Partners Maybe?

Love Me

Taemin Pov

I said goodbye to Key and hurried to the class. I really didn't  understand why he always wanted to be alone. I arrived at the classroom. Where should I sit, I didn't really know anyone in the classroom. I spotted a boy I recognized. He was from the dance club, I saw him practicing. He was a really good dancer. There was an empty seat next to him. I was debating if I should take it or not. Would he say anything if I took the seat? Suddenly he looked up, did he catch me staring. I quickly turned my head down. I should take that seat instead. I glanced at him a little curious about what he was doing. He was waving to someone. I looked behind me but there was no there.

"You can sit next to me" The words startled me a little who said it. I looked around but there was no there. I suddenly felt someone touch my shoulder. I jumped a little in surprise. I turned around

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I just thought that you might want to sit next to someone you might now, we're in the same club after all." In front of me stood the boy. He seemed a bit shy but really nice

"if you want to you can sit next to me." He gave me small insecure smile. How could I say no?

"Oh and my name is Kai"

"Sure, my name is Taemin." I took the seat next to him. We talked a lot before the lesson started. The teacher was late so we had a lot of time. We had a lot of things in common. I also found out that we had a lot of lessons together. It felt good to know that I wasn't alone all the time. Apparently, both of us were good at losing things.


We were standing by the lockers and talking about the dance routine because I missed a lot when I was in detention.

"how come you were in detention. You can't  possibly have made trouble on your first day here"  I was about to answer when JB and his crew walked into the hallways. He was bruised all over. What happened to him?

"Because of him, what do you think happened to him" I whispered. Kai looked a little shocked.

"Probably messed with the wrong people. How come your fine if you were involved with him" His words messed with the wrong people got me thinking about something Jonghyun said" friendly advice don't mess with Onew's chicken"

"I got some help" Kai looked a little bit skeptical.

"It must be someone powerful. I know that Donghae and Eunhyuk can take care of him but they usually are too kind." I knew who Eunhyuk was.He was the leader of the dance club, a nice guy. I couldn't picture him really powerful like Kai said. He was this nice funny guy, who everybody likes but Minho said that he sometimes helped out the football team so everything was possible I guess. I had no clue who Donghae was, no one had mentioned him in my presence before. I was about to ask who he was.

"We need to go now, We don't want to be even a second late to his class" Kai grabbed my hand and practically dragged me away. While dragged me through the corridor, I felt someone watch me, I slowly turned my head around. JB was staring really intensely at me. I guessed that was the real reason we left in such a hurry. Even if we left ten minutes later we would have been early.

Kai wasn't joking when he said that we didn't want to be late for his lesson. We were 15 minutes early but the teacher was already there.There was one student who came like 1 second late and he got 15 minutes late arrival and 30 minutes detention.

"Nice to see you again" That's right the teacher was teacher Park. I thought he really likes to torture the students. He asked really hard questions that he expected us to answer. That lesson was the longest in my life.I was like hell. It felt like he singled me out. I always had to answer the hardest questions. his focus was on me all the time. What had I done wrong? I missed my detention buddies, they could control him in some way. I just wanted to disappear into thin air. Thankfully Kai was there. If he hadn't been there I probably would have left the classroom. When the lesson finally ended I was mentally drained.

"let's go eat." I wasn't too fond of the idea after what happened yesterday but this time I wasn't alone. I never had many friends so I felt kinda secure when I had Kai next to me. He was with me so what exactly could go wrong.And who could say no to him? 

