o2

Class of Saints
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

o2 The Vision

 

 

Before class starts in the morning Hwang Na Bi had a habit of running off to the North building roof terrace. She likes the quietness of the location compared to the bustling and chattering of her fellow students in the classroom. The girls had nothing better to talk about but clothes, makeup and boyfriends. The boys would sometimes stare at her but never really made more conversation than what they needed to. Initially her classmates had tried to befriend her but they quickly gave up due to Na Bi's indifferent nature. Na Bi also felt it too much of a hassle to upkeep such relationships—besides something like 'friendship' is just meant to be so fickle where in a couple of years you can be walking past each other and pretend you have never known one another. Na Bi did not feel bothered by the distance she created, in fact the further they were to her the closer she can keep her secrets to herself. If they knew what she can feel...what she can see...they will only see her as a freak.

 

They are not aware of what lies beyond the surface of their surrounding...

They cannot see them like she can...

They are outsiders to her world as she is to theirs...

 

Na Bi sighed and took in a breath of fresh morning dew air. The roof terrace is actually not an easy place to find. In fact it was because two months ago an encounter with the faceless lady in the third floor girls washroom had caused her to be chased all the way to the North building emergency exit. Cornered, having no choice but to go through the emergency exit Na Bi found her way to this serene terrace overlooking Il Yang High School. For some odd reason the terrace warded away the faceless lady and the atmosphere made her feel at peace here. It would have been nice if she did have the whole terrace to herself but there is another person who has knowledge of the secret location. Amicably they respected each other's personal space and shared the escape spot to free their minds of their own troubles. Na Bi blinked as she rested her face on the back of her hand, fixating her attention on the morning vocals of the songbirds and took a quick glance at the image of the longhaired boy with perfect facial features who shares the space with her.

Na Bi wonders how a boy can possibly be so pretty?

Besides being kind to the eyes he also has this aura about him...something like how this terrace made her feel. 

Calm...peaceful...uplifting...

She is aware he is a senior from S Class and the girls in school look at him with these lovelorn eyes she cannot understand, but she does not mind him. He had smiled at her before but never once bothered her and quietly shares the space. They were just two strangers...appreciating the same thing.

 

 

Click...Whoosh!

 

 

The door leading to the terrace swung open followed by a few giggles and shrills of girls.

Na Bi turns her attention away from the scenery and lifts herself up from the railing. Her forehead knitted at the disturbance.

"Sunbae are you here?"

"Yuri came looking for you~!"

"Ah! There you are Jeong Han sunbae!"

A gaggle of second year girls appears behind Yoon Jeong Han and surrounds him where he was leaning on the railing. He had a blank expression on before gradually smiling and patted the girl named Yuri on the head.

"Yuri has been good, is oppa going to give Yuri a kiss?"

"If Yuri gets a kiss I want one too!"

"Me too!"

Na Bi heaved a sigh as she stares at the gaggle of fangirls ruining her tranquil morning. Oppa this...oppa that...kiss this...kiss that... It made her want to puke. Up until now she had thought differently about Yoon Jeong Han but all she can think of him now is that he is an absolute manwhore. Like one girl...ok...fine...but really leading a pack of girls here? What does he want to do with all of them? It is because of his flirting and attention seeking ways these girls have found their way into the secret terrace. Can he not have kept those habits of his somewhere else? Why did he have to ruin this place for her by leading a bunch of noisy shameless girls here? Her initial thought of the good morning quickly turned sour and even more so when her gaze meets the clear, bright eyes of Yoon Jeong Han. The girls all followed his gaze, noticing Na Bi for the first time since they came up disrupting the tranquility of the terrace.

"Who is that?" Yuri asks rather rudely. The other few second year girls looked at her with scrutiny.

"It looks like its just some first year..."

"What is she doing here?"

"Do you know her Jeong Han sunbae?"

Na Bi shot Jeong Han a glare, "my apologizes it seems I am interrupting something here. It is not my place." With a swish of her black nylon backpack behind her Na Bi stomps off to exit the terrace.

 

 

'

 

 

Na Bi's eyes quivers as she watched an unrecognizable person with long black hair grab hold of Lee Woo Jin, a classmate of hers that usually sat at the desk in front. He is on the floor with his eyes rolled back and the unknown woman has her thin willowy fingers grasp around his throat as she bent down towards his mouth.

What is she doing?!

The unknown woman with long black hair and a pair of oval glasses rolled her eyes back as she parted her lips and her slithering tongue her purplish lips hungrily...

A weird translucent form starts leaving through Woo Jin's mouth as his body shakes uncontrollably from the force of it being out. Na Bi gasped. That is his soul!

That...that thing is his soul out!

 

"Na Bi...Hwang Na Bi? Are you ok?" Math teacher Kang asks, his tone slightly rose from his usual monotonous tone.

 

"Uh-uh...yes."

 

Na Bi gulped. That was a vision. She had gotten many visions before but they were usually everyday occurrences and nothing like this one she just had. It was scarier than she would've liked. She glanced at Lee Woo Jin's back view in front of her.

Is that really going to happen to him? Was some creepy woman really after this poor guy's soul? And if so, why?

Her visions had never been incorrect...everything, everything she saw would happen exactly like how she saw it the first time around. Na Bi shivered at the thought of the unknown woman the life out of Woo Jin who is right now working really hard to scribble down the notes on the chalkboard.

"...Then can you come and solve this problem on the board?" Math teacher Kang piped up again. This time his voice hinted with slight annoyance. He must be thinking she had spaced out in his class. Na Bi looked at the question on the board. Easy.

"Yes seongsangnim."

Na Bi got up from her seat and walked towards the chalkboard to solve the equation.

 

If that eerie foresight she just saw were really to happen...

...What is she to do?

 

Before when it was a vision on something dropping on the floor she would have caught it or an old lady walking across the street towards an incoming car she would make sure to guide the lady away...but this, is completely different. That thing...what if that thing tried to do something to her too? How is she supposed to help Lee Woo Jin when she can hardly defend herself? Last time all she could do is run from the faceless lady she accidentally riled up.

After solving the equation Na Bi quietly returned to her seat.

"G-good job Hwang Na Bi, it is correct." Math teacher Kang said, surprised and slightly weirded out by the girl's odd temperament.

 

The location of the foresight looks like it took place at...

...Study Hall 2?

 

Year 1 Class 3 were doing study period today after the last block but they were assigned to Study Hall 4. The third years had occupied it for the past week with their experiments from Biology with microorganism cells...all the other students were told to attend study period in different study halls.

How did Lee Woo Jin end up in Study Hall 2?

 

 

'

 

 

As Na Bi pondered over the matter, rest period soon passed and then came third period Health class and not long after fourth period History went by as well. For Year 1 Class 3 study block is always looked over by Teacher Park but by past one she still did not show up which is odd because Teacher Park is always five minutes early and she greatly disliked tardiness. It just did not seem like her to be late.

"Does this mean we get to leave?" Min Joo who is sitting in column two, row two asks as she fiddles with her phone.

Just after Min Joo made the comment, a slender woman with long black hair wearing oval frame glasses walked into the classroom. Na Bi almost fell out of her chair as with one glance she immediately recognized the visitor. Sure the lady did not have her eyes rolled to the back of her head but no doubt...The stringy black hair and rather old fashioned glasses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter