Gathering Tensions

Holding Onto the Memories

"Yah! Hyung, can't we stop?" Dong Woon asked between breaths. "We've been practicing for six hours straight!"

Everyone had taken a seat as they panted.

"Dong Woon's right. We're gonna die before our comeback if you keep this up. Just practice with Hyun Seung when he gets here. We haven't even eaten dinner yet." Jun Hyung added.

Rehearsal had been uncomfortable for everyone that day. Tension ran high between all the members as it weighed down on their relationships; waiting for someone to snap.

"Fine. Go eat." Doo Joon muttered bitterly.

With much effort, the group got up on their feet and headed towards the door. They gladly filed out, not bothering to check if their leader was following them.

 

"Where should we eat?" asked Yo Seob.

The silence that blanketed the group was unbearable. Although the tension had eased up a bit, the hostility was still apparant as it suffocated each of the members.

"How bout we go eat at the restaurant we always go to?" suggested Jun Hyung.

"Alright, sounds good." said Dong Woon.

 

Min Jung walked into the restaurant and looked around. The chandelier complimented the rich colors that covered the interior. A faint chatter of voices mixed with the classical music playing through the overhead speakers. She noticed a man in a black jacket wave her over. She walked over and sat down without a word.

"What? You don't see your brother for five years and you have nothing to say? That hurts." he said, pretending to nurse his heart.

"Do you even know what day today is?" she asked, not bothering to look at him.

"It's...Friday?" he replied as if that were the answer she was looking for.

"You know that's not what I meant! How long are you going to keep this up? It's been years already!" she said harshly.

"It's not my fault that she was an unfaithful woman. I will not call someone like her my mother." he replied cooly.

It never changed. Every year, it was the same argument. Min Jung massaged her temples, willing away the headache that her dear brother had brought on.

"Oppa, you know that you're gonna have to go with me next year right? The doctor said that it's getting bad, fast."

Min Soo sighed heavily. "I know. I'm trying to accept it Minnie. It's just really hard. What she did to dad was just unacceptable. Don't worry about it, eh? Next year, I'll definitely accompany you to her grave. It's the least I could do for my little sister, right?" he said, reaching out and patting her on the back.

 

Doo Joon kept rehearsing. The members were right. If he kept rehearsing like this, he would surely die before the comeback. Pushing the thoughts to the back of his head, he hit replay on the boombox and continued to dance.

Some people shout; some people run; some people box. Everyone has their own way of venting frustration and anger; dancing was his. He never thought about the consquences of such intense rehearsals. His doctor had scolded him many times about the dangers of overworking his body, but it never stopped him from pushing his limits.

He looked at the mirror. The aura of hatred, frustration, anger, hurt - he could see it around himself as he danced. He turned around when he noticed the door had opened.

Hyun Seung walked in, barely lifting his feet. He brought with him a dense feeling of depression. Doo Joon walked over to him and sat down. He look over and saw that Hyun Seung had been crying.

"Did something happen?" he asked.

Hyun Seung hastily wiped away his tears. "The hospital called. They said that Yoo Mi passed away this afternoon. She left this letter for Jun Hyung." he said, tossing the envelope to the side.

Doo Joon was at a loss for words. Nothing he could say would ease the pain that his friend was going through.

Clasping his hand on Hyun Seung's shoulder, he said, "Let's practice. You can let out your frustrations."

 

As they walked in, a girl off to the side caught Dong Woon's attention.

"Oh, Min Jung-noona!" he said, as he rushed over to her table.

Min Jung looked up at them in surprise. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"We finally got to take a break. Hyung's been making us rehearse for the past six hours. It's the same routine over and over again."

The rest of the group joined the maknae by Min Jung's table.

A cough shifted their attention. Min Soo smiled and waved at Min Jung.

"Oh! This is my older brother, Min Soo. Oppa, this is Dong Woon, Jun Hyung, and you already know Yo Seob." she said, pointing out each of them. "Where are the other two?"

"Hyun Seung ran off somewhere after we got back and Doo Joon is probably still rehearsing. The guy never knows when to stop." replied Jun Hyung.

"Can we join you?" Yo Seob asked.

"Sure, why not. The more the merrier." Min Soo said with a smile.

 

------------------------------------------------------

I haven't updated in a while. One more week of studying and I'll have more free time to do this. :) I hope you guys are enjoying the story. I really appreciate the comments and subscribers.

I'll try to update this one a little more often. Just so happens I have more ideas for my other story. But if I write too much for that, it might hint too much at this and I still haven't really figured out where to start the sidestories for Dong Woon and Jun Hyung.

Comment and subscribe!

~Emylie <3