"sure" we started walking towards the cafeteria. With each step, I felt more nervous. I kept telling myself that nothing would happen

There were much more people in the cafeteria than it was yesterday. I couldn't find an empty table. There were people everywhere. too many for my taste. Where exactly should we sit? There wasn't even one table empty. I scanned through the tables and found Onew and Jonghyun. They were surrounded by people who didn't dare to get too close to them. Still, it looked like they had a good time. They were laughing and eating. I wanted to say hi just to get some confirmation that I was safe, that everything that happened yesterday was real. But I was too shy, I couldn't exactly just walk up to the most popular guys and say hi. Everybody would look at me funny and weird and soon the whole school would know it and who knows what would happen then.Not an option. I found Minhos table. He looked even better than yesterday if It even was possible. He was sitting with some seniors I didn't know. They were also laughing and it looked like they had a really good time. I also wanted to join, I just wanted to be near him. One look at him and I was mesmerized. I still don't understand how I managed to work with him during detention. I wanted to walk up to him and say hi but how could I. He was surrounded by his friends and they were having a good time and then I would come and ruin the mood with my hi. I would get pointed out for being near them, I didn't belong to them so what was I doing there. Everybody would be talking about that. So that wasn't an option either. I just had to stand my craving to be near him, someday it would disappear.

"Come on" I had forgotten about Kai for awhile. Had he really found a table? How did he manage to find somewhere to sit in this mess. I would have just walked away with my food, Kai led me to a table in the middle actually quite close to Minho, Jonghyun and Onew's tables. From that table, you had a pretty good view over the cafeteria. At the table, there were already people seated.

"Most of you already know him but this is Taemin" I recognized 3 people at the table. They were Jimin, Lay, and J-hope. the others introduced themselves. I took a seat next to Kai. Everybody was really friendly. I had never met such friendly people before. They were all really kind and accepting. At my last school I was really bullied so I never really knew anyone. That was the reason I changed school. It felt like a really good choice now. There were so many nice people here and I didn't feel alone.

"Where's Eunhyuk shouldn't he be here." 

"Is someone talking about me, so nice. Hi, Taemin nice to see you" A smiling Eunhyuk showed up.

"speaking of the devil," a guy named Shindong said

"So nice of you. Hows school going for you Taemin" Soon our table were also filled with laughter. Eunhyuk made silly jokes and we talked about everything. It really felt like I fitted in here. Everything felt really unreal and I liked it. I must admit that I was a little curious about what the others were doing. I glanced towards Onew and Jonghyun's table. A guy showed up and said something to them. He seemed quite serious and based on their faces it wasn't exactly good news he brought. Onew usually bright smile turned into a deep frown. I looked over at Minho and realized he knew something was up because his smile had also faded. The strange guy left their table soon as he said whatever it was he said. I concentrated on my food instead of him. I heard how his footsteps got closer. He must know someone at this table because he walked in our direction. His steps got closer and the table got quieter. Eunhyuk who had been so occupied by his food realized that we became quieter. I wanted to warn him of the person who soon was behind him but a word didn't come out.

"Why so quiet. Did you run out of things to say" he teased us but soon he realized that someone was getting closer to us. he turned around. I wanted to warn him but I was too late.

"What are you doing here" There was a small smile on his face and he didn't sound shocked or anything. he just seemed confused. I guess he knew him. The strange guy didn't answer instead he whispered something In Eunhyuks ear. I guess it was about the same thing he said to Onew because faster than the lightning bolt Eunhyuk left his seat. They left the cafeteria without a word. We were totally left in shock.

"Do they know each other" A confused Jimin asked. I think all of us wanted to know the answer.

"I'm not sure. Eunhyuk doesn't talk much about his life" Kai answered but I didn't listen because a figure in the food line caught my attention. Key was standing there watching us probably just as confused as I was about what just happened. I waved to him to let him know that he could sit with us but he pretended that he didn't see me or the others. I was sure they also did something to show that he could sit with them. I must say that Key was quite bad at pretending that he didn't see us. I still didn't understand why he always wanted to be alone. Every time someone tried to get close to him he always tried to escape. I wouldn't bother him if he enjoyed being alone but he looks extremely sad like he just tells himself he wants to be alone. I watched him walk outside all alone. somehow my heart sank a bit for him.Why does he keep doing this to himself?

