The Woman Next Door

Flowers, Tattoos and Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The April Spring breeze made Wheein shiver ever so slightly as she stood outside her shop display, carefully watering the remaining of her flowers. It was finally Springtime; the fruitful time of year where sales would go up for her flower shop thanks to the helpful mixture of rain, sunshine and breeze, springtime had to offer this season. This time of year made Wheein happy the most since she was able to help customers choose the brightest, richest flowers she had to offer.

 

“Thank you, have a nice day!”

 

Wheein handed the customer their change back before waving them off with their newly bought bouquet of tulips. She smiled, knowing that sales were improving compared to the deterioration of her flowers last winter. It was difficult but eventually, she was able to save most of her flowers in time for Spring. 

 

Deciding to check on her, Wheein walked outside to meet Yongsun, her employee and close friend managing a bouquet of lilies on a display; the soft, pink tinge of the flowers matching the colour of her ponytailed hair in the sunlight.

 

“How’s it going here?”

 

Yongsun glanced up at her friend with a smile before turning back to her bouquet. “All good. Just fixing up a few in the front row that look like they need watering.”

 

“Okay, show me where I should—“

 

“Relax Wheein-ah,” Yongsun reassured her. “I’ll take care of everything. You deserve a break after these past few weeks. Don’t overdo yourself okay, comanie~?”

 

Wheein smiled. “Thanks, unnie, what would I do without you?”

 

In truth, she could never have handled the weight of bearing her shop on her own without Yongsun’s help, so at times, Wheein felt grateful for the little things she does to look out for her. Still, she felt like she needed something to do since everything at her shop was up to date and maintained already for the afternoon. 

 

While leaning on the doorframe, out of the corner of her eye Wheein spots two people shuffling in and out of the building next door. Turning to her full attention, she saw two women unloading boxes from a large van, carrying them inside the newly refurbished building which read “Ahn’s Ink (안스잉크)”. From the looks of it, they looked like they were moving in.

 

“Huh? Since when did Tae-won’s Bakery move out?” Wheein asked out loud, prompting Yongsun to glance up in that direction.

 

“Oh, it looks like a tattoo parlour! How exciting,” Yongsun chirped. “Wheein-ah, since you’re free right now, you should go visit the new neighbours! I would go wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter