Sick

Love Me

Key Pov

My head hurt. I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want another day at school. I just wanted to sleep. Sleep forever and never waking up. Don't meet all the annoying people all the time. But I can't do that. I have to get up, I slowly open my eyes. So bright. Shouldn't it be quite dark? Did I sleep in? With the sheats like these, I wouldn't be surprised. They are so warm and fluffy. I want to cuddle with them forever. They were so nice. It didn't feel like mine at all. Did mom change them? It didn' really smell like mine either. They smelled more like Onew, not that I know his smell. It wasn't like I caught it all the time he was close to me. Either way, it smelled really nice. My eyes finally adjusted to the light. This wasn't my room. Where am I? The walls were a nice cream color. There were some pictures on the walls. The whole room screamed friendly. Everything was neat and nice.  On the drawer stood some pictures. It looked like a happy family. How did I end up here? Why can't I find a watch? I really wanna know the time. Do I have my phone on me? Found it. Huh. It's one hour left of school. Why am I here and not in school. I need to think, THINK. IT WASN'T A DREAM THAT I FAINTED. I remember the teacher telling us that Onew and Jonghyun were in our group. The nagging headache that had been the whole day. Getting up. Everyone yelling my name. And Onew's Kibum. Then everything is black. How did Onew now my real name? No one except my mother calls me by that. And shouldn't I be in the infirmary. I am pretty sure this isn't the infirmary. If this isn't a part of school I haven't seen, that they use for us sometimes. I doubt that highly. HOW DID I GET HERE. It's driving me crazy. Is it that guy Woohyun. He probably kidnapped me. I knew from the first time I saw him, he had something for me. Did he do something to me? Do I still have all my clothes on, Huh, what a relief, they're still there? I need to escape before he comes back. He might do something if I'm awake. I tried to get up a little. I needed to get a better view. Find the best escape route. But it was hard. Every movement hurt. My body was sore and I had no strength. I managed to get up halfway. So my back was against the pillows.

"You're up?" Oh nooo. 

"Did you think I was dead or what?" I said it without thinking now, I was dead. Why did I have to say that?" You must always pretend to be strong, don't let them see you weak, never" Really thank you, grandma. Now I'm going to die because of that. I slowly went under the comfortable sheats again. I felt safer under them. When I think about it. That voice sounded strangely familiar. It was just a bit darker, deeper and softer. It couldn't be. I heard a soft chuckle. I was right. It is him. No way that I would take wrong on that laugh. Even if it just was a soft chuckle. I wasn't kidnapped by Woohyun after all. Such a relief. I felt a lot safer now. I looked up from the sheets and were met by his beautiful smile.

"Are you feeling better now" I tried to answer but this time my throat was dry like a desert. 

"Want something to drink?"

"Mmm," It was all I could get out. My throat was so dry. He gave me a glass with water. As was just about to drink it.

"Wait, you need to take this with it" He held out a pill. I had never been a fan of them and I had no clue what it was for. I looked at him skeptically. No way I was putting that thing in my mouth, without knowing what it was for.

"Relax, it's for your fever to go down" What fever but I guess I should trust him. I took the pill. I really didn't want to but I guess I had to. I quickly ate it with the water. It felt like it was stuck in my throat. I really hate pills. 

"Where were you when I woke up. I thought I was kidnapped" I don't know when or how but I just let my feelings out in front of Onew. I didn't care anymore. I felt so comfortable with him.

"Is that why you asked if I thought you were dead. That sure is someone who thought he was kidnapped" Since when did he like to tease me. Not that I mind.

"That was just a reaction, but where were you" Don't think he was getting away that easily.

" I was getting some stuff" I guess I could let him get away with that.

"Where am I"

"You sure are full of questions," He said with a chuckle. Am I so amusing? Can he really blame me, he isn't the one who wakes up at a place he has never seen before.

"You're at my house" Did he just say I'm at his house. I'M AT ONEWS HOUSE. How did I end up here. I mentally slapped myself for fainting.

"I'm at your house" I just couldn't believe it. What am I doing at his house.

"Yhea, I wasn't sure your mom was home and I didn't know where your key was. Plus we have almost all the things, that exists at a hospital here" he said with a smile. What did we need hospital thing for. I wanted to go home.  I tried to get up again but it hurt.

" You shouldn't do that. You should rest"

"Why" I so badly wanted to shout it, but I didn't. There really was no reason to shout. I was just so confused and frustrated. I don't know anything and he won't tell me anything.

"You're sick. To get better you need to rest"

"I'm not sick"  He started to laugh again. What is so funny.

"You can keep telling yourself that but I have proof"

"No, you don't"

" I do. First of all your temperature is much higher than usual. I can bet that you had headaches throughout the day. Your eyes are glossy and your pale like a ghost." He somehow looked really proud when he said it. Was it really something to be proud of. And could he really read my mind or something. How else would he know about my headaches.

"Fine, you win. But how did you now. You're not a mind reader right" He was smiling widely. I loved his smile, it was so comforting and nice. It was really wonderful

"I'm not a mind reader. How could I miss that you looked like a ghost. You practically showcased it in the cafeteria, And Minho told me about the headache." So he did notice me but why didn't he say anything to me. I thought he cared. And I will kill Minho. Why did he say that.

"Stop pouting." How could he ignore me when I looked like that. No way he is getting away. I threw a pillow at him.

"Ouch, what was that for," He said with a laugh and faked to get hurt. I picked up another pillow.

"You ignored me when I looked like a ghost. And you could tell I was sick. You should have told me to go home" I almost yelled at him. I threw the pillow at him.

"I'm sorry, I was busy with other stuff" Like he was. I picked up another pillow.

"Don't lie. You were having fun with other people" No way he was going to avoid my pillows. I was filled with energy. I won't stay in this bed when the pillows run out.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you liked when I paid attention to you in the open" I threw another one at him. My pillows ran out. 

"Don't lie. Since when did you care about that" I started getting up to gather my pillows again. I saw how Onew started to escape. No way he was getting away.

"Don't get up. You need to rest. Doctors order" he said with a laugh.

"I don't care" I stuck out my tong at him. I threw my pillows at him. I didn't matter how much he tried to escape. He won't get away. 

"You're lucky that your sick or else you wouldn't get away so easily," he said with a laugh. I must admit it's quite fun to throw pillows at him. I hadn't done it in ages.

"But seriously you should rest. I don't want you to faint again" He said as he was walking closer to me. He was still smiling but I could see he was concerned. Maybe I should listen. I didn't have much strength left anyway. I looked away, so I shouldn't feel like I stared at him.But when I looked in front of me again Onew was just an inch away from me. When did he get there. I froze. Just looking at his beautiful eyes. I didn't notice anything else just those beautiful brown eyes. It was like a whole different world in there. A beautiful reflection of everything. I almost jumped back a little when I felt a cold hand against my forehead. Still, I didn't break our eye contact.

"It seems like your fever has gone down a little but you should still rest," He said while still looking into my eyes. I saw how his eyes went down to my lips and up again. I saw how he hesitated. I wanted him to just do it. He was so close. Beep, beep. It was just great timing. His phone just had to now. He broke our eye contact. I realized what almost happened. I could feel my cheeks burn up. If he looked at me they would be bright red. I can't let that happen. Faster than lighting I dived into the bed and hid under the sheets. I looked up a little to see a very confused Onew. Then he started laughing. HIs laugh was so happy and sweet. I could listen to it all day.

"Sure, I told you, you should rest but you can at least say it. How could you be so fast and quiet" I could still hear the laughter in his voice. Was the red color gone from my face. My cheeks didn't feel as warm anymore.

"I see you like my bed" His bed. Then that must mean I'm in his room. Faster than lighting I was out of the sheets. Sitting on top of the bed instead. I saw how Onew almost bent down from laughter. Ha ha ha, so fun it was. I threw a pillow at him again.

"No, I don't. What was that text?" I was curious about it and after his teasing, he should tell me.

"Jonghyun" Ah right, I just remembered my stuff is left at school and tomorrows weekend. So they will be stuck there all weekend. I had stuff I needed there.