"What are you watching, already got a crush" Kai suddenly teased. I hadn't noticed that a girl had joined us. She was really beautiful, long chocolate hair and beautiful brown eyes.

"No," I said. Kai looked a little surprised by my tone but it didn't seem to bother him. Lucky I didn't want our friendship to end yet.

"This is Krystal, my girlfriend," he said but I had stopped listening again. I looked to see how, Minho, Onew, and Jonghyun reacted. Onew had said something yesterday" Don't let him be alone too much, it's not good for him" I knew that there was some deeper meaning to it that I didn't know. Everyone had listened to his words and I knew that everyone knew that what he said was true. I saw how Onew said something to Jonghyun and left. Jonghyun had a huge grin on his face, what were these two up to. For some reason, he walked over to Minho. He said something and they both got up. I didn't know what they were going to do so I just focused on my food, pretending that I didn't see anything. I was just as bad as Key,

"Are you even listening to us?"Kai asked. I was about to answer when I heard footsteps getting closer. What are they up to.

"Taemin how are you," A creepy smiling Jonghyun said. he is a really nice guy but he is really weird and random.

"D..ooo yooo...uuu k..nn..oo.ww t..hh..eee..mm" Kai stuttered. his eyes looked like two big balls and the girl next to him seemed just as surprised. I was about to answer.

"Can we sit" Minho spoke, his voice was even deeper than I remembered. How could someone be this perfect? Kai could only nod. He didn't dare to say anything else.

"What's your next class.We need you for something" Jonghyun said, what exactly were they up to this time.

"History I think." I glanced towards Minho, Wondering what his reaction was but he was just like a statue.No reaction at all.

"Let me see" I gave him my schedule. Jonghyun was properly the easiest person to talk to.

"Perfect, we have some planning to do, don't move an inch" he almost jumped out of his seat in excitement and pointed a finger towards me at the last words.He really was random. I really wondered what they were up to, I knew they were quite good with coming up with things. like they had put us together on purpose during detention and not just because we were good at writing. We were done earlier than Jonghyun allowed us to say and just don't talk about the paint war. They had so planned it. I don't know how but they did.

"How do you know them. you have only been here one day." Kai 

"If Eunhyuk was here I wouldn't question that they came over but, you have only been here one day," Krystal said. Was it really that weird that they talked to me?

"I met them in detention" I mumbled. It did sound just as weird as I imagined.Why would they even believe that? I would just sound like a crazy person who accused the most popular people of being in detention. They were perfect in most eyes.

"What were they doing in detention" See I knew they would doubt me. I have already destroyed my friendship with Kai.

"Didn't you hear, they did something and got in detention?" Krystal said.So the news had actually spread. I didn't think that they dared to spread that rumor.

"Wait a sec I will call someone to ask" she walked away and I heard 2 names, Luna and Onew.

"Apparently they saved someone in the cafeteria and Teacher Park gave them detention for disturbing the peace" 

"Did they save you, all of them" Kai looked so excited that I felt a bit bad about not saying it earlier.

"Yes, Key stood up for me, and them Minho joined in. Onew and Jonghyun stumbled upon on us on accident"

"Both Key and Onew were involved. They usually don't interfere. Did you talk to Key"

" I talked to Key. he is quite nice. I thought Onew helped a lot of people" Both Krystal and Kai gasped in surprise.

"You really talked to Key. He is known for being really quiet" I truthfully didn't know what to answer. I realized Krystal was a really straight forward person.

"From what I have heard from Eunhyuk, Onew is actually quite shy and doesn't like getting a lot of attention" Kai seemed to know what he was talking about but the Onew I had met didn't seem like that kind of person.

"That's true he quite shy but he doesn't let it show" A quite serious Jonghyun appeared. It was quite different from his usual self but soon he returned.

"Do Eunhyuk know Onew well" I was expecting Kai to answer.

