Chapter 2

Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                        

 

Coming back to Grandpa’s home make me feel so calm and relax. I don’t need to stay on my toes every minute and alert all the time. Here I just drop everything and put my guard down. I have a simple lunch on the way home with Mr. Nam and now I just want to sleep. I lay down on my sofa suddenly I heard knocking on my door.


“Miss Park, Chairman Park wants to have dinner with you tonight. He already choose a dress for you.” Mr. Nam said right after I open the door for him. he stay outside of my room while inform me.


“Dress?” I asked then Mr. Nam point a big box on my bed.


“Ok....” I said and close the door after Mr. Nam left. I continue back laying down on my sofa. My sofa is the best in this room. It’s hardly for me to sleep on bed. I felt more comfortable sleep on sofa. I take out the picture in my notebook and looking at the two boys face.


“Are you doing well? Do you wait for me? Are you Jungkook and Jimin? Do you know who am I?” I said like the picture could answer my question. Then I put it on my chest. I just close my eyes and let the slumber come.

 
I walk into the restaurant wearing something else. Formal dress is not my style. I look like an old lady. I just wearing black jeans with white shirt under black jacket and match it with white sneaker. I know Grandpa is not fond with my style but I'm comfortable like this. When I come Grandpa already arrive and waiting for me. He seem not happy with my style but he still welcome me.


“Did you wait long for me?”


“No, I just come.” He said and we both sit down and waiter helps me to seated.


“Are you invited another guess?” I asked when I saw another set of cutleries. 


“Yes.” He said but he let me to order my drink first. We just talks about anything while waiting for his guess to come.


“Good evening..... Sorry, I’m a bit late.”  Jung Ho Seok said. I'm a bit surprise because he also going to the same school with me too. Is he Grandpa’s informer?


“Hillary meet Jung Ho Seok son of Mr. Jung from Jung Corporation, my business partner.” Grandpa introduced us. 


“Hello Hillary. I heard a lot about you.” He said and put out his hand for shake hand.


“Hello nice to meet you.” I said and shake his hand. His eyes never leave me and his smile reminds me of Jimin. He’s also a friend of Jungkook and Jimin too. Who are they? Who is Grandpa? I look at Ho Seok then to Grandpa. Is this a puzzle that I need to resolve too?


“How school for you so far?” Ho Seok asked after he put a slice of steak in his mouth.


“So far ok.” I answer but I still can’t hide how uneasy I am. I feel like he trying to study my reaction.


“Is it difficult for you to adjust here after living so long at overseas?” He asked again but I keep looking at his face. I want to find sincerity in him. All the questions he asked me so far like it just to confirm it. What the point he asking it if he already knew? I’m try to be patient until he ask the real question but I’m a bit impatient.


“I’m sorry..... I forget that I promise to meet someone else.” I said and put down my cutlery and napkin.


“Where are you going?” Grandpa asked.


“I’m so sorry..... I will meet you later at home.” I said and grab my purse. I just leave the restaurant before I have indigestion. I take out the name card Tae Hyung gave me and tell the taxi driver where I want to go. I also trying to call him but he don’t pick up his phone. When I arrive at the place, I need to walk for a bit. The street a bit dark and empty but there is nothing unusual about this place. So I just continue walking down the street.


I saw a few car parks in front of the building but I’m not sure if it the same building Tae Hyung told me. I keep walking until someone drag me out from the street and close my mouth with his hand. I try to fight back but his grip on me very strong. I could smell his scent mix with sweat.


“Keep quiet if you want to live understand?” He said and I nod. I’d heard this voice before but where? He turn me around but his hand still on my lips. I’m a bit surprise when I saw it was Jungkook. His face has a fresh wound like he just fights with someone. Corner of his lips has blood, his bridge nose and his cheek also has scratch. He frown while he put his other hand on his stomach.


 “What are you doing here?” He asked with heavy breath.


“Are you hurt?” I asked but I didn’t hear his answer when we heard someone walked toward us. Jungkook grab my hand to move more inside the dark alley. The space so tight and it hardly can fit both of us. His chest just a few inch away from mine. I can feel his warm breath on my face. He put his hand on the wall behind me to stable himself. After the man move away from us, he rest his head on my shoulder. 


“Are you ok?”


“What are you doing here?” He asked me the same question again.


“I plan to meet Tae Hyung here....”


“Tae?”


“Are you ok?” I asked again and he move away from me.


“I’ll be fine. We must leave now.” He said and holds my hand. He looks at the both way before take a step out from the alley but 2 men already waiting for us. Jungkook look at me then to the man in front of us. He let my hand go which make me feel sad and hurt. I don’t know why I felt like that. 


“Run!!!” He said at the same time he run toward the 2 men and pin them down. It’s a moment for me to move but I keep looking at him. 


“I won’t leave you twice.....” I said and help him to fight the men. I make the other men off from Jungkook and it make him confused. I just avoid any punch he throws at me while I just punch and kick him whatever tactic I learn. Jungkook punch that man hard after he done with the other man. 


“Run....” he said and grabs my hand again. Both of us just run toward the main street and hail any car that passing by. Lucky there is taxi and we both get inside. Jungkook lean and rest his head. He’s so messy and dirty too. I saw he hurt his arm too. It’s a long cut but it not deep. I look out the window and let him rest. Tonight must be very hard for him.


“Where are we?” I asked when we get off from the taxi. 


“My place.” He said and leads the way. I just follow him from behind and get inside his house. It cleans for a boy who live alone.

 
“Seat.” He said after put away his clothes on the bed in a basket. I take a seat on the bed and Jungkook take a small box under the table.


“I need to treat your hand.” He said and sit down on the floor. I don't even realise that I hurt my hand. It's not that big deal just a scratch.

 
“Are you kidding me? This is just a small scratch. You are the one that need it the most.” I said.


“I’m fine.”

 
“Seat.” I said. When I saw he don’t even move I have to pull his hand and force him to sit down. I open the box and treat his wound. He wince when I put ointment on his lips.


“Sorry.” I said and move to his cheek.


“Why are you so fearless?” He asked makes me smirk.


“I made promise to someone long time ago but I failed him. This time I won’t run alone. So don’t ever tell me to run unless you run with me too.” I said and I saw his lips curved in a small smile. Is he mocking me?


“You just like what I think of.... selfish.”


“Just think whatever you want.” I said and we both hear someone open the door. Jimin get in then look at both of us, curious.


“What happen to you?” Jimin asked.


“Later.” Jungkook answer and look at me. He don't wnat to talk about it in front of me. I think I need to go now and let bothe of them talk. There is no need for me to be nosy and curious. Sooner or later I will know their secret.


“I better go then.” I said and walk toward door but suddenly Jimin grab my arm.


“Stay away from Jungkook.” He said. His eyes so sharp and there’s no smile on his face. I don’t understand what threat I was to Jungkook. He let my hand go but I turn and look at him then to Jungkook. I just smile and leave. At the outside of Jungkook’s house I saw Tae Hyung lean on his car. I wonder what he do there and why he not coming inside. 


“Hillary Park..... Who are you really are?” Tae Hyung asked make me confused.


“The same question applies to you and your friend too. Who are all of you? Are you friend or foe?” I said makes Tae Hyung laugh. 


“I guess we have the same thinking. I can’t find anything about you. You don’t have any past like the rest of us.”


“Is my past very important to you?”


“Depend.....”


“Then help me to find my past.” I said and leave.

 
****
Monday is here and I can feel it not the same after I learn about Jungkook and the other a bit. Everyone of them looking at me like a hungry wolf. Is it really difficult for them just to come and ask me? What are they hiding from me? Scratch on Jungkook's almost disappear now. I can see how tense they are. After class I go to the library and put my guard down for a while. I look at the picture and thinking. Is it very difficult for me to find both of you? Are we never meant to meet each other again? Are you still alive? I wish you still alive so I can come and save you like I promise. Don’t make me the bad one here. 


“Hillary Park.....” Ho Seok called me. I stand up and close the book so I could talk with him.


“At least one of you dares to come to me.” I said makes Ho Seok smile.


“I’m not your foe. I just want to ask you something.”


“Sure.”


“Who are you really are? Who is Hillary Park? Is she the real granddaughter of Chairman Park?” I almost laugh when I heard his question. 


“Is that important?” I asked and I still remember what Grandpa told me. Don’t tell anyone who I am really are because I still don’t know who are the people that trying to hurt me that night.


“Yes.”


“I’m Granddaughter of Chairman Park. Now let me ask you something? What are you all hiding? What is Jungkook looking for?”


“Goo Ae Ra. He’s looking for Goo Ae Ra.” He said. That’s name sound so familiar but I don’t know where I heard it.


“Goo Ae Ra? Who is she?”


“Let just say we owe her.” He said.


“If she that important to you all....then what make you all uneasy about me.”


“Because Chairman Park is not what you think of.” He said make me laugh hard this time. This is so funny.


“I know my Grandfather better than you all.”


“Sure you do.” He said mocking me. I just walk away from him. I don’t wish to hear more.

 
Chairman Park. Who is Grandpa? It’s so ridiculous so I just shake the thought out from my mind. Tonight I’m battling either I want to follow Jungkook or stay. I go out from my room and roam around the school. I don’t want to go to any class or do any school work. I just want to think. If I can I want to put a stop on all of this. I seat at the empty soccer field and saw someone walk under the light, Park Jimin. He wears the black hoody and black pants. Is he trying to go out?


“So, this is your ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter