting heavier and broken but I try to stay strong and calm. Watch Jungkook in pain more crucial for me. He totally blames himself for what happen to Ae Ra. I don’t know what happen to them last night and I never had a chance to ask him. The bad news keeps coming and we never had a chance to put our mind to rest. We don’t have any appetite to eat, too tired but can’t fall asleep. Tae Hyung, me and Jungkook don’t even know what should we do. Our world seems collapse in instant. 


The next day police called us and we come to the station to listen what will they told us. Nam Joon and Jin also come with one more their friend, Min Yoongi. 6 of us stand there calmly listen to his explaining. 


“The body we found match with Goo Ae Ra.” He said. Once again my hope been shattering. 


 “Maldo andwae.... it can’t be Ae Ra.” Jungkook said.


“I want to check the body myself.” Yoongi said.


“The body beyond recognize. I think you better don’t see it.” The policeman said.


“I want to see her.” Jungkook insist and stand behind Yoongi. With a heavy sigh the policemen nod.


“Ok.”


I just watch both of them walk toward the room. I want to come along but this feeling is too much for me to handle. 4 of us just seat at the outside waiting for them to come out. When Jungkook and Yoongi come out they just stay quiet until the policemen go back to his place leaving 6 of us.


“She’s not Ae Ra.” Yoongi breaks the silent between us. 


“If she’s not Ae Ra why the DNA match with Ae Ra?” Nam Joon asked.


“I don’t know.” Jungkook said.


“You think like that too?” I asked Jungkook and he nod. I believe Jungkook. He can recognize Ae Ra no matter what. 


“We will wait for police to find Ae Ra.” Yoongi said and with that we go back home. I can breath and hoping that Ae Ra still alive and safe somewhere out there. 


A week past in blink of eyes it a painful waiting. Jungkook don’t rely on police only and he keep coming to the scene to find Ae Ra trace. He work with Yoongi, Nam Joon and Jin to find Ae Ra. It’s not that I don’t care or worry about Ae Ra but someone in this house must do all the work so we could live. See Jungkook lost and only think about Ae Ra day and night really painful. He don’t even think about himself. No matter rain or shine he will go out early and comeback very late at night. For a week he keep doing like that until the police put a stop looking for Ae Ra and declare she is dead. Jungkook don’t even budge on his believing. Tae Hyung and I do the funeral for Ae Ra properly. I don’t even know what to believe. Police told us the body match with Ae Ra DNA but Jungkook saying the opposite. 


“Jungkook-ah.....” I called Jungkook when he come back home very late at night. He seem tired and lifeless. 


“Jimin-ah, what you do at outside? Why you’re not sleeping?” He asked and sit next to me.


“I think we should move from here.....” I said and Jungkook surprise with my proposal.


“What are you talking about?”


“It’s already a month Ae Ra left us. I think it’s time for us to move on.”


“Jimin-ah.... She’s not Ae Ra. How many times do I have to tell you?” He said frustrated with me. I also feel the same toward him. 


“She’s dead, Jungkook!!!”


“NO!!!” Jungkook said and grab my shirt collar.


“She’s promise to come back.”


“Jungkook-ah just moved on!!!”


“She’s out there waiting for me to save her.” Jungkook said. I push his hand go from my collar and punch him once.


“Face the reality, Jungkook. I feel sad and heartbroken too but please.... looked at yourself. Is this what Ae Ra want to see from you?” I said and Jungkook cried again.

 
“She’s promise.....” He said once again and wiped his tears. I cried with him too because I know how much it pain us. We know each other almost all our life and we only have each other to rely on. 


The next month, we move from that house to another place. Jungkook start to attend school like normal but he lost his smile. He always alone and live a life like a machine. He repeated his scheduled day after day. I know he is dying deep inside. Tae Hyung and I try our best to help him to come back to olds him but it will take time. After a few months after that, we decide to attend a boarding school just to change. 3 of us still staying at the same room but here Jungkook start to behave different once again.


“I found Ae Ra’s trace.” Jungkook said one day. I feel so surprise and dying to hear him more.


“What is it?” I asked. Is this a hope for us?


“Ae Ra is still alive. The people who’s kidnapped her that night still looking for her.” Jungkook said.


 This is the first time I heard from Jungkook and learn the truth about that night. More shocking news comes to us. Ae Ra actually working side by side with police to catch a big drug syndicate group. I never thought a girl like Ae Ra could involve with something so scary like this. I wonder how she could involve. Together with Jungkook, Nam Joon, Jin, Yoongi and Tae Hyung we do our best to find Ae Ra. Then Jungkook been caught by Jung Ho Seok and since then 7 of us work side by side to find Ae Ra.


“I found a small shop not far from the main street and it on the way to the warehouse. There is one man looking for a girl but the shop owner never saw her.” Yoongi said. We meet at our own place. The only place for us to gather and shared our information. 


“Do they have his picture?” Ho Seok asked.


“They have CCTV.” Yoongi said and show it at his phone. All of us see the CCTV but we never saw this man including Jungkook. 


“The girl she looking for is it Ae Ra?” Jungkook asked this time.


“No. I show Ae Ra picture to them but they never saw her and the picture different too.”


“Can I see that man face once again?” Ho Seok said and think.

 
“I think I know this man.” Ho Seok said and all of us look at him.


“Who is he?”


“I will tell you after I confirm.” Ho Seok said and then we leave the place.


 Sometime this is where we spend our night together and sometimes we spend our weekend here too. Because of Ae Ra we all saw the different side of the world too. All of this time we saw the beauty of this world and now we saw the hell in earth. Because of Ae Ra too, we all learn to fight and defend ourselves. We become very good in acting and move in the darkness too. To move around without making ourselves stand out among the student is a skill too. We also act like we never be close and like we are totally stranger. Yoongi and Ho Seok always stay alone and be friend with their own classmate or club. While Tae Hyung, Jungkook and me always stay together in class or doing anything. Nam Joon and Jin stay together and work outside the school every time and be our eyes and ear too.


“I know who that man....” Ho Seok said the following week.


“Who?”


“He is Chairman Park secretary. More accurate, he is Chairman Park right hand, Mr. Nam. But recently I don’t saw him around Chairman Park. He has different man now. I wonder where he is.” Ho Seok said.


“I can check that.” Yoongi said.


“Ok.” We all said.


The following week, Yoongi left a message at the library. We have our own way to change message too. We don’t use phone because it left trace so we used old way. The last shelves in the library where Tae Hyung always borrow book and under the shelves is where we left it. Tae Hyung always go to the library after class so he will check it. 


“Mr. Nam left the country with Chairman Park, granddaughter, Hillary Park. 4 months after Ae Ra been missing.” I read the message and pass it to Jungko

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter