Chapter 6

What is love?

Minseok and Jongdae were woken up by a screaming and crying chanyeol. “B-Baekhyun, he pa-passed out a-and hit his head against the s-sink.” Chanyeol manages to say. Jongdae sprints to the bathroom, Minseok and Chanyeol following him. Jongdae kneels down bedsides Baekhyun. 

“Baekhyun are you okay? Can you hear me?” Jongdae softly shook his shoulders. He then notices Baekhyuns head was bleeding from where he hit the sink. “Call an ambulance now!” Jongdae yells, waking up the other members. Junmyeon walks in confused, but as soon as he sees Baekhyun on the floor, he starts panicking too. 

Minseok just stood in the door opening, looking at everything that was happening. Then he notices the empty bottle of pills. “The pills.” Minseok softly whispers. Nobody heard him because of the chaos. Jongdae and Junmyeon were still kneeled down next to Baekhyun. Junmyeon made sure everyone was out of the bathroom. 

Minseok walked towards them slowly and kneels down besides Jongdae, who grabs his hand immediately. Minseok placed his other hand on Baekhyuns cheek. 

“will he be okay?” Minseok asks. Jongdae nods. “He only hit his head against the sink, he should be fine, don’t worry too much okay?” Minseok shakes his head and pointed at the empty pill bottle. Jongdae lets go of Minseoks hand and grabs the pill bottle. Minseok looks at Jongdae with tears in his eyes. Jongdae let go of Baekhyun and hugged Minseok. 

“It’s my fault.” Minseok says. Jongdae rubs his back. “I’ll take care of Baekhyun, take Minseok away from here and calm him down.” Junmyeon says. Jongdae nods and walks away with Minseok. They sit down on the couch, Minseok immediately cuddles up against Jongdae and started crying.

“Minseok, it’s not your fault. It’s not your fault that Baekhyun took your pills. It was his choice to take them.” Jongdae says as he kisses Minseoks forehead.

“but I left them there Jongdae, if I had put them somewhere else he couldn’t take them.” Minseok says sobbing. Jongdae sighs softly. He pulls Minseok a bit closer and tries to calm him down. 10 minutes later Baekhyun was brought to the hospital. Junmyeon and some managers went with him. Junmyeon wanted the rest to stay home, calm down and get some sleep.

Minseok couldn’t sleep that night. He kept thinking about what happened to Baekhyun. He wanted to know what caused him to take an overdose. He then remembers Jongdae went to talk with Baekhyun after their practise. Jongdae was already asleep, but Minseok still decides to wake him up.

“Jongdae.” he whispers as he softly shakes Jongdae awake. He’s kinda confused but then saw that Minseok was almost crying. “Minseok are you okay?” he immediately asks. “I can’t sleep.” Minseok whispers. Jongdae tightens his grip around Minseok and kisses the top off his head. “It’s okay baby.” He softly says. 

“Jongdae can I ask you something?”” Minseoks then . Jongdae nods. “you went to talk to Baekhyun before he went out again yesterday, what did he tell you?”

Jongdae was silent for a while. He was still shocked by what Baekhyun has told him last night. He sighs. “it was nothing important, just go to sleep okay.”

“Jongdae,” Minseok starts again, but he couldn’t finish his sentence as Jongdae kissed him. After a few minutes they broke apart. 

“Minseok please, I don’t want to talk about it right know okay?” Minseok nods softly. Jongdae sighs. “I’m sorry Minseok.” Jongdae says as he kisses Minseok again. “It’s okay.” Minseok whispers. He quickly kisses Jongdaes cheek and tried to sleep again. He knew for sure that something happened last night but Jongdae didn’t like it. He sighs but eventually fell asleep.

The next day they went to visit Baekhyun at the hospital. Minseok and Jongdae got into the car. They needed to make sure nobody saw them getting into the hospital because fans can’t know what happened or who they are visiting. Arrived at the hospital they were told in what room Baekhyun was and they went to his room. Junmyeon hadn’t left and was asleep in a chair next to Baekhyuns bed.

When Minseok saw Baekhyun, he held Jongdaes hand a bit tighter. “It’s okay Minseok.” Jongdae softly says. He himself was also scared. Scared that Baekhyun, one of Jongdaes closest friends, would die. And that it would be his fault. He shouldn’t let Baekhyun go out that night. He should not have yelled at him. He had to be understanding for his friends feelings but he ignored him instead of trying to help him. Yet it still hurts him that he admitted that he liked Minseok for such a long time.

Jongdae looks at Minseok, who walked towards Baekhyun. Minseok sits down on the edge of the bed. He grabs Baekhyuns hand as he teared up. Jongdae walks over to Minseok and stands behind him, placing his hands on Minseoks shoulders. A little later one of the doctors walked in.

“Goodmorning,” He says. Minseok and Jongdae answer with the same. “So I assume you’re his friends?” the doctor says. They nod. The doctor explains the situation and what happened exactly. Jongdae and Minseok had listened to everything in silent. 

“He should be okay again, but take good care of him when he’s back home. He overdosed with a reason.” Jongdae and Minseok both nod. The doctor then left the room. Minseok looked at Baekhyun as he kept holding on to his hand. 10 minutes later they wake up Junmyeon and decide to go home. 

The next week went by slowly. The boys went to visit Baekhyun every now and then. After 4 days Baekhyun had woken up, but he didn’t talk yet. It’s not that he couldn’t talk, it’s that he wanted to talk to one person only, but he didn’t visit him yet. He waited patiently for Minseok to visit him. Alone.

A week after the incident Minseok finally visited Baekhyun alone. He was nervous because he knew Baekhyun was awake. Minseok wanted to go alone because he wanted to talk with Baekhyun. He was desperate to know what happened that night, why Baekhyun stormed out again and lastly, why he overdosed.

Minseok decided to walk to the hospital. It gave him a little time to clear his head. It was a 30 minute walk so it was pretty do able. The closer he got to the hospital, the more nervous he got. What if Baekhyun didn’t want to talk to him. What if Baekhyun was so done with everyone that he don’t even want him to come in. what if Baekhyun… Minseok was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t notice the car almost hitting him. He jumps up and the car keeps on driving. Minseok sighs and keeps on walking.

10 minutes later he arrived at hospital. He quickly walks to Baekhyuns room. He walks in and smiles when he sees Baekhyun, sitting and eating something. Baekhyun notices someone walking in. when he sees its Minseok, he immediately stops eating.

“hey.” Baekhyuns softly says as Minseok walks towards him. “Hey.” Minseok answers. He sits down on the edge of Baekhyuns bed. “How are you feeling?” Minseoks asks. “could be better.” Baekhyun answers. Minseok sighs softly. “Have you eaten well?” He then asks. Baekhyun nods. “Good.” It was silent for a little.

“Baekhyun, may I ask you something?” Minseok asks. Baekhyun nods. “Sure.” Minseok sighs again. “I get it if you rather don’t answer, but do you remember the evening you talked with Jongdae, before you stormed out? What did you talk about?” Minseok asks really softly. Baekhyun was silent, not because he didn’t remember, he remembered everything. Everything he said to Jongdae. He looks down.

“I’m sorry Minseok.” He eventually says and starts crying. Minseok carefully hugs Baekhyun. “Baek, it’s okay if you don’t remember, you can’t help it.” Minseok says. “No it’s not that.” Baekhyun says. They’re silent for a while. Baekhyun stopped crying and Minseok let go of Baekhyun. 

“Baekhyun what’s wrong?” Baekhyun avoids looking at him. Minseok sighs. “I should go home, Jongdae is waiting for me.” Minseok softly says. Before he could walk away, Baekhyun grabs his wrist. “Hyung please stay.” Minseok looks at Baekhyun, who was almost crying again. “I’ll tell you, but I want you to know that I’m happy for you okay? But you need to let me finish.” Minseok looks confused but sits down again.

“Hyung, I like you, and with that I really mean like, more than a friend. Since the moment I came in the company, I liked you. But you were dating Luhan already. I learned to live with the little crush I had it was hard but I manages to do it. When you guys broke up, I felt extremely bad for you, you suffered so much, but I was too scared to help you. Jongdae wasn’t. I adored the moments we went out together. Just taking a walk. I finally got confident enough to confess to you, wanted to do that on the day Jongdae told everyone that you were together. I got so heartbroken that needed to be alone for a little.”

Baekhyun was silent for a little. He looked at Minseok who was a little confused but was still listening.

“The night Jongdae wanted to talk to me, I told him everything. He got angry and yelled at me. he wanted to calm me down after that cause he immediately felt sorry, but I ran off. If you didn’t notice yet, I smoke. It helped me to calm down. That night I was so drunk that I wanted to end my pain. I regret that decision so much. I can’t give up on you, EXO, EXO-L and everyone. I love you all too much.”

Minseok was silent for a long time. After a few minutes of silence he finally spoke, “I-I need some fresh air.” And he runs out Baekhyuns room. He runs out of the hospital. He started crying. Now he knew why Baekhyun was acting so weird lately. It’s all clear now. Minseok didn’t knew where to go. He can’t go back to Baekhyun now, but he also didn’t want to go to the dorms. He already knows that everyone was going to ask about Baekhyun so that wasn’t an option. He also doesn’t want to be with Jongdae right now, but he wants to talk to someone. Someone that will understand him. Someone that knows how to react in these kind of situations. 

There was only one person that Minseok knew that could help him.

Luhan.