"Onew is actually quite close to Donghae" Jonghyun startled me a bit. I truthfully didn't expect him to answer. Seemed like everybody was surprised. I was really confused.

"Donghae is close to Eunhyuk and both are quite close to me. So they know each other quite well" It was like Minho read my confusion.

" I didn't know they were close" Kai sounded a bit hurt.

"Then the guy who took away Eunhyuk was Donghae," A weak voice asked. It belonged to Jimin. They had been so quiet that I forgot they were there.

"Mm" before any more questions were asked. Jonghyun grabbed my hand.

"We will borrow him for awhile" He dragged me away towards the yard.

"See you later" I shouted over my shoulder.


We were standing in the yard. I got this strange feeling that Kai and the others had followed us out of curiosity.

"This is operation Key" Seriously Jonghyun you couldn't come up with a better name.

"What kind of crappy name is that" Minho took the words from my tongue. I let out a small giggle.

"What are you laughing at. You wouldn't laugh if Onew came up with Name" Jonghyun snapped back.

"He wouldn't come up with such a crappy name, they may be weird but not crappy"

"That's true, but can you come up with a better one."

"You two are quite close to Onew"

"Yes"

"NO"

"Okay, by the way, shouldn't he be here" It wasn't necessary to be so aggressive with his answer. Minho sure has a temper.

"He has something else to take care of first," Jonghyun said with his creepy smile. Every time that smile appeared he had something up his sleeve or he knew something. I wondered what it was this time.

"The point of this operation is to get close to Key. Temin you already talked to him right"

"Yes, I sat next to him on the bus but he didn't talk much"

"Good, keep up the good work"

"Was that all this was about, then why did you ask about my next lesson."

"Of course not, we're getting there" Jonghyun sounded like a strict leader that really had no clue how to be a leader.

"Jonghyun isn't that stupid, he wouldn't create a scene without a reason" Fine my remark was stupid. I looked to my right. Wasn't that Key who hurried towards the building and Onew who seemed to follow him at a safe distance.

"Taemin are you listening" Jonghyun made me realize that I hadn't listened to a word he said. I probably only imagined them.

"Yeah right"

"We all have the same lesson.We will try to get a little closer and observe him"

"Why will we observe him" I didn't like that it felt wrong to observe someone.

"Taemin, darling we need to find out why he avoids people," he said with a sweet tone that made me want to throw up a bit. I didn't like the way he said, darling. Minho also seemed to have a bitter expression. Jonghyun suddenly started laughing.

"You should see your expression, why so serious, lighten up a bit I was just joking."

" We won't force him, we just need to be close to him to protect him a bit"

"Protect him, I think Taemin need more protection than Key" I could feel how my cheeks burned up by the words but it soon died when I saw Jonghyun's expression. He looked like he said something he shouldn't have.

"What's going on" Onew voice was suddenly heard. I didn't even realize that he came.

"Perfect now everyone is here, let's start. We will walk in late to make him think that we don't have that class. Minho you will walk in first and sit next to Key then Taemin will take a seat somewhere close. Last we 2 will walk in. You need to try to figure out how we can get close to him okay" We all nodded.

"But don't force him" Onews words were like an arrow. They hit their target.We want to get him to open up but don't want to force him. What will he say if he ever finds out about this?

"Then see you later," Jonghyun said. He and Onew left were exactly where they heading. It was like 10 minutes left until the lesson starts. They told us to go but not to walk in at the same time.


