Desires

Holding Onto the Memories

"How are you feeling today?" asked Doctor Freemont. Scuffles could be heard from his shoes as he moved around the room.

"Fine, I guess," Min Jung replied quietly. Her heart felt heavy from the darkness that surrounded her. She ached to see the sun again. She wanted to feel its heat on her fragile skin.

"What's wrong?" he asked, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

Min Jung sighed heavily, "I just want to see again. I want to be able to watch something happen, not hear it. I - I want to dance again. I can't do any of that when I've got all these wires coming out of me."

"Well, you're on the road to recovery," commented Doctor Freemont. "You're healing faster than most other patients. You will be out of here in no time, I can promise you that."

"How long do you think it'll take?" she asked hopefully.

"Maybe another two or three months, but I doubt it will be any longer than that," he replied. His eyes glanced at the door as he saw Yo Seob and Doo Joon approaching. "It looks like your friends are here to see you. I'll take my leave now."

Min Jung nodded quietly as the door opened, letting in the small draft from the hall. Formalities were uttered as Yo Seob and Doo Joon filled the empty space in her room.

"How are you?" asked Yo Seob timidly. Min Jung could hear the scrape of a chair against the linoleum floor as he sat down.

"Fine. I wish people would stop asking me that," she replied with a hint of bitterness. "Anyways, how are the preparations for your comeback going?"

"It would be better with you there, but the preparations are going well. Everything's going as planned. You don't have to worry about us making fools out of ourselves," Yo Seob reassured her.

Doo Joon shifted awkwardly in his spot, rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Aren't you gonna sit down?" Yo Seob asked.

"Your comeback is in a couple days, isn't it? Why are you here?" Min Jung asked. She shifted uncomfortably, trying not to disturb the wires tangled in her arm.

"We're just taking a break. We'll head back soon," Doo Joon answered quietly.

Yo Seob's fingers petted her hair lightly as if she were the most fragile thing in the world. Silence comforted their unsaid words as each ventured into their own thoughts,

 

He thought about her laugh. The beautiful melody that inspired him. Nothing could measure up to the light and bouyant atmosphere created by her laughter. It was magical just like her charm, the charm that made her a goddess. He thought of her grace. The kind only a saint could possess. And though she was beautiful, she was never vain.

Yo Seob thought about her smile. The way her deep eyes lit up. He missed gazing at them from across the classroom. He missed being close to her; he missed being the one she could run to. Though their relationship had not worsened, he could feel her slipping away from him.

He wanted all of her. Were he selfish and uncaring, the urge would have already been fulfilled. His skin craved her touch, his hands felt at home in the small of her back. Her soft voice tugged at his heart, making a monster out of his thoughts. Yes, he wanted all of her. He yearned for the scent of her hair to surround him in a cloud of euphoria, but there was one thing that he wanted most of all. He wanted her heart; her love. He desired for nothing more than the thing which he could never steal.

 

Doo Joon watched as Yo Seob found comfort in playing with her hair. He knew that his friend was anxious. Anxious for her to see again, and anxious to steal her heart. He sighed inwardly as his eyes fell on her slender fingers.

He longed for her forgiveness. It killed him inside to know what he did to her. He would let her hit him as many times as she wished, would it earn him her forgiveness. The guilt stabbed at his heart, a never ending cycle that ailed him in the recent days, though he did not mind. The burning and bleeding was something he had earned for himself, evidence of his negligence; his selfishness.

Doo Joon wanted nothing more than to befriend her once again. Perhaps he also wanted her love as well, but he knew all too well that she was a smart girl. She would never submit herself to such a gamble when the pain in her heart was all too fresh. How could he prove that he had changed? That he was a better man? There was no proof that he would never hurt her again. Even he couldn't trust himself with her.

 

Min Jung thought about her trip. She wanted to leave behind all her horrible memories and never turn back. An unidentifiable sadness washed over her as she remembered Yo Seob's fingers entwined in her hair.

Their silence was interrupted by Doo Joon's phone. The harsh ring sliced through the peacefulness, bringing them back to reality. Muffled mumbles could be heard as Doo Joon answered his phone. Yo Seob ran his fingers through her hair one last time before standing up.

"We have to head back," said Doo Joon quietly. "Recover fast so you can see us perform, okay?"

"I'll try my best," Min Jung replied, giving him a small smile.

Yo Seob leaned down and lightly kissed her forhead before following Doo Joon out of the room.

----------------------------------------------

Wow, it's been a month since I last updated this story. Sorry for the wait guys! D= I didn't mean to, I swear! Lol. =P So anyways, yeah... New developments will be on the way. That being said, next chapter will probably be a time skip. Comment/Subscribe!

~Emylie<3