Happy Little Family

Infinite Kids

 

Myungsoo woke up to the smell of coffee and toast.

Despite the fact that Dongwoo woke him up in the middle of the night three times; first to accompany him to pee, second because the toddler had a nightmare, and third because his hyung wanted to eat some midnight snacks, Myungsoo can say that he pretty much had a good night sleep.

As much as he still wished yesterday was just a dream, he found himself waking up on the same makeshift bed they had arranged last night with the sound of children laughing and running around the living room.

Except for Baby Sunggyu, who was still sleeping soundly, the rest have already gotten up.

Myungsoo got up and folded the blankets they used, except the one Sunggyu was sleeping on and proceeded to the kitchen, being careful not to step on any of the toys scattered all over the floor.

"Morning, hyung." Sungjong greeted him who was busy putting strawberry jam on the bread.

"Morning, Jongie."

"Do you want this for breakfast? or you'd like me to cook something for you?" Sungjong said as he offered the bread with the jam.

"Did the kids--hyungs eat already?" Myungsoo almost laughs at how he sounded so daddy-like with his question.

"Oh, uhm, yes. They preferred cereals with milk this time. They started playing right after they finished their bowls."

"That's good to hear. I'm fine with the bread, thanks Jongie."

"Sure, hyung." Sungjong answered as he went to the sink to start washing the dishes.

Myungsoo silently ate his bread, while he looked at Sungjong's back. He's really amazed at how the younger managed to feed the others and kept the house intact (disregarding the scattered toys on the floor) without getting any help from him.

Sungjong is such a responsible and reliable person and whoever his partner in life would be, is very lucky indeed, Myungsoo thought.

He then started imagining a situation where he and Sungjong are actually together.

Sungjong had just finished washing the dishes and was now walking towards him. The younger smiled and slowly leaned forward, about to kiss him, and Myungsoo willingly awaited the lips to land on his. He was snapped out of his daze, however, when Sungjong waved a handphone infront of his face.

"Hyung, were you sleeping with your eyes open? You look creepy." Sungjong said without much thought that Myungsoo might be hurt with what he just said.

Myungsoo didn't dare answer back, afraid that he might actually reveal what he was thinking about.

He doesn't think Sungjong is ready to accept his feelings just yet.

Now is not the time confess, Myungsoo thought. True, he had been planning to finally confess to his maknae for days now, but considering the events that were currently happening right now, it might not be the best time to tell Sungjong how he feels about him.

When he was met with silence, Sungjong sensed that Myungsoo probably didn't like being called creepy.

"I'm sorry for calling you creepy, hyung. I was talking to you and you were looking at me but you didn't seem to hear anything that I was saying. So I thought you were sleeping."

"It's fine, Jongie. What were you telling me anyway?"

"Well. I've been surfing the net a while ago and I happen to come across an article about people kidnapping kids even in crowded places and in broad daylight." Sungjong explained.

He might have seen the curious look on Myungsoo's face on why he was sharing this, so he continued, "I'm kinda worried about our trip later with the hyungs. There's too many of them and what if we are not able to look out for all of them? What if one of them goes missing? What if one of them gets kidnapped?"

Now, Myungsoo realizes Sungjong's worries.

"Don't worry Sungjong. Nothing bad will happen to them. I'll make sure of it." Myungsoo assured the younger.

---

 

When they had gotten everyone dressed, Myungsoo checked the additional things they packed to make sure they haven't left anything essential behind.

"Let's go?" He muttered, not really asking anyone in particular.

"Wait, hyung. I want to give them instructions first." Sungjong said.

The younger made all the kids sit on the sofa, while he carried baby Sunggyu with him.

"Listen guys. I want you all to behave properly while we travel and not cause any trouble, okay?" Sungjong asked, holding eye contact with each one of them.

Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya and Sungyeol all nodded their heads submissively at the tone of Sungjong's voice (even Myungsoo who was standing behind Sungjong, nodded his head).

"If we go out of the car, I want all of us to be together wherever we go and we always have to look out for each other, make sure that nobody goes astray. Don't ever talk to strangers and always ask for permission if you want to go somewhere. Do you understand?" Sungjong wanted to make everything clear with everyone before leaving their dorm. This way, they might be able to avoid any untoward incident.

They all went out of the dorm together and walked to the elevator to get to the basement parking lot. Myungsoo carried Dongwoo, who was currently the second youngest child in the group, and held Hoya's left hand, while Woohyun held Hoya's right hand. Sungjong on the other hand, carried Sunggyu while he held Sungyeol's hand (Sungyeol should have been holding Woohyun's hand but he insisted that he wanted to hold his "mommy's" hand).

There happens to be an old lady inside the elevator when they walked in. When the elevator started going down, Sungjong can feel the judging stare the lady was giving them, though he wasn't sure what it was about.  Whether she was questioning how two guys, who don't look like teachers or babysitters, were holding little children in that area, thinking they might be kidnappers, he can't know for sure.

He didn't care that much that the woman was looking at them or whatever she was thinking about since he knows that he wasn't doing anything wrong. All was fine, until Sungyeol called him 'mommy' out loud whining about something completely irrelevant and that's when he wanted the ground to swallow him whole (even if they're still inside the elevator). What would the woman think of him, letting a child call him 'mommy'?

He was so embarrassed but he tried his best not to show it.

Sungjong was thankful that the elevator opened at a certain floor and that the ahjumma was preparing herself to get off. Before the elevator door closed though, Sungjong and Myungsoo didn't fail to hear her mutter something about how the 'couple' is still so young yet they already have too many kids and that they should have used protection, but also somehow praising the 'young woman' for being able to maintain 'her curves'.

Sungjong blushed so hard at the comment and he didn't dare look at Myungsoo's face to see what his reaction is. If he had, he could have seen how red Myungsoo's face is as well at the moment.

Sungjong slightly regret wearing short shorts and a figure-hugging sweater.


---


Myungsoo had already placed their bags and set the car seats for the children earlier, so everything was already set when they rode the car. Myungsoo really wanted to commend himself for being able to buy enough car seats for everyone even though he didn't really think about it when he was buying them yesterday. He hastily just bought everything in five sets or more to be sure.

When all children were already strapped in place and Myungsoo and Sungjong were already on the driver's and front passenger's seats respectively, Myungsoo turned the key and started the car.

"Yey! We're going on an adventure!" Sungyeol shouted excitedly and raised his hands up. The others followed suit and also cheered excitedly.

Myungsoo slightly smiles to himself. They indeed look like a cute, little family.

 

 

---

A/N: Yey for a slightly longer chapter. Happy New Year everyone! I'd love to hear what you think of this chapter. I'm so excited for the full MV and for Infinite's comeback. Tell Me is gonna be a hit!!! \(^o^)/