I don't know where Minho went but when I walked into the classroom he was already there. Next to Key as we said. Onew and Jonghyun was still not here. Soon they also came with another person that I recognized from the detention. The lesson was extremely boring. I didn't like the Victorian period. Through the whole lesson, it felt like someone was watching me. I swear it was Minho but every time I looked his way, he was looking at Key. We were told to observe him but was it really necessary to do it that close. It bothered me. I watched Key sometimes but I didn't understand why he acted that way when he saw Onew. It was like he tried to hide like he was feeling extremely guilty about something. Minho also noticed and about it. Why can't he be like that with me, he usually is so serious. and of course, as soon as the teacher left the classroom trouble would come, The guy I recognized from yesterday approached Key. It looked like he was asking a lot of questions, key looked extremely uncomfortable and Minho seemed to get angrier and angrier. I saw how Minho clenched his fit. I just wanted to run up and knock out the guy and calm Minho down but I didn't dare to. It looked like Key was about to fall over but luckily he didn't but that seemed to be it. Onew's expressions had turned extremely bitter. He suddenly walked over and soon the whole situation was cleared. The lesson ended quite well and it was finally time for club activities. Key rushed out of the classroom. I saw Minho say something to Onew and Jonghyun before Onew hurried out. I wondered if he followed Key and what Minho said. They let me in but at the same time they didn't they knew things that I don't and it didn't seem like they would let me know. That made me a little sad.


"Taemin brings the cleaning tools to the janitors closet"Taeyang said.

"He really likes to push us"

"I hate it when Eunhyuk isn't here" Kai had brought up that a lot. When Eunhyuk isn't here it is hell, they barely dance. When Eunhyuk can't be here either Taeyang or Yunho takes over usually Taeyang and he just gives us chores to do. Taeyang said Eunhyuk had something else to do but I believed it had something to do with what happened at lunch. Apparently, Eunhyuk was absent quite often.

"It isn't that bad when Yunho is in charge at least he lets us dance," J-hope said. I hadn't met Yunho yet but they said he was a really good senior. He was just a little too strict. Suddenly the door opened. It wasn't often someone came during practice even Taeyang seemed surprised.

"Who do you think it is"

"Mabey the principal, he comes to the clubs sometimes" through the door came two people. One everybody recognizes. He was smiling and saying something to the other guy who gave out a small laugh. Eunhyuk was standing there wasn't he supposed to be absent today, Maybe we were saved.

"I will get it, wait here" I heard Eunhyuk say it and the other guy just nodded.

"Eunhyuk what are you doing here, I thought you had something else to do," Taeyang asked with a forced smile.

"I forgot something, what are you doing it doesn't look like our routine"

"Oh, we just took a break and tried something else out" Eunhyuk just gave him a skeptical look.

"Is that the famous mysterious Donghae" Lay asked.

"I think it is, seemed like Minho was right that they were close" I could hear the sadness in Kai's voice. he was hurt that Eunhyuk hadn't told him.

"Found it" It seemed like Eunhyuk found what he forgot.

"Then can we hurry up, I don't want to be late" That surprised us. Nobody thought Donghae would speak. He sounded like a spoiled child.

"We won't be late," Eunhyuk said while he walked towards Donghae

"You said the same thing last time."

"We won't be late this time" Eunhyuk seemed to mess up Donghae's hair. It made him look really cute. Like a little child. It didn't seem like the scary strange guy we met in the cafeteria. He just seemed like a cute young boy. Donghae gave Eunhyuk a light hit on the arm. Their interaction made me smile. I wish I had something like that.

"Is that really the same person we met in the cafeteria"Jimin whispered.

" Yes, I didn't know they were that close. He never told me" Kai sounded so hurt. I didn't know why. As far as I knew they were just friends. I guessed he was just hurt because Eunhyuk didn't tell him about his other friends.

"They have a whole society out there one we will never be a part of"

"What do you mean Kai"

"The richest people all know each other even if we don't know it. We might hang out with them but we're not a part of their society, inner circle. You should be careful Taemin" He was right. In some way, They all knew each other even if they included me I didn't belong there so they wouldn't let me in.

"See you later. Make sure you're practicing hard" Eunhyuk shouted before he closed the door. With him went my hope of dancing.

"Taemin bring these to the janitors closet" Taeyang shouted from the other side of the room. He held out a couple mops and some other cleaning tools. Why did I have to do it.

"Good luck," J-hope said before I walked outside. It really wasn't my day.

