Resonance

Flowers, Tattoos and Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you sure? Like, are you really sure?”

 

Wheein nods. She is sure.

 

“Yes,” She says, in her final tone. “I want a tattoo.”

 

Hyejin doesn’t know why she’s so surprised but out of all people, she didn’t expect hearing this come from Wheein. They were seated at their usual coffee shop, spending their normal lunch break with each other until Wheein decided to suddenly blurt out that she wanted a tattoo.

 

“Before you ask why, I’ve already thought it over and made up my mind. Besides, I don’t just want any tattoo. I want a couple-tattoo with you, Hyejinie.”

 

Hyejin’s memory vaguely recalls Wheein mentioning it to her a long time ago, but as a joke, though she never actually thought she’d bring up again like this. She remembers the conversation and plays it in her head once more:

 

“Hey Hyejin-ah, wouldn’t it be cool if we had couple tattoos?”

 

“Sure, why?”

 

“Why? Well, because it would mean something special to us, that’s why. It’d mean that we would have something we love to share between just the two us—something only we would understand.”

 

“I love you, Wheein-ah, but I’m not getting a tattoo of Ggomo with you if that’s what you’re asking.”

 

Hyejin sighs and finishes up the rest of her coffee. The thought of sharing a tattoo with Wheein would be nice and without a doubt, it would probably be her favourite tattoo in the world but still, she had her doubts.

 

“Tattoos are permanent, Wheein-ah. What if one of us gets tired of it one day?”

 

She didn’t mean to make it sound so negative but Wheein was still surprised to hear Hyejin say it. She looked as if she was almost offended.

 

“Tired, huh?” Wheein huffs. “So the reason why you don’t want to is that you think someday, one of us is bound to get tired of the other, is that it?”

 

“No, Wheein-ah. I didn’t mean it like that…”

 

Hyejin would sometimes say something offensive and sometimes Wheein would storm off because of it but within the time spent dating each other, both have learned that it helped neither of them to bear a grudge over something that could be talked over first. They understood each other and were better than that—than fighting.

 

She knows Hyejin is only asking because she wants her to be one hundred and ten per cent sure over the idea. And she is. She just needs to help her understand that.

 

“Hyejinie,” Wheein places Hyejin’s hands in her own. “I wouldn’t be asking if I think I didn’t want one with you. I know I do and that’s because I love you and I want to show it. Isn’t that enough?”

 

Hyejin meets her gaze for a moment before sighing.

 

“Why are you so poetic, Jung Wheein?”

 

“So, you agree?”

 

The thought of getting a tattoo with her didn't seem like such a bad idea now that Wheein was now smiling up at her in anticipation. Hyejin knew she’d never in her life give up seeing Wheein’s smile if it meant something like this meant so much to her. If this is what she wanted then Hyejin will provide.

 

“Sure. I’ll get a stupid tattoo with you.”

 

“Yay!”

 

Wheein’s hug caught her by surprise but despite the awkward position across the table, she hugged her back just as tightly with her own smile tugging at . Wheein pulls Hyejin’s face towards hers and plants a brief, chaste kiss on her lips leaving her flustered to the tip of her toes again. Hyejin is too overcome with happiness to regret her decision.

 

***

 

“Will it hurt? What if it actually hurts, Hyejinie, what do I do?”

 

The sound of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter