Daddy's Turn

Infinite Kids

Happy Birthday to our beloved Lemon Candy Boy, Sungjongie! <3

---

 

Diapers. Milk Formula. Baby bottles. Toys. Clothes.

Myungsoo just threw whatever baby-related stuff he could find as fast as he could and decided that he and Sungjong could just sort it all out later on. What's more important is for him to get back to their dorm as fast as he can so he could help their maknae.

Before anybody could recognize him, Myungsoo was already done shopping for things and paid for them.

As he drove back to the dorm, he slightly wishes that all of this isn't real, that he was just hallucinating things and that when he comes back, he will see his hyungs in their normal self again. He plans to donate the things he had just bought to an orphanage if that happens.

The hope that bubbled inside his chest burst as soon as he opened the door to their dorm and heard an ear piercing baby's shriek (which clearly doesn't belong to Sungjong). 

He arrived to a scene in the living room where he saw Sungjong trying to appease a crying baby Sunggyu on his shoulder.

He saw a relieved look on the younger's face when he finally saw him at the door.

"Thank God, hyung. We need to prepare Sunggyu hyung's milk already. I don't think he'll stop crying anytime soon." Sungjong said exhaustedly.

Myungsoo knew he's only been gone for about a couple of minutes, but Sungjong looked like he already aged a few years. Poor maknae.

Sungjong went to the kitchen, carrying baby Gyu, to prepare the milk and asked his hyung to watch the others.

When Sungjong left, Myungsoo felt like he took away the calmness with him and chaos took over.

Little Dongwoo, thanks to the new diapers Myungsoo bought, became hyper again.

He had asked Myungsoo to stoop down and Myungsoo didn't know what it was for, but he still followed.

However, he immediately regretted it when his hyung started riding his back and pretended that he was a horse.

What's worse, is that little Sungyeol and little Woohyun thought that making Myungsoo a horse is a good idea and they both tried to ride on Myungsoo's back as well. One of them (he couldn't identify whom) was even pulling at his hair pretending it was the reins. Little Hoya was standing infront of him and was force feeding him a leaf that he got from one of the plants in the living room.

Myungsoo was trying to balance everyone and take them off his back at the same time, while sealing his mouth tight lest Hoya actually manages to put the leaf inside. But he was really doing a poor job at it. They were all clinging to him like velcros.

He suddenly emembers the toys he bought for his hyungs and thanks the heavens that he included them in his shopping.

"Dongwoo hyung, Woohyun hyung, Sungyeol hyung, I will give you toys if you get off my back." he announced. Upon hearing the magic word 'toys', all three immediately got off his back and jumped up and down in excitement.

"How 'bout me?" Little Hoya pouted. Cute, Myungsoo thought. Who knew this hyung could pout cutely?

"I will give you one too if you stop feeding me with plants."

Upon hearing it, his Hoya hyung immediately threw the leaf away and wiped his hand on his shirt as if to wipe the evidence away.

Myungsoo went to get his shopping bags. He was relieved to see that he managed to get four toys. Two toy cars and two toy planes, all in different colors. He made his hyungs fall in line and gave each one a toy.

Everything was going on well for the first few minutes. His hyungs were enjoying themselves with the toys he had given them.

Myungsoo would have been almost proud of himself for being able to manage the four and was planning on telling it to Sungjong, when he saw toy plane heading straight towards him.

He only had time to close his eyes before the plane hit him in the face.

 

 

 

---

A/N:

Hi guys! This might be a bit long.

I just want to share my feelings regarding the things that have been happening in our fandom (assuming the readers of this story are also Inpirits). As every Inspirit should have known by now, Hoya had decided not to renew his contract and we all have mixed feelings about it. In my case, I am really sad and hurt by the decision but I can never and will never hate Hoya for that. If we truly love him as an Inspirit, then we should support him in his decision, right? I sincerely hope he would succeed in whatever plans he has for himself from now on.

Meanwhile, I am really happy and really touched that the other six decided to renew. That they felt that it was only natural that they renew because the fans have supported and waited for them for so long. I hope we could show them that they made the right choice by giving our best in supporting them when they finally make their comeback.

Let us join them as they enter a new chapter as Infinite. <3