Infinite Stopovers

Infinite Kids

"Daddy, I want to pee!" little Sungyeol shouted from the back seat.

"Me too!" little Dongwoo screamed as well.

"What? Why didn't you pee when we stopped over for breakfast awhile ago?" Myungsoo complained but still drove towards a stopover.

This is going to be their third stopover in just an hour into their trip. They were only able to bring Sunggyu's diapers and the rest only had the diapers they were wearing so Myungsoo had told them to use the restroom before they go.

At this rate, they're gonna arrive at their destination way later than their estimated time of arrival.


Their first stop was when the kids decided to play the little game of 'I spy' after Sungyeol said that he was bored and the trip was taking too long (it had only been ten minutes since they started their trip) and he wanted to play.

"I spy with my little eyes something that begins with the letter 'I'!" Dongwoo shouted.

"Igloo!" Woohyun shouted the first thing that came into his mind that started with the the letter 'i'."

"Nope." Dongwoo shook his head. It wasn't the answer he had in his mind.

"Idol!" Hoya answered excitedly as if he knew that it was the answer Dongwoo was waiting for.

"No." Dongwoo quickly dismissed Hoya's excitement.

"Ah!" Sungyeol exclaimed from his seat and clapped. "I know! I know!" 

"What is it then, Yeollie?" asked Dongwoo.

"Infinite!" Sungyeol shouted his answer.

Everyone thought that it was the correct answer, but to their surprise, Dongwoo again said, 'No.'

"What is it, then?" Woohyun asked.

"Yeah, we can't think of anything else." Hoya agreed.

"The answer is..." Dongwoo prolonged his voice so as to give suspense.

"Eyes!" He screamed happily and clapped his hands thinking that nobody else got it right.

"Eh?!" Everyone chorused confusely, even Myungsoo and Sungjong who was just listening.

"But 'eyes' starts with an 'e', hyung.." Sungjong explained facing the kids at the back.

"No it starts with 'i'!!" Dongwoo insisted.

"No, it doesn't." Sungyeol persisted.

"Yes, it does! They sound alike!" Dongwoo argued.

That's when the kids started to argue, each trying to talk over each other, mostly the others telling Dongwoo he was wrong and it ended up with Dongwoo crying loudly.

Sungjong couldn't pacify him by just telling him that if he thinks that 'eyes' starts with an 'i' then so be it.

Dongwoo wouldn't stop crying until he saw a dinosaur-shaped balloon being sold along the road and pleaded for Myungsoo and Sungjong to stop and buy him one.

Myungsoo almost didn't want to stop because it would have been a waste of time, but Sungjong pleaded so that Dongwoo would stop crying, and how could he say no to that beautiful, big, brown, pleading eyes?

It would have been okay if they set off the moment Dongwoo got what he wanted, but the others wanted their own balloons as well.

After a few minutes of looking at every colorful balloon (which should definitely not be sold along the road to entice children, Myungsoo thinks), Sungyeol settled with an owl balloon, Hoya chose a simple, purple balloon and Woohyun got a hamster-shaped balloon just because he thinks it's really cute.

"Will you all behave now and stop arguing, so we can be on our way?" Sungjong asked, or more like demanded softly.

Everyone nodded, happy to have their own balloons to play with.

Their second stopover was for breakfast. Sungjong and Myungsoo had to cover themselves so they won't get recognized, while they let their hyungs just go around like that because nobody would notice them that much.

Myungsoo wore a cap and keep on ducking his head low, while Sungjong wore large eyeglasses and a bonnet. They decided that if people would think that they're a family on a travel, it would be much better to not get recognized.

Sungjong didn't mind getting mistaken as a female, but he didn't try hard to look/dress like one either (he didn't really need to).

They chose a stopover that didn't have many people inside so they could eat breakfast peacefully.

Ordering food wasn't that much hard, if only Sungyeol would stop shouting 'Mommy! Mommy! I want that!' every time he wanted to choose what food to buy.

They all ate breakfast happily, even baby Sunggyu, who was put in a stroller beside their table, was happily drinking his milk.

When Sungjong took a bite from his breakfast burrito, some of the sauce was smudged on the side of his lips. Myungsoo unconsciously reached out to wipe it and only realized what he had done when he heard a group of middle -aged ladies giggling in a nearby table. He didn't fail to catch what they were talking about.

"That couple is so cute! Thr guy is so caring! I suddenly miss my younger days when my husband was still that sweet." one of the ladies said.

"I know, right? If my husband was as handsome as him, I'll feel like I'm the luckiest woman in the planet." another lady agreed.

Judging by the reddish tint on Sungjong's cheek, Myungsoo knows that he's not the only one that heard them.

Myungsoo is not sure if he should be happy that their couple disguise is working or if he should feel sorry for Sungjong.

Myungsoo's really happy that he gets to be sweet to Sungjong in public off-camera and get away with it. He wonders who he has to thank that they ended up with this couple disguise thing. For fear that he may look too happy about their situation, he decided to just keep his happiness to himself.

They finished eating and Myungsoo asked if anyone wanted to use the restroom. The others just ignored him, and proceeded to talk and play with each other, except for Sungjong who decided to use the restroom. Good thing the stopover only has one restroom and Sungjong didn't have to choose which to enter.

 

When Myungsoo drove to another stopover, the kids quickly ran to the restroom to relieve themselves. They already used up the only diapers they were wearing earlier, so Sungjong had told them that they should say if they need to use the restroom.

While Myungsoo waited for his hyungs, Sungjong decided to check Sunggyu's diaper if it neede to be changed.

When they were all done, Myungsoo started driving again.

"Daddy, can we listen to some music?" Sungyeol asked. He soon got bored of their 'I Spy' game and just wanted their ride to be lively and noisy.

By this time, Sungjong and Myungsoo had already accepted the fact that they can't change Sungyeol's idea of them being his parents and had stopped correcting him.

Myungsoo turned his car's music player, and coincidentally, his current playlist are Infinite songs, old and new. The first song that instantly played was Infinite F's song, 'Heartthrob'.

"You’re coming from far away, I see you
Your scent that slowly comes to me
Makes my heart flutter
Don’t know why, when I secretly think of you,
I keep smiling
It’s awkward and I shake my head"

Myungsoo and Sungjong were shocked when they hear their hyungs singing along to the song. In their kid state, they still know the lyrics to the song.

"If I ever run into you,
What should I say?
Should I hold your hands
And tell you I love you?"

Sungjong was cheerfully singing along with the hyungs as well, while Myungsoo was just humming along.

The reason that Myungsoo wasn't singing along, though he would have sang along any other day this song had been played, was because he was thinking.

Myungsoo had heard and sang the song for so many times he already lost count, but this is the first time that he felt the lyrics was reaching out to him.

"My heart is beating, I can’t say anything once again
All the words I prepared for today
Disappears in my memory
My heart is racing, you’re passing me again
I can’t say this is just a memory
And let you go
I’ll be there for you my love.."

He had planned to confess to Sungjong before all of this happened. He feels like his heart would burst if he lets another day pass by without telling the younger how he feels about him, but he knows this is not the right time.

When all of this ends, he's going to do it and he's going to do it properly.

"Don’t know why, when I secretly think of you,
I keep smiling
It’s awkward and I shake my head"

Myungsoo unconsciously smiled at the lyrics and shook his head, not knowing that Sungjong was looking at him.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Sungjong asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine, Jongie." Myungsoo smiled, but still had his vision on the road.

 

---

A/N: Hi readers! I would really appreciate reading your comments on this chapter. I would accept even rants about how long I take to update this. Lol. I'm really sorry to keep you guys waiting. T.T Thank you for reading!