Chapter 2

What is love?

Luhan, Minseok and Junmyeon were walking back to the dorms. It was still really early so Luhan didn't care about the fact that he and Minseok were holding hands in public, there were bare people. They were silent for the entire walk home. Once they arrived back at the dorms, everyone was awake and were sitting in the living area. Junmyeon walked in first, followed by Minseok and Luhan.

"Where were you?" Jongdae asks as soon as they walk in. "Practice studio." Junmyeon answers. "Why." The others immediately ask. Junmyeon sighs and looks at Luhan, who didn't let go of Minseoks hand yet. Luhan softly nods as an answer to Junmyeon. 

"Luhan has something to tell us all." Junmyeon says. Luhan looks at Minseok and then let's go and walk over to Junmyeon. He softly sighs before starting to speak. 

"I have decided to leave the company. I've been feeling like this for a long time and I already talked about it with Minseok and Junmyeon." He started to tear up. 

"Luhan," Baekhyun started. "Why are you leaving?” Luhan sighs before explaining them everything. When he was done talking Minseok softly backhugged him to calm him down a bit. Everyone was silent for a while. Junmyeon was the first one to speak. 

“Luhan, I think I speak for us all as I say that we support you completely. We´re sorry to hear that you also leave, but if you think that´s better for you, then that’s okay. We´re sorry for everything and we love you.” The others nod. Luhan started crying again.

“Believe me, I rather stayed with you all, but it’s getting to much for me, I love you all.” Luhan says while whipping his tears away. They talked about the situation for 30 minutes and then the subject changed to the normal stuff they usually talk about.

 “Let´s go to our room okay?” Minseok whispers. Luhan nods. They excuse themselves and walk to their room. Minseok sits down on the bed. They both were silent until Minseok said: “One week?” with tears in his eyes. Luhan nods. He rarely saw Minseok cry, so he wasn’t used to seeing him like this. It hurt him, he hated seeing him like this.

“What’s going to happen to us?” Minseok asks. Luhan sat down next to him. “I don’t know.” They were silent for a while before Luhan spoke again. “Do you think we can stay together?” Minseok looked at him. “I don’t know.” He spoke barely hearable. They were silent for again. Luhan then pulled Minseok in for a hug. “Please remember that when I’m gone, I’ll always love you.” Minseok started crying again. “I love you too.” He softly says back. 

They sat like this for a little before they here Junmyeon call. They needed to go and practice. Luhan sighed and kissed Minseoks forehead. “I don’t want to go.” He hears Minseok say. He smiles softly. “We have too baby, come on.”

The next week went by quickly. Minseok and Luhan had decided to break up. It wasn’t possible to stay together. Minseok would be too busy promoting with EXO in Korea and Luhan would be too busy promoting in China. It simply wasn’t possible for them to stay together. Luhan was the one who suggested it. Minseok hated the idea, but he hated it more if they couldn’t see each other if they stayed together. 

It was Luhans last day here. He would leave tonight. It was their last day together and they had the day off. The others were nice enough to leave them alone today so they could spent it together. Everybody was kind off down today because they all didn’t want Luhan to leave.

Minseok woke up earlier than normal. He looked up and saw that Luhan was still asleep. He sighed. He was going to miss him so much. He felt tears coming up again and cuddled a bit closer to Luhan. It woke Luhan up so he looked down. It broke his heart seeing him like this. He wrapped his arms a bit tighter around him and kissed the top of his head. Minseok looked up. Luhan smiled at him. 

“Good morning baby.” Luhan says. Minseok smiles and kisses him. “good morning.” Luhan grabs his phone to check the time. 08:06. He sighs. 12 hours and he would have to leave. He was going to the airport alone but Minseok insisted on driving with him. He couldn’t go with him and wait at the airport because of the fans who’d probably be there.

The day went by slowly. They didn’t do much. Around 1 pm the decided to go out and eat something. They went to their favorite place. After they ate they decided to just take a walk. Luhan grabbed Minseoks hand and intertwined their fingers. “Luhan.” Minseok quietly says while looking at their hands. “It’s okay, there are bare people here, and to be honest I don’t really care if they see us right now.” Minseok smiles at him.

At 4 pm they arrived back to their dorms. Luhan had already packed most of his stuff and started packing the rest. Minseok sat down on the couch and sighed. He grabbed his phone. He and Luhan always had the cutest couple backgrounds. He smiled while he unlocked his phone. Jongdae sat down next to him and put his arm around him.

“Hey, how are you?” Jongdae asks. Minseok looks at him. Jongdae has been his bestfriend since he entered the company. They spent a lot of time together in the beginning because they had to study Chinese together. Whenever Minseok wanted to talk, Jongdae was there for him. He adored him and was happy to have him in times like this.

“Could be better.” Minseok answers. “If you need somebody tomorrow or tonight, come to me okay?” Jongdae says. Minseok nods. “Thanks.” He softly says. Luhan came in again and Jongdae stood up. Luhan sits down next to Minseok. 

“I’ve got you something.” Luhan says while smiling brightly. Minseok smiled back. Luhan hands him over a small box. Minseok opens it. Inside is a small neckless. It are two small, silver rings connected to each other. Minseok looks at Luhan and notices his wearing a necklace too. But his was only one ring. Luhan takes the necklace out the box and tells Minseok to turn around so he can put the necklace around his neck.

Minseok takes to two ring between his fingers as he looks at it. Luhan wraps his arms around Minseoks waist and kisses his cheek before resting his head upon Minseoks shoulder. Minseok smiles as he quickly wipes his tears away. “I love you Luhan.”

“I love you too.” Luhan answers as he started kissing Minseoks neck. Minseok moaned softly as Luhan decided to leave a hickey. “Lucky, now you’ve had 2 presents.” Luhan says. Minseok quickly turns around and playfully hits Luhan, which ended up in Minseok falling over on top of Luhan. They’re both laughing, Luhan wraps his arms around Minseok and Minseok cuddles up against him.

They just cuddled for the rest of the day. It was 7:30 and Luhan was saying his goodbyes. He hugged everyone and talked with them for a little longer. He waited with saying goodbye to Minseok and Junmyeon till last. 

“Thanks for always being here for me Junmyeon.” Luhan says as he hugs Junmyeon. Then he walks towards Minseok who was silently waiting for his turn. Even though he went with him, they did want to take a proper goodbye as they couldn’t in the car.

“Minseok,” Luhan says but he couldn’t finish his sentence as he started crying while he wanted to hug him. They stood like that for a little before Luhan kissed him. “let’s go.” He says while wiping Minseoks tears away. Minseok simply nods. He grabs his hands and says his final goodbyes to the guys. They silently walk to the car and get in.

The entire car ride was silent. Minseok was exhausted even though it was only 8 pm and they barely did anything. He was exhausted because he was trying to stay calm while the person he loves the most leaves. He still hated and he didn’t know what he was going to do when he was back. He looked at Luhans hand, which were playing with his. 10 more minutes. Then it was all over.

Luhan rested his head against Minseoks. 5 minutes. Then they’ll arrive. Those 5 minutes past by slowly. 4 minutes…3 minutes….2 minutes…. 1 minute. They arrived. Minseok held Luhans hand tightly. He didn’t want to let go of it.

Luhan turn over so he faces Minseok. He places his hand on Minseok cheek and kisses him softly. “Minseok, I love you, don’t ever forget that okay. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me and I will never forget you, but we need to move on.” Minseok teared up and Luhan kisses him one more time. “I love you too Luhan.” And with that he walked away. Minseok was left alone in the car.

Luhan was gone, and he couldn’t change that. He started crying softly while holding his neckless.

“I love you.” Minseok quietly says.