Truth

Holding Onto the Memories

Sokachangmin

Thanks for the comment! It really means a lot to me. Lol. And welcome to aff. ^^

-------------------------

It was 5 a.m. Doo Joon had been robbed of any thoughts of sleep as he frustratingly sat up in his bed. Glancing at the clock, he decided to go to the studio. As he quietly rummaged around the room for his clothes, he noticed the picture of he, Yo Seob, and Min Jung buried under the pile of laundry. Picking it up, he stared at it and sighed. How he longed to go back to that time when nothing else mattered. He hurriedly dressed and walked out of the room, closing the door with a light click. The crisp winter hair bit at his nose as he made his way to the studio.

Confusion overcame all other thoughts as he heard music from the studio. The door had been left open as he peered in from the corridor.

"Yah, Min Jung-ah, why don't you take a break? You've been at this for hours." spoke a voice that seemed vaguely familiar.

"Unni, I can't get through this any other way."

The other woman let out a heavy sigh and looked towards the door. "You don't have to stand out there you know. We don't bite." she called out to Doo Joon.

Scratching the back of his head, Doo Joon walked in, unsure of what to do. He noticed that Min Jung hadn't stopped dancing.

"Oh, it's you." said the woman venomously. "I suppose you don't remember me. Not that it matters. What do you want?"

"I just wanted to talk to her. Han Hye Gyo, right?"

"Yes, yes that's my name." she replied, a little taken aback, "Don't hurt her." she added, sensing his sincerity. She walked out of the room and shut the door behind her.

"What do you want Doo Joon-ssi?" asked Min Jung.

Doo Joon sat down on the bench behind him and stared at her. "When are you gonna stop pretending Min Jung? I'm not blind. I've figured it out."

Min Jung paused before continuing with her dance. She didn't reply as she spun around.

"I just wanted to talk."

"So talk." she replied simply.

"Will you stop dancing? You're putting too much stress on your body."

"Since when have you cared?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked impatiently.

Min Jung had stopped dancing. She coldly replied, "You should know what it means. Who was the one that comforted me when I was sad? Who was the one that noticed when something was wrong? Who took me home when it was late, cooked for me when I was sick, cared for me more than he should have? Yo Seob acted more like a boyfriend than you ever did, Doo Joon. It wasn't even his place! He was just a friend back then! So tell me, since when have you cared? You asked me to be your girlfriend and I find you kissing another girl."

 

Min Jung was shaking with rage as she started dancing again. Doo Joon didn't answer her. He couldn't. He had no excuse for his actions.

"I'm sorry." he said quietly. "I know there's nothing I can say to that. I have no excuse for what I've done. You should see the look on Yo Seob's face when he thinks about you." he chuckled lightly. "He's completely in love with you. Maybe he thinks we don't notice, but you know how he is. I hope he makes you happy. You deserve it."

Min Jung's phone interrupted his ramblings.

"Can you hand me my phone?" she asked as she sat down where she stopped.

Confusion briefly crossed his face as he watched her fumble with her phone.

"He's stable? Ok. I understand." The phone fell from her ear. "Doo Joon, can you bring me to the hospital? I need to see my brother."

 

He noticed that something was different. Her eyes seemed distant and unfocused as they stared ahead of her. Desperate to break the silence, he cleared his throat. "Min Jung, are you ok?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Your eyes. They're distant. It's like you're looking at something but not really seeing."

Min Jung halted. "I...I can't see anymore." she answered as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Doo Joon didn't know how to respond. The woman he loved had just told him that she was blind. He stood there and stared at her before taking her into his arms. "I'm sorry. I know I've been saying that for a long time, and maybe it doesn't mean anything to you anymore, but I really am. If you need anything, just tell me. I, Yoon Doo Joon give my life to Miss Kang Min Jung for the rest of eternity. I will make up for all that I've done to you."

Min Jung chuckled and pushed him away. "Just take me to Min Soo-oppa."

Doo Joon smirked as he continued to lead her to her brother. "Does that mean you forgive me?"

"No, but I do appreciate the motion."

 

------------------------

What will happen next? Any speculations? I have to sync the iPod that I'm borrowing from my friend for my trip, so the rest of my free time will be dedicated to putting music onto said technology. This is a pretty lengthy update. At least I think it is. You can never really tell in these text boxes. Anyways, leave your comments and subscribe!

~Emylie <3