o4

Class of Saints
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

o4 The New Classmates

 

Knock Knock

 

Na Bi had thought what was done should be done…but somehow she ended up in front of the double wooden white doors that matched the walls of the South Building unlike the usual grey-tone sliding doors the classrooms had. Amidst first period Literature she was called down to the principal’s office. All her classmates were staring at her with a curious yet judgmental gaze as she was excused to exit class. The principal cannot be looking for her for a measly reason, especially since the events of last week. What else can cause so much attention to fall on her? She had been so good at flying under the radar…She didn’t want to dwell on it but unconsciously she had already opened a door she could not close.

 

What was she to do? Pretend nothing happened?

Pretend Lee Woo Jin didn’t look at her like she is a total creep and avoided her like a plague? Pretend she doesn’t see Ji Seo Woo’s stares…well, glares? Pretend S Class’s fearless leader doesn’t smile at her like he knows her when they pass by each other? Or, pretend the younger half American boy and two other younglings of S Class didn’t peak into Year One Class Three everyday at least once? Na Bi soon noticed a sudden gain in even more unwanted attention. It started with the girls in her class whispering about her, giving her looks and it then escalated to students from the whole school glancing and whispering at her. It made her feel so fidgety and uncomfortable being surrounded by all those pairs of eyes that followed her but there is nowhere for her to escape to. Not even her favorite spot up in the North Building. She didn’t want to run into Yoon Jeong Han and his groupie again. Besides even if they aren’t there…She had unconsciously felt the secret location did not feel as exclusive to her anymore.

 

Na Bi sighed.

 

 

“…Everyone can choose solitude but we are always the better versions of ourselves if we stand among others that support us and we support…”

 

"…We did. Hwang Na Bi and S Class did..."

 

“…You being born with your ability is the hard truth you have been chosen to take on the responsibility so the two realms of our world do not cross…”

 

“…You think any one of us had to choose to be a hero or not?”

 

 

“Ah Hwang Na Bi-shii, good, you’re here.” A deep husky voice of the man behind the door said. A handsome man in his early thirties appeared wearing a simple pinstripe navy suit paired with a black shirt underneath. He opened the door wide inviting Na Bi into his office space and closed it behind her once she entered.

 

“Principal Kim, is there something you wanted to talk about?”

 

“Please sit,” Principal Kim gestured for Na Bi to make herself comfortable at a nicely cushioned seat just before his desk. Principal Kim is Ji Seo Woo’s uncle, the whole school knows and that is also probably why no one dares to cross paths with her either. Principal Kim Jae Joong is a man in his early thirties and rather young to be principal but even though he is young, the way the man carries himself calls for authority that no one dares to question. He knows how to deal with matters concisely and fairly and earns respect everywhere. “Seo Woo has filled me in regards to you. Sorry for not knowing earlier of your ‘situation’…if I had noticed earlier I would’ve placed you in S Class from the very beginning.”

 

“Its fine Principal Kim. I am fine as it is in Class 3.”

 

Principal Kim rested his head on the back of his hand as he leaned in and stared at Na Bi with his wild eyes, “your grades are at the top of your year S Class might not be a bad idea for you. You may study on your own time and you wouldn’t have to be bothered with following the pace of the lessons all your other classmates are learning at. Why don’t you give it a try? If you decide you are really against it I can transfer you back to the normal classes. What do you think?”

 

Although she felt as if Principal Kim brought her in to convince her into joining S Class she had gradually decided she wasn’t exactly opposed to the idea even before being called down to his office. He has a point; she can study on her own accord instead of constantly having to go over things she had already learned herself. The best part is—she can escape the awkward stares she catches from her classmates.

 

“I guess it won’t hurt to give it a try.” Na Bi replied.

 

 

 

`

 

 

The fourteen S Class students were all lounging around in their classroom, a space that is made specifically for them to train and pass time. Compare to other classrooms it is definitely a space that looked more like a club room with sofas, a few arcade machine games and generally more elevated furniture rather than the dull monotonous rows upon rows of desks. The space is charming in a way where there are windows in the main floor; letting in a good amount of natural lighting but it also had two flights of escape style stairs that led into an outdoor area that overlook towards the North Building.

 

“You think she’ll join us in the end?” Jun asks as he made himself comfortable on one of the leather sofas. Seo Woo sat across from him in a matching armchair playing with her necklace lazily, “beats me, I said to her everything I had to say.”

 

“You know that isn’t true noona. You’re the one who has been pushing for her transfer more than any of us.” Seung Kwan said as he laid himself out across the remaining side of the sofa set.

 

Seo Woo sighs.

 

 

Knock Knock…Knock

 

 

“Is that the door?” Seung Kwan asks as he flips over and freezes in his position to listen.

 

“Yes, go get it.” Seo Woo grumbles. Jun glanced over, sensing that Seo Woo has been letting out frustration lately. It must be the whole recruiting Hwang Na Bi thing slightly hurting her pride. It did not go as she planned. On top of that frustration a girl constantly hanging out with thirteen boys isn’t easy…doesn’t matter if your invincible Ji Seo Woo or not.

 

“Omo…It’s Na Bi noona...” The boy who answered the door looked shocked with his round eyes widened. Hwang Na Bi stared back at him as he froze with the door half opened. He had a rounder face than all the other S Class boys and was one of the younger boys that peaked into her class once in awhile.

 

“Hyungs! Seo Woo noona! It’s Hwang Na Bi!”

 

“Stop yelling Seung Kwan we can here you. Let her in then.” Na Bi can hear Ji Seo Woo’s stern voice from beyond the door. The boy named Seung Kwan nodded and widened the door for Na Bi to enter. Na Bi looked around what she thought is S Class’s classroom to her bewilderment did not look like a classroom at all. Sure they had a black board in front but instead of rows of desks is a long glass ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter