3 Months Have Since Passed

Holding Onto the Memories

Min Jung dragged her suitcase to the door and gave her apartment one last sweeping glance. The pictures of her with her friends, old and new, adorned the wall. Their smiles tried to take her back; they tried to glue her to the spot. The doorbell brought her back to her senses.

She glanced at the intercom. Doctor Freemont stood outside patiently, waiting for her. Her eyes turned back to the place she had called home for that past few months, drinking in the sight that she perhaps would never see again. They fell on the envelope that sat on the coffee table, the one addressed to Dongwoon.

Walking towards the door, she pulled out her phone. The screen glowed, highlighting the maknae's name. She waited patiently as the phone rang.

"Hello?" mumbled Dongwoon.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Min Jung asked.

"Noona! No, it's fine. I needed to get up anyways. What's up?"

"Could you stop by my apartment really quick? There's something I need to give to you guys, but I'll be too busy to go by the company. I'll leave my key on the ledge, so let yourself in if I'm not here when you come by."

"Okay, I'll go over now. My schedule doesn't start for another hour," he answered.

Min Jung stared at the small device in her hand as the call ended. Guilt washed over her as she thought of what she was about to do. She quickly placed her phone next to the letter and joined the man waiting outside her door.

 

Dongwoon tiptoed across the room, quietly gathering what he needed to go out. The rest of the group was still sleeping, a result of their endless schedules. He cursed at himself as his foot kicked the dresser. A quick glance around the room told him that the sound had gone unnoticed.

Just as he was about to walk out the door, Kikwang exited their room.

"Where are you going?" he asked curiously.

"Um...the gym?" Dongwoon answered.

"That's funny. You hate going to the gym. You're not really dressed for the gym either. Where are you really going?"

Dongwoon sighed in defeat. "Min Jung-noona asked me to stop by her apartment for something. She said she was too busy to drop it off at the company and told me to go get it."

"What could she possibly need to give us?" Kikwang mumbled to himself. "Wait for me, we can go together."

 

The two men arrived at the apartment, thankful that none of their fans noticed them.

"Is she home?" Kikwang asked.

"I don't know. She said she'd leave her key on the ledge if she was out," replied Dongwoon.

Kikwang reached up and felt around for the small piece of metal. Finally wrapping his fingers around the key, Kikwang unlocked the door.

"Did she tell you what it looked like?" Kikwang asked as he shut the door behind them.

"No, I'll call her and ask."

Her phone buzzed against the glass table, drawing their attention to the middle of the room. Kikwang walked over and picked up her phone.

"Why would she leave this here?" he asked. He glanced back to the table and picked up the small envelope. "It's for you," he said, holding it out to Dongwoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yay for ambiguity? Sorry if it was crappy, this one was done in a rush. I need to go get a haircut, so yeah. Comment/Subscribe!

~Emylie<3