"Why do I have to do this" I muttered as I walked towards the janitors closet. Why did it have to be so far away. It was at the other side of the school. I had to pass all the other clubs, the track field and lastly the football plan. I was slowly getting closer to the closet. I don't know why but with every step I got nervous. I was really close to the football plan and I was sweating. I was so nervous but I didn't know why. I saw the football plan and there he stood. My heart stopped for a second and so did I. Minho was standing there and yelling something at someone. He didn't have a shirt on and his sweaty chocolate abs were shining in the sunlight. You could see every drop of sweat on him. He looked even more breathtaking when he was sweaty and without his shirt on. He looked so hot. What exactly was I thinking. I shouldn't think like that about one of the most popular guys in school. I had no chance. Poff!!!!

"Ouch" I cried out with my head toward the ground. It really wasn't my day. Now I even got hit by a ball. How did I miss that it was coming for me. I got punished for thinking about him.

"You okay" Someone yelled. My head felt a bit dizzy. Suddenly a face was in front of me. A face I knew all too well. Minho.

"You okay, can you get up" He helped me up. I was still a little dizzy so I stumbled little. He took a steady grip around my arm. I saw some other people run towards us.

"Take these to the Janitors office. I will take him to the Infirmary" Minhos spoke to the like a true leader. he didn't seem like that type.

"Can you walk" He sounded so worried. Since when did he care that much.

"I'm fine" He let go of my arm. I took one step but I guess I twisted my ankle in the fall so I almost fell again. Luckily a pair of strong arms caught me.

"Lean on me," He said as his strong arm took me by the waist. We started walking but soon my legs started to give in again. This time of exhaustion and pain. My ankle hurt and my head felt like a cloud. 

"Don't get startled" Suddenly he picked me up in bridal style.

"Pu...t me down" I stuttered a little.It didn't make things better when I realized that he still was shirtless.

"I won't" I just hoped that nobody saw us because I couldn't look. I was so embarrassed my cheeks were red like roses. I could hear him chuckle a little. He was so mean.

"We're here, i will put you on the bed" I opened my eyes and realised we were in a white room. He slowly put me down on the bed.

"I will see if the nurse is here" He soon came back alone. He opened a locker and took out a box with some medicine. He walked over to me and took my hand. he had a cotton pad that he put some liquid on.

"The nurse isn't here, so I will just clean up the wounds and put a band aid on it. This might hurt a little" His touch was gentle and nice. Soon a stinging feeling came in touch with my skin. I flinched a little but Minho had a steady grip on my arm. He was right it hurt a bit but soon it was over and I watched how he put a band-aid on my wound. His touch was so gentle.

"All done, I think we should get you home. You might have gotten a slight concussion, so it is best if you go home and rest"

"Sure" I felt a little hurt that he wanted to get rid of me that fast. Didn't he say that I had a concussion, so how would I get home? I guess I didn't look too happy.

"I didn't mean it like that, I will give you a ride home." He suddenly said. Can this guy read thoughts or what? I must admit that I got a bit happy that he would take me home. He went to the door to open it. Suddenly he stopped. Did the door get stuck?

"We have a problem, the door is locked and the lights will go out soon."

"Were we in here for so long and can't you unlock it from the inside"

"I guess we were here longer than we thought. We need a key to unlock it both from the outside and inside" I guess you can say this day broth me some good but mostly bad.

"Is there any way someone can open the door for us.Maybe Key can open the door" Minho didn't laugh.

"Didn't you get it." I was a little disappointed but he seemed really deep in thoughts. I don't think he even heard me.

"I got it I will send Onew a text. if someone will be able to get us out of here it is him" He started typing on his phone

", it died"

"Did you manage to send it"

"I think I managed to send we're stuck but I'm not sure. Do you have your phone" I felt my pockets and realized.

"I left it with my stuff back at the practice studio."

"I hope Onew got that message"