o1

Class of Saints
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

o1 The Butterfly, The Saints and The Boy

 

 

    Literature class has the same atmosphere as always. The 'tack tack tack' of the white chalk against the board rang monotonously through the classroom while the students scratched the content on the board to their notebooks. There were also the couple of boys sitting in the last row taking a snooze behind their textbooks. 

 

Na Bi looked out the windexed windows faintly stained with water streaks. Her eyes wandered outside onto the field where she catches sight of the year one boy she always sees, staring back at her and holding his soccer ball... She had already revised over the poem they were studying from unit three. All her notes were neatly written beside a copy of the poem and some verses highlighted and defined. It wasn't like Na Bi is a keener or a genius of any sort...She just so happen to have a lot of time from not really having any friends nor having any hobbies or interests. Besides helping her grandmother with the family business here and there she dedicates her time to her studies and soon enough something like making top student in her grade became easy.

The sudden shrill gasps and giggles of her classmates broke Na Bi out of her trance as she turned her head around to look towards the commotion.

 

"Omo! Did you see? Seung Cheol sunbae just looked into our classroom!"

 

"Seung Cheol sunbae made eye contact with me! I swear!"

 

"Ji Soo sunbae and Jeong Han sunbae looks like a pair of angels descending from heaven!"

 

"Ah! Omo! Soon Young sunbae is waving! He is waving! Oh my god I am going to faint!!!"

 

Na Bi stared blankly across the classroom towards the indoor windows that outlook into the school hallway. Her female classmates were going berserk over the passing students of S Class.

S class is an advanced placement for students who are known to be talented and exceeds academic expectations either through athleticism or studies. More or less they have to be well-rounded students pretty much good at everything or specializes in a particular study or field beyond being above average in everything else. The S class stood for 'Special Class' (way to be apparent with the favoritism) but among the student bodies they were above being just special they are practically gods and are known as 'The Class of Saints'—Beyond all the advance academics and atheleticism the student body really just saw them as attractive people to idolize. Na Bi watches the unfolding scenario in front of her with her usual indifference and thinks it is absolutely absurd...yeah they were a few good-looking kids, yeah they were winning championships through every sport and academics that offers a championship and yeah, they had this weird untouchable aura about them but hailing them as gods of the school? That is just beyond absurd.

Unintentionally Na Bi makes eye contact with the last passing S Class student—Ji Seo Woo. The upperclassman had her dyed ash brown shoulder length hair up in a relax ponytail. Ji Seo Woo is tall among the girls at school as she stood at five foot seven and with her long lanky legs and slim build she looks like a model that popped out of Vogue Korea. The boys in Na Bi's class, no even the entire male student body at school, obviously found her attractive but Ji Seo Woo has established herself to be extremely fierce and a no nonsense type of person...So now all the boys in school are all too scared to even so much as thinking of liking her. As Na Bi's eyes followed her, Ji Seo Woo's eyes were almost condescending before she breaks eye contact with Na Bi and left the frame of sight beyond Year 1 Class 3's window.

 

"Okay please settle down! Settle down now everyone!" Literature teacher Jung raised his voice and soon the giggles and screams simmered down to silence. Besides...S Class is already beyond Year 1 Class 3's viewing. There is nothing more for them to scream about.

 

 

'

 

 

The S Class students passed through the first year hallway and exited the building to walk towards their usual hangout spot. They usually come out for a breather when class is still commencing for the rest of the school.

"Nice job Choi Seung Cheol... Thanks for leading us towards a mass of screaming little girls." Seo Woo chided as she nudged past the class president of S Class. Her sarcasm thick and eyes leering but still carried an air of playfulness to her.

"Yeah hyung my eardrums were about to burst." Vernon grumbles as he rubbed his ear.

Seung Cheol narrowed his eyes at the two but did not bother to argue with a grimace upon his lips.

"Awwww...How cute, our Seo Woo noona is jealous other girls are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter