Gone

Flowers, Tattoos and Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After that night, the visits to Wheein’s shop continues ever more than before. Hyejin would always visit Wheein during her lunch breaks and sometimes Byul would even tag along just to see the look on Yongsun’s flustered face as they walk in unannounced.

 

The four of them gradually become closer and sooner or later, they were all having fun in Wheein’s apartment singing karaoke and drinking soju late at night—laughing at Yongsun who could barely pull herself together after just two sips.

 

For Wheein, it couldn’t get much better than this. She was happy she had the chance to greet Hyejin and Byul back when they first met. She remembered being shy at first and comparing it to now. She liked it; the feeling of being around these girls that now shared a deep, solid bond with her.

 

Hyejin especially. Since that night in her apartment, something noticeable had sparked between them. Wheein could see it in the way Hyejin’s eyes lingers on her lips a little too long or when she feels the tingling sensation in her spine when their hands touched.

 

Maybe, Wheein thinks, she can keep living this way from now own. Maybe this is what it means to hit that peak in your life where you’re finally happy with yourself and the people around you.

 

If this is what it’s like then she wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

***

 

The scorching heat of the summer was nearing to a close and Hyejin could practically see the leaves outside turn from green to brown. As far as her business was going, she was lately busying herself recruiting more employees as artists she needed in the future. She wanted to be quick today since her lunch break was coming up quite soon, and she couldn’t wait to see Wheein after her busy morning.

 

Soon enough it was time to leave and Hyejin didn’t even need to tell Byul where she was going since she practically knew already. Marching up to the building next door with two coffees in her hand, she nudged the door and walked right in.

 

Only to find that Wheein was nowhere to be found.

 

Instead, Hyejin was met with a tall, brunette girl, wearing the same yellow apron as Wheein, managing a display of flowers on a stand. She looked around to try and find Yongsun but she was nowhere to be found either. The brunette notices her and waves.

 

“Hi there, is there something I can help you with?”

 

“I’m looking for Wheein, actually. Is she around?”

 

The brunette shakes her head. “I'm sorry, Wheein called me this morning and asked me to fill in the shop for a while. She said she wasn’t feeling well, but never said why,” The woman shrugged sympathetically. “I’m Seulgi by the way and I help run the shop when Wheein needs a hand. I admit I’m not as good as her when it comes to floral arrangements but I do know my way around flowers. Is there anything else you're looking for, miss…?”

 

“O-oh—Hyejin. And it’s fine, I’ll come back another day. Could you maybe drop a message to say I stopped by?”

 

“Of course.” Seulgi offered a smile and Hyejin thanked her.

 

The coffee in her hands was starting to get cold so she figured she’d give it to Byul and try again tomorrow. She half-prayed whatever it was that made Wheein unwell would get better and hoped she’d be there to see her tomorrow.

 

***

 

The next day, Wheein was still nowhere to be seen.

 

Hyejin is greeted by Seulgi again, who recognises her from yesterday and tells her she left a message at Wheein’s house number but received no reply yet. All Hyejin could do was smile and thank her for the effort.

 

At that point, she was beginning to doubt her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter