chapter 3

What is love?

Minseok as silent for the entire car ride home. He kept holding on the his necklace and cried silently. He arrived back at the dorms around 9 pm. He walked in and saw Jongdae sitting in the couch, waiting.

"Hey," Jongdae says while getting up. He walked over to Minseok and hugged him. Minseok started crying again. Jongdae softly rubbed Minseoks back to calm him down a bit. Jongdae places his hand on Minseoks head and goes with his fingers through his hair.

"Go to sleep okay? I know it's early but you need to rest well." Jongdae says softly. Minseok softly nods and they break apart. Before Minseok can leave to his room, Jongdae grabs his arm.

"Minseok, you know that you can come talk to me right? Im here for you." Minseok nods. "Thank you." He says while tearing up slightly. Jongdae softly smiles at him.

Minseok walked to his room and fell down on his bed. He grabbed his phone, but froze when he wanted to unlock it. His background was still a picture of him with Luhan. He small smile appeared on his face. He puts his phone down again and gets up. He and Luhan had put their beds together so they could easily sleep together, because the beds were kinda small. Minseok sighed. "Might as well put his bed back." He thought. He put Luhans bed back in place.

He walked to the closet the change. He saw Luhan had left some clothes and he grabs one of the shirts and puts it on. He sighs as he lays down in his bed. Minseok started to think about how he needed to continue with everything but without Luhan. He and Luhan had done so many things together in the 2 years they were together. Minseok was a very shy person so he was happy that he had Luhan on his side, but he was alone now. He still had Jongdae, but that was different.

 

Minseok grabs his phone and again and decides to go through his gallery. He smiles as he went through their pictures together but stopped by one particular one. It was a picture of them sleeping. Luhan had is arms around Minseoks waist and Minseok was all cuddled up against him. Both of them were asleep so he assumed Jongdae took the picture. He smiles while he softly begins to cry again. He puts his phone away and tries to sleep.

 

The next day was horrible. Minseok barely slept because he couldn’t fall asleep. He was so used to have Luhan next to him. They had practice today and Minseok wasn’t looking forward to it. He skipped breakfast because he wasn’t feeling hungry. He went to the bathroom to wash up. He looked in the mirror. He looked terrible. He looked so tired and his eyes were all puffy from the crying. He sighed and got ready.

 

Two weeks pass by of hard work and a lot of practising. But for Minseok the situation didn’t get much better. He was starting to feel depressed and barely ate anything, which resulted in him losing a lot weight.  

They got off earlier today and decided to go out for dinner together. Minseok first didn’t want to come along, saying he was to tired, but Jongdae basically forced him to come along. He just sat there and waited for the food to arrive. He said he didn’t feel so well so he had an excuse for not eating that much.

 

They went back to their dorms and as usual, Minseok immediately went to his room. He sat down on his bed and sighed. These past two weeks have been horrible. He missed Luhan like crazy, but they made an agreement to not text or call that much, cause Luhan knew how hard it would be for him.

 

Minseok still had trouble falling asleep. Every night he would fall asleep around 3 am but wake up a few hours later, panicking because he was alone. He talked about it with no one. He tried to hide his eating problems and depression as good as possible.

 

Another week passes and Minseok was getting thinner and thinner. He wore big sweaters so the others wouldn’t notice. It was a 3 weeks since Luhan left the company but Minseok wasn’t feeling any better. Jongdae started to notice that Minseok still didn’t feel well, but he didn’t came to talk to him. So Jongdae decided that he went to Minseok tonight.

 

He walked into his bedroom without knocking. Minseok was in the process of changing and didn’t notice Jongdae walking in. Jongdae saw how thin Minseok had gotten a lot thinner in those 3 weeks and he gotten very worried.

 

“Minseok” Jongdae says. Minseok quickly turns around, looking shocked. “I didn’t hear you coming in.” Minseok says softly, looking down. “Minseok are you okay?” Jongdae asks. Minseok looks at him. He could say everything. How it was killing him that Luhan was gone, that he hated that he was alone now, that he didn’t eat anymore because of all the pain. Or he could simply deny it. He went with the second option.

“I’m fine.” He simply answers. Jongdae looks at him. “Minseok, you and I both know damn well that you’re not okay. I told you that if you wanted to talk that I was here for you, why didn’t you come to me?” Minseok looked like he was about to cry. He didn’t answer, he was just silent and looked down. Jongdae walked up to him and hugged him. Minseok couldn’t take it and started crying.

 

“shh, it’s okay?” Jongdae says softly. They stand like this for a little till Minseok calmed down a bit. Jongdae looks at him and wipes his tears away. “do you wanna talk? Minseok softly nods. Jongdae sits down on his bed and Minseok sits down beside him but stayed silent. Jongdae puts his arm around Minseok so he would be more comfortable. Minseok hesitated a little but eventually gave in and snuggled up against Jongdae.

 

Minseok finally opened about everything that happened in these past 3 weeks. Jongdae listened to everything.  They made plans for Minseok to gain his weight back. They talked all night and Minseok fell asleep at 3 am still cuddled up against Jongdae. He finally slept good in 3 weeks because he didn’t sleep alone. Jongdae didn’t mind, he actually had a crush on Minseok for quite some time now. He hated seeing him like this, so he wanted to be there for him. Jongdae kissed his forehead before falling asleep.