"My stuff" I was pouting again without even thinking.

"Jonghyun will bring them later, And stop pouting you look too cute"

" I don't look cute and he doesn't know the code to my locker"

"Key we know a lot more than you think and don't worry your stuff will arrive here, safe" What did he mean. We know a lot more than you think. What exactly do they know.

"You mean Jonghyun will come here later" I'm going to be so dead.

"Yhea, did you really think Minho and Taemin would just ignore you fainting in front of them. Jonghyun will bring them here" He said it like it wasn't complicated at all. Like it was really normal.

"So all of them will come here"

"Yes and by the way when does your mother get home"

"Why do you wonder?"

"So I know when I should drive you home" It sounded so innocent when he said it. But I knew he just wanted to get rid of me. For some reason, I just wanted to stay here with him.

"If you don't want to stay longer of course" A little late. The damage is already done.

"You can drive me home whenever. My mom won't come home today" I was sure he heard that I wasn't happy.

"Then I won't drive you home" Wait a sec. This wasn't what I meant. I can't exactly walk home. I thought he brought me here to take care of me, not leave me to get home by myself. Or maybe he meant I would stay the night somewhere else. Maybe I shouldn't have trusted him. But something says that I can trust him.

"What" it was all I could get out. I was so confused.

"I can't leave you alone in this state. You will stay the night here" He said with his smile. So he meant I could stay the night here. I think I can manage that without freaking out. I don't remember the last time I slept somewhere else than home, but I should be able to stay here. What could go wrong.

"Thanks" I really didn't know what to say other than that. At least I could be with him a little longer. I didn't realize that he was sitting on the bed too. He was sitting on the side just smiling at me.

"I didn't know you liked that I cared about you" Is this some kind of tease-day. Why does he keep teasing me

" I DON'T" He found this way too amusing. I picked up a pillow ready to throw it at him. He got up faster than lighting from the bed.

" Don't throw it" He was walking backward towards the door. 

"But you have told me otherwise the whole day," He said it with a big smile. Now I knew why he was so close to the door. No way he was getting away. I grabbed the pillow and slowly got up from the bed. At that movement, Onew started running. he knew what was coming. He was so not getting away.

"You stop, When I catch you, you're so dead" I yelled after him. I was running after him in a long corridor. Sure there were rooms but the hallway was seriously long. Like it felt like it never ended. I saw Onew turn around a corner. Finally. I hope it is the end of the hallway. If it didn't end there, the house must be really big. And I thought my house is big.

"Oh, nanna, thank you for cleaning my room but gotta run wanna survive, see you later" I could hear him say.Who was he talking to? I could hear the laugh in his voice when he said the last part.

"Key watch out" Watch out for what? As I rounded the corner I saw a middle-aged woman. A little chubby but cute. She seemed really nice. As soon as she saw me her face light up into a wide smile. Okay, that felt really normal. I half bowed to her, while I ran past her. This was my way of saying hi. She returned it.

"Young man you gotta hurry up if you want to catch him. He is probably close to the living room now" She said behind my back. How was I even able to find him. The hallway stopped alright but it became 2 instead. One on the right and one on the left. Which was I supposed to take. I really didn't want to stop but what if I choose the wrong one, then I might walk into something I shouldn't. This isn't my house so I can't just walk how I want to. I heard a soft laugh from the right one. it sounded like Onew. Should I take a chance or not. It can't hurt that much. I continued to run into the right one. It was also a freakin long corridor. It didn't seem to stop. It felt like I could run here forever. I had totally lost track of Onew and it didn't seem like there was a way out. This whole place felt like a maze. I could feel how I started to run out of breath. I really couldn't run anymore. My body felt weak and I had no strength left. Why did I run after him? Why did he do this to me? I hated being alone in new places.I hate darkness especially when I'm alone. This hallway isn't very wide and it's quite dark. I'm completely lost and I have no clue where Onew is. I held onto the pillow hard as I sank to the floor. I could feel how a tear fell from my eye. I hate the feeling of feeling alone. It wasn't often I felt alone but somehow I always felt alone when I had been near them. Minho, Taemin, Jonghyun and Onew, they made me feel happy. And when I part from them it feels like something is missing. Like a part of me is empty. I didn't want to be in this weird maze, I wanted to be home in my safe bed. Where no one would bother me, where nothing could happen.

It felt like I had been there forever. I was still holding onto the pillow like it was my only hope when I heard footsteps. I heard them but didn't react. I was just wishing for everything to be over. I was out of breath, tired and felt a little dizzy.

"Kibum" I felt a hand on my shoulder. It scared me but soon I relaxed. I recognized the voice. He didn't leave me alone in here. he came back. I didn't even want to question how he knew my real name right now. I felt how he kneeled down next to me. I turned around and hugged him. I hugged him so hard. I didn't want to let go, too afraid that he would disappear when I let go. He hugged me back and somehow his touch calmed me down. It always did.

"What are you doing here" Seriously was that the only thing he could ask. He was the one who ran away, the one I followed, the one who disappeared. And he seriously asked that question.

"What do you think I'm doing here" Seriously he could figure it out himself. I was not going to tell him anything. It doesn't matter what he will say or what he will do. If he does puppy eyes or nor. I won't tell him. He is seriously making me so frustrated. He is the reason I'm here. I was making sure he could tell I was mad. He should feel bad.

"I don't know that's why I asked, I thought you followed me," He said it with such an innocent smile. That was making me so mad, I followed him here. HE WAS THE ONE WHO LEAD ME HERE.

"I FOLLOWED YOU" So well not telling him went. He looked so surprised. What was he so surprised for? Because I didn't start running without following someone. That was it, my patience ran out. I was tired, scared and to top, it all of I was still sick. Not that I admit it. I grabbed the pillow and started hitting him, tears were flowing from my eyes, like a river.

" How could, you leave me alone, just disappear. I hate darkness and you just left me alone" I yelled at him while I was still hitting him. I was crying so hard. For some reason Onew always made me show my emotional side. I didn't even show it to my parents. Suddenly he grabbed my arm to stop me from hitting him and embraced me in a hug. he made it seem like it was so easy to just grab someone's arm and then make the person hug you. If I ever tried that I would fail miserably. I didn't even realize he brought me into a hug. It was just so comfortable until I realized what he did. Tears were flowing down my tears as I tried to get away. I didn't want him to hold me. I wanted to be home in my bed, alone. 

"Let me go" I managed to swallow my tears to say that. I gave up trying to get away. His grip on me was too strong.

"I'm sorry" He whispered in my ear. He sounded so sincere. Maybe I was too mean to him.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were behind me"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were scared by darkness" He continued to say sorry. Maybe I was too hard on him. He didn't really do anything wrong. Somehow I found me relaxing in his arms. I felt so safe again. I was still crying but they slowly became less. He comforted me in such a simple way. Why did I give in to him so easily. It was like he was controlling me in some way but I liked it. I liked his touch. It felt so safe like no one would dare to touch me as long as I was near him. I clung onto him without knowing. I almost drifted into sleep. But went fully awake when I heard him chuckle. What was so funny this time.I pulled awake and purposely pouted. I knew he was weak for it. He could suffer a little once in a while.

"What's so funny" I was making sure he knew I wasn't too happy.

" Like a second ago you were crazy mad at me, and then you really liked my attention" He smiled really wide at the last words. I had no clue what to answer to that. Did I really like his attention

" I didn't know you liked to have my attention that much" Why was he teasing me again.

"I don't," I said with a pout again. This time I didn't do it on purpose. I got up to walk away but I didn't know the way. I could hear how Onew chuckled at my confusion again. He also got up.

"It's this way, come on I have to make dinner" He pointed towards a direction and then started walking. This time I followed him closely as we walked in the crazy long hallway. I was seriously confused with these hallways.


Authors note: I'm really really sorry for the late update. I got a little delayed. I might be able to upload a chapter tomorrow but I'm not sure. After that, I might not be able to update. I'm going away for 2 weeks but when I get back I will update for you :) And I will make sure it's 2 long chapters because of the lack of updates. :)