Little Surprises

Holding Onto the Memories

Min Jung started to warm up in the studio. It was nice to have the space to herself for the time being. Dancing always put her mind at ease. When she finished tying her ballet shoes, she pressed play on the boom box. She moved gracefully as she danced to Swan Lake. It had been a while since she last danced to this extent. Most of her time had been spent teaching dance classes or at school. She glanced at the clock while she spun. 6:50. Nobody had arrived yet.

 

Chaos filled the flat as the six young men scrambled to find their things.

"Has anyone seen my phone?"

"Where are my sunglasses?"

"Dong Woon did you take my jacket again?"

"Who tok my hat?"

Manager Song stood at the entryway and shook his head as he watched the spectacle. As they assembled in front of him, he said, "Ready? It's almost 7 o'clock. We're running late. You don't want to keep her waiting." Bleary-eyed, everyone followed him out the door and to the van.

 

Min Jung looked at the time. She took a sip of water and thought It's 7 already. Didn't Manager Song say they'd be here by now? Shrugging it off, she decided to keep dancing until they got there.

 

The group walked down the hall and arrived at the door of their dance studio. Confusion crossed their faces when they heard the music coming from inside. Weren't they choreographing their comeback song? Why was there ballet music playing? Gi Kwang held a finger to his lips and tiptoed into the room. They watched her in awe. Her figure flowed smoothly with the music. Every move emitted the emotions that had built up inside her.

 

Min Jung opened her eyes to find six sets of eyes looking at her in shock. She walked over to the boom box and turned it off.

"Hey guys, what's up?" she asked. "You're a little late for rehearsal. You have a comeback in a month don't you?"

"Mi Ah-noona, you're our new choreographer?" Dong Woon asked.

Min Jung murmurred, "Yep," as she continued to unlace her ballet shoes. "Is there a problem with that?" she questioned as she got up.

"No, not at all. It's just, wow. You're choreographing our dance?" he replied, stil in slight shock.

"Mi ah has been dancing ballet since she was five. Don't be too surprised if you see her dancing to ballet music when you walk in." stated Yo Seob. "She was selected to be in The Nutcracker when we were in senior high."

The group exchanged shocked expressions at this revelation.

"How are you going to choreograph our song if you're a ballet dancer?" Doo Joon asked.

"You must be Doo Joon. We haven't talked, have we? I know what I'm doing. Don't worry about it." she replied, giving him a wink. "Ok, now if you would be so kind as to place your eyes back in your head, let's start." she announced.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

I just realized I stuck "narrator" at the top of chapter 1. I was going to do a POV story but decided it's better to keep some mysteries in it. Besides, I hate doing the whole inner thought thing.

I was thinking that after this story, I would make little side stories for the other characters (mainly Min Jung's brother, the other B2ST members, and quite possibly the doctor.) Anyone interested?

Now I'm really going to do my homework. I think I've got half of the next update ready. It's going to be a little lengthier than this one. As GD would say, I'm out. ^_~