Visit

Holding Onto the Memories

Her hearing had gotten sharper since losing her sight. She could hear her brother's even breaths through the oxygen mask. The heart rate monitor's steady beeping echoed through the room. She felt Doo Joon lead her to a chair by her brother's side.

"Can you describe him?" she asked quietly. "How bad is it?"

She waited patiently for his description. Lifting her hands, she felt for Min Soo's hand. Finally finding it, she took hold of his hand and held on as if her life depended on it.

"The doctors said he'd wake up in a few hours. They said that he broke two ribs, his left leg, and fractured his right wrist. He punctured one of his lungs in the accident. There are a few cuts and bruises here and there on his arms and face, but nothing too serious. He's lucky. He survived a pretty bad accident."

"Oppa, why did you do it? You never drive recklessly. What made you do it?" she asked as she shifted her grip.

Min Jung lifted her head at the sound of the door opening.

"Min Jung-ah? You left without me. I promised that I would bring you here before rehearsal. What are you doing here?" asked Yo Seob as he noticed Doo Joon. He could not hide the bitterness in his voice as he glared at the leader. "Min Jung-ah, I know you're worried about your brother, but we should go get some breakfast. Hye Gyo-noona called me this morning and told me that you had been dancing nonstop all morning. You should eat something so it doesn't wear down on your body."

"Oh, ok." she replied weakly. She slowly got out of her chair and stepped towards Yo Seob's voice. No more than three steps later, her body fell to the ground.

"Min Jung!" cried both men as they rushed to her side. Doo Joon shook her shoulders in hope that she would stir. Her thin body lay still on the hospital floor as Yo Seob left to get help. Her breathing had become shallow and her skin clammy. Her forhead burned under Doo Joon's palm.

Doctor Freemont rushed in accompanied by two nurses. "Start her on an IV drip. If it's as Yo Seob says, she's probably just fatigued. When she wakes up, make sure to give her some food to eat." he told the nurses as he checked her pulse. "Also monitor her for a while. She's got an extremely low pulse." Turning to Yo Seob who had just entered the room, he said, "Pick her up and follow me. I'll set up a room for her just down the hall."

 

Yo Seob watched as the nurses stuck needles in her and attached wires here and there. He worriedly fidgeted with his hands as he prayed for her safety. He gave a nod to the nurses as they left the room and walked over to Min Jung. Tenderly, he swept a stray lock of hair from her face and gazed at her sleeping figure.

Doo Joon entered the room and stared at her from the doorway. "Is she okay?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Yo Seob turned to him and angrily said, "We need to talk." He swiftly walked across the room and pushed past Doo Joon, leading him towards the roof.

--------------------

Just a small update for you before I go to sleep. I am spending all of tomorrow packing and searching for the software for my video camera. Sometimes I really dislike technology. Comment, subscribe, and speculate. =P

~Emylie <3