Little White Lies

Holding Onto the Memories

Min Jung stirred as a light knock resonated through her room. She heard the swish of a coat as the person walked in.

"Doctor Freemont?" she asked softly.

"Min Jung, we've found a match for you. Your surgery is scheduled for 6 pm tonight. That's about and hour and a half from now," said Doctor Freemont.

"Whose eyes were they?"

"They're coming from a donor in Busan. It'll take about an hour to transport them. I suggest you rest some more. It will help your recovery later," he said.

"Doctor Freemont, if this works, if I can see again, can you take me somewhere? Somewhere, anywhere, far away from here, away from all these people," she whispered sadly. "I know it's a lot to ask. You're a doctor, it's not professional and so many lives depend on you, but I want to go somewhere with someone who doesn't make me hurt inside."

Doctor Freemont sighed and stared at the young woman before him. "Anywhere you'd like to go, I will follow you," he replied softly. "Now rest up, or I'll take back what I said before."

Min Jung chuckled lightly as she lay her head back onto the pillows. Her mind drifted into a peaceful sleep as she buried herself beneath the blanket.

 

"Doctor Freemont? Is something wrong with Min Jung? Why were you in there?" asked Yo Seob worriedly.

"Her brother passed away not too long ago. His eyes are in perfect condition. Her surgery is scheduled for later today. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to prep for the surgery, " he replied.

"Did I hear what I thought I just heard?" asked Doo Joon as he walked up to his friend.

Yo Seob looked at him coldly before replying, "Yeah."

 

"You like her don't you?" asked a nurse in the break room.

Doctor Freemont glanced up from the paperwork in surprise. "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied.

"Playing dumb is not your strong suit. The patient who just lost her brother. You like her," she stated.

He stared at her in shock before returning his eyes to the paperwork before him. "Is it really that obvious?" he muttered.

"How long have you been her doctor? If you don't mind me asking that is."

"This year would be my sixth. And to answer your previous question, it's hard not to like a person like her."

"Six years, that's quite a long time. And I do believe you like her a little more romantically than you should," she commented with a smirk.

Doctor Freemont put down his pen and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I suppose that's one way to put it," he murmured tiredly.

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. Though I do wonder how her loved ones will take it."

 

A nurse walked in and gently shook Min Jung's shoulder. Her lashes fluttered as she opened her eyes.

"Min Jung-ssi, we need to prep you for the surgery. I'll be giving you an anesthetic. You'll begin to feel lethargic and sleepy. Stay strong," said the nurse.

She felt her heavy eyelids close as she drifted into a deep slumber.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey, I finally updated! I wonder how many subscribers I lost... >< Lol. Oh well. =P Merry Xmas to all! Comment and subscribe.

~Emylie<3