Bonus: Moonsun Chapter

Flowers, Tattoos and Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bonus Chapter: Moonsun

A/N: As promised, a bonus moonsun chapter. I love these dorky unnies. Thanks again for reading!!!

 

It happened when Yongsun first locked eyes with the blue-haired woman next door. Wheein had just bumped into her, making her almost drop the flowers in her hand in shock. The blue-haired woman was watching the scene unfold from afar and Yongsun wondered why in the world would anyone choose to dye their hair blue like that. Then again, who was she to judge when her own hair was dyed strawberry pink too?

 

Both seemed to stare at each other from afar, probably thinking the same thing about each other’s hair, before the blue-haired woman suddenly waved at her. Yongsun waved back, unsure of what else to do at that moment. The woman flashed the cheesiest grin leaving Yongsun even more unsure of what to think of her.

 

Yongsun just thinks her neighbour’s weird and leaves it at that.

 

***

 

Yongsun and Wheein introduce themselves to their neighbours next door. Yongsun however, somehow couldn't seem to focus under the watchful eye of this blue-haired woman behind the tattooed lady. It's almost as if she was watching her every move but whatever it was made Yong unable to look at her in the eyes. She sees her in her periphery but even then, she can tell that she’s eyeing her up.

 

When she handed over the flowers, her hands brushed the woman’s for a second too long. She broke her own promise and made eye contact with her which was a bad idea because she had such nice eyes. And a nice nose. And…are those dimples under her eyes—?

 

No! Stop staring at your neighbour, that’s rude, Yongsun said to herself. But wait, wasn’t she eyeing me up earlier too???

 

She squeezed her own eyes shut and shook her head slightly in an attempt to regain herself. Sure, okay this woman was pretty and she had a smirk that screamed ‘Girl Crush’ but she was giving Yongsun a headache and burning cheeks right now. She wouldn't let her get to her. Until the woman spoke.

 

“I’m Moon Byulyi and this is Hwasa. Hwasa owns the place.”

 

The tattooist lady introduced herself and Yongsun now knew both her neighbour’s names. Ahn Hyejin…and Moon Byulyi. Hwasa was apologising for waving at Wheein for some reason, but Yongsun felt the urge to apologise on Wheein’s behalf because of her obvious crush on Hwasa.

 

“Can I ask when you were born?” Moonbyul asked. Yongsun figured she’d answer this since she was curious over who was oldest.

 

“I’m ’91 and Wheein is from ’95.” She stated.

 

Moonbyul smiled again. “Okay, I’m ’92 and Hyejin is—“

 

“’95 as well. July.”

 

Oh, Okay. Yongsun was really surprised to hear that she was the oldest out of all of them.

 

“O~kay, that’s honorifics all sorted out. Let’s be friends from now own and look out for each other!”

 

Moonbyul clapped her hands together and those dimples appeared again. As she turned to leave, she could’ve sworn she saw Byulyi wink at her out of the corner of her eye. Damn that Moon Byulyi.

 

***

 

"I kinda have a tiny crush on Yongsun.”

 

Hyejin saw this coming and rolled her eyes. Yet again.

 

“Unnie,” She said slowly. “Lay off this one time, please.”

 

Byulyi scoffed and gestured to the door where their neighbours just left. “Hyejinah, did you not see her cute dimples when she smiled? Or when her eyes scrunched up that way when she laughed? Who dyes their hair pink like that? Though I’m one to talk…Do you think she likes dogs? I can win her over with daebakie or…”

 

Hyejin was tired and wanted to take a nap. She’d heard all of this from Byulyi before and sometimes it was just best to leave her ranting about her crushes. She scooted away from her spot and quietly made her way upstairs, leaving Byulyi on her own talking to herself.

 

“—So should I ask her out? Eh? Hyejinah?” Byulyi looked around for her absent partner but pouted when she was nowhere to be found. Thoughts still clouded in her head from her encounter with Kim Yongsun.

 

She looked outside the window where Yongsun and Wheein were standing inside the shop next door. She was saying something to Wheein which made her hit the pink-haired woman in response. She saw her laughing and it sent butterflies inside Byulyi’s stomach.

 

***

 

Byulyi knows where Hyejin goes for her lunch break every day.

 

Hyejin leaves and walks across the pavement to where she and Wheein head off to a coffee place downtown. Byulyi smirks at her annoyed face when she passes her desk, finding it all too cute that Hyejin was making the first move ever since she declared she’d go over there a while ago. The irises she brought back from that day were sitting on the table and Byulyi stared at them, wondering when she’d ever make her first move on Kim Yongsun next door.

 

It wasn’t that she hadn't thought of going there before. Her job by the phone was just too busy for her to leave since she was the one in charge of managing schedules and waiting lists for customers. Byulyi knew she’d likely give up talking to customers on the phone if it meant spending a few minutes talking to Yongsun instead.

 

She glanced outside the window and saw her standing there through the glass of the flower shop next door. Her heart leapt in her chest almost instantly when she caught Yongsun looking straight at her too before her eyes went wide and looked away again as she turned her attention back to the flowers in her hand. Their stores were only six feet across from each other but both could easily catch the blush on each other’s cheeks threatening to spread all the way to their ears.

 

Was she…staring at me too? Moonbyul thought to herself.

 

Her heart was beating really fast and Moonbyul knew this was more than just another stupid crush.

 

***

 

She stared at her reflection on the body mirror next to the door and adjusted her blue hair for the sixteenth time. Byulyi was lucky Hyejin was willing to let her switch her lunch hours with someone else because now she finally had the chance to talk to Yongsun.

 

Talk to her about what, she still doesn’t know.

 

Thankfully she had Hyejin to go with her since she was the one who had been invited alongside her in the first place. They made their way over and saw Wheein talking to a van-driver who busy signing something, and Yongsun who was busy carrying way too many pots and baskets her tiny hands could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter